• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bearcatjosh said:
Where did this rumor come from?

Here.

Gexecuter said:
Any price drops rumors? I know the chances of that are pretty damn low but still.

Probably not yet. Maybe by the end of the year or early next year, but who knows. I thought a $50 price drop before the holiday season was a given, but with so many Kinect games coming out, maybe they won't need it.

jg4xchamp said:
I got money on Microsoft having a weak E3

I'd take your money, but whose standards are we talking about?

Mohonky said:
But really unless MS actually have some sort of stellar 1st party titles in the works I don't see why it would be necessary to pick up an MS based console next gen when it seems most of the big titles can be purchased on that as well as the exclusives.

They do. Most of them will come with Kinect support.

Gaspode_T said:
Backlash against Kinect is kind of like what 3DS is going through now, they worked hard to get it released but then had a little bit of stall of content...

The big difference being that backlash against Kinect has existed since when it was still called Project Natal (and of course, the fact that Kinect has been far more successful so far). It has little to do with the lack of software, it's fueled by the fear of motion-controlled gaming. But it doesn't matter, when good core games are shown - hopefully in two weeks - most people will change the record. They can't imagine how something like Kinect could be beneficial to the kinds of games they usually play so they need to be shown. And that's fine, that's precisely why Microsoft is putting so much emphasis on it.

Tron 2.0

I have nothing positive to say about the list in OP.

Really hoping they either have something more exciting under wraps or that something on that list surprises me.

Abooie

Banned
Everytime I see 'fusion' I think that this could be the moniker for some sort of kinect/traditional controller (new peripheral?) hybrid control scheme.

The problem with Kinect is walking around. If they added a peripheral that you could hold in one hand a bit like the nunchuck, possibly with wrist support so you didn't have to permanently grasp it I could see them overcoming the problem.

clav

Wow, the reactions are here are hilarious as always, especially the negativity.

Haven't even tried the games and you already give it a thumbs down.

Remember the Wii controller.

this list did nothing for me, except the Guardian Heroes and Radiant Silvergun parts. Proven awesome game > yo gramma's panties kinect

$10 on a reveal that the MS host thinks is going to steal the show, but it just ends up being Angry Birds Kinect

clav

Deadly Joker said:
What do you expect? People do not like motion controllers, especially on this forum. Maybe E3 can change that mindset with some good games that support Kinect.
Way to generalize people. Does that include yourself?

It's a MS thread. Of course it's going to have Kinect.

If haters are just in here to hate, then get out. Make a new thread hating on it, not this one.

claviertekky said:

If haters are just in here to hate, then get out. Make a new thread hating on it, not this one.

I think I said it the wrong way. What I meant is that "some" people don't like motion controls and on this forum, there are more people that don't like them than do like them. That's why there is so much hate.

TheOddOne

I wanna know if they are gonna talk about any hybrid type games. Should be intresting on how thats gonna work. I really think they are gonna use it like a bulletin point, like 3D, on the boxes. Its gonna be hilarious.

claviertekky said:

we now need two threads for people who like an announcement/game and those who hate it?

i love how people expect every thread to be "everybody gets a trophy" day for the topic. People are going to express dislike when something looks bad to them, try not to care so much or else it's going to be a rough life.

clav

Smision said:
we now need two threads for people who like an announcement/game and those who hate it?

i love how people expect every thread to be "everybody gets a trophy" day for the topic. People are going to express dislike when something looks bad to them, try not to care so much or else it's going to be a rough life.
:lol well I haven't been on gaming for a while, so I don't quite remember how rude people are in here.

I'll admit I don't own a Kinect accessory. I just don't take the opportunity to spew hate for it when I haven't really tried it in my own home.

claviertekky said:
:lol well I haven't been on gaming for a while, so I don't quite remember how rude people are in here.

i'm really not being rude, just honest, but I can be rude if you want to feel vindicated. :)

TheOddOne said:
I wanna know if they are gonna talk about any hybrid type games. Should be intresting on how thats gonna work. I really think they are gonna use it like a bulletin point, like 3D, on the boxes. Its gonna be hilarious.

Well, they obviously are since Forza 4 is a hybrid game, but I think there will be more. I expect Steel Battalion, Kingdoms and Zipline's game to be hybrid, maybe Alan Wake as well.

bangai-o

Banned
i was thinking of getting Kinect with Hulu/Netflix for my grandma. Her arthritis on her hands is is making it hard to operate the tv remote. And she also hates the DirectTV bill.

edit

i didnt mention Dreamcast because it didnt last the long run.

feel

bangai-o said:
hate me for it,

but i was thinking of getting Kinect with Hulu/Netflix for my grandma. Her arthritis on her hands is is making it hard to operate the tv remote. And she also hates the DirectTV bill.
Why would someone hate on that? That would be really cool of you.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
claviertekky said:

Some people are disappointed because there aren't a whole lot of non-Kinect retail exclusives. They don't have to restrict themselves to positive statements to participate in the thread.

MS might lose some of their core demographic to Sony if they plan on coasting on Gears and Halo for the remainder of this gen.

Codeblue said:
If there is one Genre that the PS2 and SNES totally demolish every other console, it is RPGs.
Are we really about to have a SNES/360 list war? To all the gamers out there, if your last console was a SNES please trade in your pogs for something more recent.

smurfx

get some go again
has there been any xbox 360 price drop rumors? i would like to buy my nephews one for xmas so i can let them borrow the games i have.

SapientWolf said:
Some people are disappointed because there aren't a whole lot of non-Kinect retail exclusives. They don't have to restrict themselves to positive statements to participate in the thread.

MS might lose some of their core demographic to Sony if they plan on coasting on Gears and Halo for the remainder of this gen.

The problem is people are jumping the gun when presuming that every Kinect game will also be a Kinect-required game. Forza 4 obviously isn't, many of the core titles probably won't.

That said, any loss of the current core demographic will be negligible at this point in the generation and it could be offset by the influx of other core gamers who have seen Xbox 360 as a playing-it-safe shooter box up to now (however wrong that might be) and who might appreciate Microsoft taking risks with its new games.

szaromir said:
360's much better on the platforming genre than PS2

2D platforming? Maaaaybe... 3D platforming? Hell no.

I can't think of any particularly good action adventures on PS2 either (SNES had Link to the Past though, but not much en masse)

o_O

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So, no banjo, no conker, but a whole lo of shooters and kinect games insead >.<?

IrishNinja

ice cold, duck...but i imagine things were going south

NemesisPrime said:
TBH Guardian Heroes alone makes the 360 my most played console by far this year :)

my thoughts exactly. i dont wanna hate on all the Kinect stuff in the OP (still havent had a chance to play it yet) but man, the XBLA section looked the best to me, and this is topping that.

wetwired

I have it on good authority that they'll announce an xbox portable that plays the same games and discs as the 360.

Not really, i just made that up, it would be fucking awesome though.

clav

wetwired said:
I have it on good authority that they'll announce an xbox portable that plays the same games and discs as the 360.

Microsoft most likely would not.

They're focusing efforts on jumpstarting Windows Phone 7 gaming.

Gravijah

wetwired said:

More Sega than Sega.

[Nintex]

Yoshi said:
So, no banjo, no conker, but a whole lo of shooters and kinect games insead >.<?
Totobeni said:
So is poor Rare a Kinect only studio now or something?

Because I just don't want Conker 2 to be a Kinect title...
Chris Seavor left the building, Conker is dead.

ShogunX

Kafel said:
Does MS usually announce the Summer of Arcade line-up at E3 ? I don't remember.

Please please please release a badass trailer for upcoming XBLA games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=975Zw8BJ3Vg <3

Really cant wait for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and just like somebody has already posted in here - Titles like this really are the AAA of the downloadable market. Bit of a shame to see so many supposed ''gaming enthusiasts'' overlook these type of titles time and time again to cry about their precious core retail releases or to bitch about Kinect.

Shogun PaiN said:
Really cant wait for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and just like somebody has already posted in here - Titles like this really are the AAA of the downloadable market. Bit of a shame to see so many supposed ''gaming enthusiasts'' overlook these type of titles time and time again to cry about their precious core retail releases or to bitch about Kinect.

QFT

XBLA alone has been the jewel in the crown of console gaming. I rarely buy boxed games anymore TBH. XBLA keeps me busy with AAA gaming.

bj00rn_

Banned
Posted?

msbadge1.jpg

arstechnica

What's that jetfighter btw?

Abooie said:
Everytime I see 'fusion' I think that this could be the moniker for some sort of kinect/traditional controller (new peripheral?) hybrid control scheme.

The problem with Kinect is walking around. If they added a peripheral that you could hold in one hand a bit like the nunchuck, possibly with wrist support so you didn't have to permanently grasp it I could see them overcoming the problem.

Yeah I did wonder. I think they could get away with selling a small one handed controller, if the Kinect purists don't kick up too much of a fuss.

TheOddOne

Graphics Horse said:
Yeah I did wonder. I think they could get away with selling a small one handed controller, if the Kinect purists don't kick up too much of a fuss.
I have more fear of the non purists. I can already imagine the arguments.

Witchfinder General said:
GlaDOS?

Why would that be there? A Kinect version of Portal 2? Or something else?
I trust in Valve not to fuck the vast majority of players by releasing exclusive content for the 360 after pushing the PC and PS3 releases of the game so hard.

TheOddOne

badcrumble said:
I trust in Valve not to fuck the vast majority of players by releasing exclusive content for the 360 after pushing the PC and PS3 releases of the game so hard.
I think thats more of Sony's doing in this case.

smurfx said:
has there been any xbox 360 price drop rumors? i would like to buy my nephews one for xmas so i can let them borrow the games i have.

This is what I'm wondering as well. My son has saved up just about enough for the 4GB, but I told him to wait two weeks to see what E3 brings. I'm hoping for a $50 drop, mainly so he'd have a little left over for a game or two.

EagleEyes

Overall that is quite a lot of content in the pipeline for Microsoft. I'm interested in quite a bit of that including some of the Kinect games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom