• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgon said:
Looking at the OP, why is XCOM there? Is it now an XBox exclusive or something?

It was only announced for 360 and PC. I'd say it'll come to PS3 as well. Doesn't seem like a game that Microsoft would pay for exclusivity.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Gorgon said:
Looking at the OP, why is XCOM there? Is it now an XBox exclusive or something?
It's a 360/PC game, no PS3 version announced. Most likely MS will carry some of the PR for the game.

snoopeasystreet said:
Doesn't seem like a game that Microsoft would pay for exclusivity.
I know I wouldn't.

The Wise Old Man said:
E3 is a magical and wondrous time for us all. The bounty of epilepsy bestows its gifts upon us like the double ended hydra of ultimate nullification. This year we once again twitch, spasm, and click our way towards corporate consumerist electronic gamorrah. The check has cleared, the hellhound has been loosed and this is the bright digital future that we have won for ourselves. The dog shall bray under the southern cross and we shall once again know that anything is possible. Hands together around our white glowing boomerangs we are the masters of our own fate. You, friend, wield the poop sock and I will take to arms with the garden hose. Phantom points will shower down all around us and we will be at once drawn in and expelled out of the world. Muted browns and greys give way to bright vibrant colors and then back to browns and greys the year after next. All energy flows according to the whims of the great meme. May we be forever eager and forever dissatisfied this year at E3.
Beautiful

Kafel said:
Once again, the stickers are not announcements. They only show the "universe" of the 360, just like the catchphrases. They've already done this, one or two years ago and maybe not even for E3.

Exactly, those are not announcements. Every sticker can be traced back to an already announced or even released game. It's unlikely that any of the new stuff is shown there.

V_Ben

Banned
The Wise Old Man said:
E3 is a magical and wondrous time for us all. The bounty of epilepsy bestows its gifts upon us like the double ended hydra of ultimate nullification. This year we once again twitch, spasm, and click our way towards corporate consumerist electronic gamorrah. The check has cleared, the hellhound has been loosed and this is the bright digital future that we have won for ourselves. The dog shall bray under the southern cross and we shall once again know that anything is possible. Hands together around our white glowing boomerangs we are the masters of our own fate. You, friend, wield the poop sock and I will take to arms with the garden hose. Phantom points will shower down all around us and we will be at once drawn in and expelled out of the world. Muted browns and greys give way to bright vibrant colors and then back to browns and greys the year after next. All energy flows according to the whims of the great meme. May we be forever eager and forever dissatisfied this year at E3.

Excellent. :)

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Exactly, those are not announcements. Every sticker can be traced back to an already announced or even released game. It's unlikely that any of the new stuff is shown there.

Ya. From Frankie:
The agency who made these simply wants attendees to put the stickers on their E3 badges to identify with a favorite Xbox motif. It has nothing to do with anything.

Sowwy.
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1072960

REMEMBER CITADEL said:

Like I said earlier:

me said:
You don't reference Lara Croft and Star Wars without having something to show. Despite being decent games, Underworld and The Force Unleashed are not games you remember nostalgically.

Batman is another one that will probably be shown and feature some sort of exclusivity. You don't put a game that's predecessor was marketed as Playstation game on your invite without taking "ownership" of it.

J-Rzez

A price cut would go a long way to get me to get another Xbox, my gf has been pestering me to play dance central, I thought she'd be over it by now, but since she just played it over her friend's house, it just fueled the fire more.

I hope their conference isn't bogged down in majority by "features" like the ESPN thing, and kinect stuff too long. Time to show off the games!

Grecco

snoopeasystreet said:
Like I said earlier:

Batman is another one that will probably be shown and feature some sort of exclusivity. You don't put a game that's predecessor was marketed as Playstation game on your invite without taking "ownership" of it.

Star Wars is going to be Star Wars Kinect which should be one of the main games Microsoft will use with their initiative to push Kinect Sensors to the hardcore masses.

Kafel

Banned
Grecco said:
Star Wars is going to be Star Wars Kinect which should be one of the main games Microsoft will use with their initiative to push Kinect Sensors to the hardcore masses.

core, not hardcore

Star Wars Kinect will be used for its broad appeal, just like with the SW Lego games from years ago.

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Both Tomb Raider reboot and Kinect Star Wars are already announced.

Also, look a few posts above.

You don't have to announce games at e3 to show them. There's a reason those games were picked regardless of the announcement.

At the very least, Tomb Raider and Batman are getting some co-marketing from microsoft.

Kafel

Banned
snoopeasystreet said:
You don't have to announce games at e3 to show them. There's a reason those games were picked regardless of the announcement.

At the very least, Tomb Raider and Batman are getting some co-marketing from microsoft.

LOOK.ABOVE.YOUR.LAST.POST

Gorgon

snoopeasystreet said:
It was only announced for 360 and PC. I'd say it'll come to PS3 as well. Doesn't seem like a game that Microsoft would pay for exclusivity.

godhandiscen said:
It's a 360/PC game, no PS3 version announced. Most likely MS will carry some of the PR for the game.

Ah, ok, thanks guys.

Kafel

Banned
snoopeasystreet said:
I did.... What about Tomb Raider or Batman have to do with the xbox motif? They'll be shown at the conference.

Believe.

don't make bullshit up (co-marketing with Batman and Tomb Raider etc).

an agency was asked to do something nice with the xbox universe and they came up with the stickers idea. the end.

I'm not making it up. I'm predicting.

We've already seen Arkham City at a Microsoft event and Tomb Raider Underworld had 360 exclusive DLC. It's not a reach to assume that there's a probability of something like that happening.

bluestuff

The Wise Old Man said:

well that's it

good night everybody

Pooya

Ghost Recon Future Soldier is "better with Kinect"
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80255530833?cid=search

boxartlgfk4x.jpg

Lakitu said:
Surprising really. It looked really good during last year's E3, here's hoping they haven't dumbed it down to include Kinect controls.
Doubtful. With Kinect controls being optional, it'll likely be voice commands and, possibly, hand gestures for team mates. I doubt it'll effect the core controller gameplay that much.

TheOddOne

odhiex said:
Wow neat idea, can't wait to see the demo on the stage of Microsoft E3 Press Conference. :D

This could be exciting way to deliver Hardcore Kinect Games on the existing Multiplatform titles, now with the new tag "BETTER with KINECT" hahah. The new exclusive model for Microsoft.
Well we do have 3D and Move as exclusive features, so this will make shit more intresting.

S1kkZ

i hope they use voice-commands + hand gestures. when you point your hand at the screen, a marker/cursor comes up (like the cursor in child of eden), you aim at a certain area and tell your team to go there/kill the enemy/scout the area.

scently said:
Spartans Unite might actually be a reference for Codename Kingdoms.

Answered above. The stickers don't have anything to do with anything. It's just marketing fun so attendees can put cool stuff on their badges.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Interfectum said:
Oh... god... don't tell me that purple shit is going to be plastered all over every game now.
That's what I was saying pretty much in the topic that revealed the boxart.. Some thought I was overreacting but considering the hideous nature of that purple and band clusterfuck of ugly anyone has a right to bitch about this if it means all games that get a sniff of kinect support get slapped with this shit.

Are you reading this MS? Major turnoff lol

This is in bargain bin territory of boxart judgment at the moment.

So should I be buying a Kinect or what? Maybe I should buy Dark Souls on 360 instead of PS3 to support core games
and achievements :(
. Hate that boxart gets pushed in favour of advertising but hey, most boxarts are shit so I will probably print out some nice GAFart at some point for my whole collection.

Pooya

saunderez said:
Where'd the Better With Kinect part go?

It was there last time I came into this thread!

rehosted. looks like they pulled it.

boxartlgfk4x.jpg

and here is the product summary that was there, info about mp, number of maps, missions, weapons etc is new I think:

Armed with the most advanced combat technology, the Ghosts are an untraceable unit of soldiers who track down the highest-value targets in the highest-risk conflict areas around the world. In the near future, 4 of these elite soldiers serve as the tip of the spear in a hidden war raging across the globe. As the Ghosts accomplish their objectives, they discover a far greater threat - one that could alter the international balance of power forever. Join the Legendary Ghosts –Control Sergeant Kozak and his unit, across 14 missions in 8 spectacular locales, from Africa to the Arctic Circle. All-Access Pass to Future War Tech: Fight using the tech of tomorrow including, optical camouflage, augmented reality, drones and more. Wield over 50 Weapons and Customize Them with Gunsmith Mode- Harness the immense firepower of an army and optimize every aspect of your arsenal in the Gunsmith mode. Intense Multiplayer- 4 game modes, 10 maps and multiple classes along with GR’s classic siege mode.

SapientWolf said:
Why would you need Kinect for voice commands?

You would if it uses Kinect's speech recognition because it's not only about hardware. Ubisoft is experienced in that area, but Kinect's is supposedly very robust when it comes to accents and so on.

ReturnOfTheRAT said:
So "better with kinect" is the new meme for E3?

We've seen it already a year ago, it shouldn't be that surprising.

Anyway, Champion Jockey should probably be added to the list of confirmed games.

overcast

Shogun PaiN said:
So how can you be tired of it then? You can hardly be tired of Kinect announcements either seeing as there haven't been many since it's launch.
Last years press conference was enough for me. I'm not a big fan of motion control, and the games that I have seen so far do not impress me. We'll see what they show at E3, but I will continue to want to play games with a controller far more than full body motion sensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom