• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft sends GAF a Cease and Desist notice over Mass Effect 3 Spoilers

Derrick01

Banned
Hahaha they were probably tired of all the fun we were having at ME3's expense so they censored us.

Don't worry guys you will all find out what we were laughing about for yourself in March.

DaBuddaDa

The reaction to the leaked story beats was of general of derision and laughter. Sounds like BioWare has another stinker on their hands, sadly.

Zeliard said:
Heh interesting. How'd you end up liking it?
EmCeeGramr said:
shepard kills aeris and then merges with helios

on a sidenote, Evilore should let me make the OT to show his appreciation for BioWare and their helpful attitude, i have a banner ready and waiting to go:

knOp8.jpg

Lakitu

st5fu
Their own forums have been discussing it and posting stuff from it. Does that mean they could sue their own forum?

Zenith

Banned
fucking assholes. We're not bound by any NDAs, how is this not a simple freedom of speech thing? What are they going to do, pull their non-existent ME3 ads from here?

At least Kotaku stood up to Sony when they threatened them over the PSHome stuff.

Think about that GAF, beaten by Kotaku on the integrity scales.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
GSR said:
WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED

OCCUPY BIOWARE

But seriously, this does make me laugh. Welcome to the internet, where discussing a company's fuck-up is illegal.

At least we know we get to Sex Wrex this outing, finally. Bioware may get $60 day one from me.
Haha, fat chance. I'm waiting for the GotY edition.

EmCeeGramr said:
>>Image<<

Needs more rainbow behind Shepard due to that gay outing mission (finally, my Shepard doesn't have to hide behind his beard Liara!).

LegatoB

EmCeeGramr said:
on a sidenote, Evilore should let me make the OT to show his appreciation for BioWare and their helpful attitude, i have a banner ready and waiting to go:
this is the kind of effort we need to be supporting in neogaf |OT|s

Riposte

What would BioWare possibly do to hurt NeoGAF for posting text? I assume leaked images too, but maybe that is trickier.

stuminus3

sphinx said:
Because "GAF" (and I don't mean you or me but the owners, creators and some mods here at GAF) are friends with many industry insiders, guys working in these companies.

If "Bioware Guy A" asks Evilore to give them a hand, GAF will. Nothing wrong with that.
This fellow here gets it, this is exactly the point I was making.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
how do they have a legal leg to stand on? I don't get it, merely discussing what's in a game before release is somehow a violation of intellectual property rights? This is NONSENSE.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Zenith said:
fucking assholes. We're not bound by any NDAs, how is this not a simple freedom of speech thing? What are they going to do, pull their non-existent ME3 ads from here?

At least Kotaku stood up to Sony when they threatened them over the PSHome stuff.

Think about that GAF, beaten by Kotaku on the integrity scales.
Legal threats from megacorporations are scary, especially when you don't have legal counsel on staff.

Can someone PM me what parts of the story were spoiled? I only saw the leaked pics and could give two shits about the series after the original. I just want to know how theyve slaughtered the narrative.

Prezhulio

hilarious. what will be will be, and doing this only throws gas on the flames for those interested in seeing it. otherwise the people who avoided it will avoid it all the same.

LQX

I'm kind of glad it disappeared. I ventured in and it and immediately came out.

Also why do so of you see as being funny? That's major story driven game that many love. And it was not a leak on there part. I have seen many do some real dickish shit like knowing posting links and images they know would spoil a game for others.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Obviously the only solution to this is to send NeoGAF members to Bioware and have them report on the game in their own environment and give us free copies. I would happily volunteer.

inky

Zenith said:

I agree. The info is out and this site is not a media site, or one bound to publishers in any way (at least I think so) so this is just people talking about what they read somewhere else. Is this like harboring classified information or something? lol.

FStop7

Banned
I read most of what was posted. It's all in my head. What are you going to do about it, Bioware? Sue me for my brain? I/we never signed NDAs.

OMG Aero

Zenith said:
Actually, wasn't the Mass Effect 3 beta available through the Xbox dashboard preview?
I think you agree to an NDA when you sign up for that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Htown said:
how do they have a legal leg to stand on? I don't get it, merely discussing what's in a game before release is somehow a violation of intellectual property rights? This is NONSENSE.

Because the game is their property it hasn't been released and could harm sales. Thus, the C&D in their interests to protect sales.

Cats out of the bag though, it's terrible other than giving me the option to finally have a gay Shepard in SPACCCCE.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
EviLore said:
Yeah man, they probably, just, like, asked nicely, you know? Know'mean? Over drinks at the cafe.
Will you get a second C&D is you post a copy of the original C&D? I want some good laughs.

xbhaskarx said:
I played the ME3 beta, what are you gonna do about it Bioware?
Ban your XBL account for hacking.

Patryn

So at this point I should basically give up any hope of liking Mass Effect 3?

Great. This actually makes me sad. Mass Effect 1 is my favorite game, and to see the series fall so hard so fast....

sigh.

Lothars

Derrick01 said:
This. My advice for everyone? Rent the game. We can't discuss anything even in spoilers so just believe us.
My advice for everyone is play the game when it's out and make your own opinion, Derrick's is not the one i would be taking the advice from.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Derrick01 said:
This. My advice for everyone? Rent the game. We can't discuss anything even in spoilers so just believe us.
Ok now I really wanna know the shit that went down in the other thread regarding this "spoiler." It can't be that bad now, can it?

Top Bottom