• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Trolls as They Demonstrate Gifs on XB1

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't get this thread why's everyone waving their fanboy flag high and going crazy lately?

Joker-Everybody-Loses-their-Minds.gif

Because people are just fed up of MS's cynical, lazy, and damaging policies?

He didn't remove anything. He was saying MS showed 42 games (35 of which were exclusives) and Sony showed 35 games (I'm not sure how many of the 35 were exclusive).

To put it another way: MS showed 7 non exclusive games and 35 exclusive games. Sony showed 35 total games, but he's not sure about the breakdown between exclusive and non-exclusive.

I'm not vouching for the numbers, nor do I particularly care about the list war, I'm just trying to clear up what was said.

Thanks!

Ape

Banned
Yeah, I hope to see more functionality out of its support. Having them available for inline messages or for use in the activity feed should be something they look into.

I agree. Otherwise it would be sort of a useless feature if you can't share them.

FranXico

It seems awfully hypocritical to say this, and then a couple posts later turn around with this:

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but it's kind of staggering how quickly this thread degenerated.

I saw your post and came to my senses. The GIF has been edited out.
I really should not have played into the list wars conversation in the first place.

I'm out of this thread, and apologize for being part of the problem.

BTW, I was wrong about the amount of games (whether they were exclusive or not) on both conferences.

Derpcrawler

You remember last gen? It's like that but in reverse. Well, not like that, exactly that. How fast people forget these things. It's great to lord it over others when you are in a better position, but it's outrageous when it works the other way around.

It's pretty hilarious to be honest. And next gen the people puffing chests will be crying again, thus is console warfare.

It wasn't that bad last gen. Maybe just before PS3 launch and a bit after, but when it was established that Xbox 360 was superior machine in every way except for local storage options and DVD vs BluRay, everything died down pretty quickly, it was established that multiplatforms were better on 360 in 99 out 100 games. But this time around it's truly ridiculous. I don't know if it's all the salt that piled up in people who go only for one platform or what.

I have at least 2 consoles in same gen since PS2 times, and I just buy whichever I like to. With online gaming etc, I buy to play with my friends or for system with best ecosystem (in my opinion). Sometimes I buy same game on multiple platforms just to play with my buddies on each of them. I already decided to buy Destiny for both consoles, same was with Watch Dogs. This fanboy shit is getting old and making atmosphere of gamer community pretty toxic.

Or he could just ask someone that obviously just counted them 10 minutes ago to post the list of the games he counted?

Why the hell would you be against someone backing up a claim on a forum or ridicule the person making the request.

I was ridiculing his "I don't believe you" tone, and it is ridiculous, considering he has nothing to stand on, not having even watched the conference. While I prefered Sony's conference (check my post history - or maybe that's also too much to ask for, and I should dig out the quotes myself), Microsoft did show many games, and it wouldn't at all surprise me if they ended up showing more than Sony. They just didn't show as many brand new exclusives, although even in that regard we're not talking about a big difference.

-MB-

I don't get this thread why's everyone waving their fanboy flag high and going crazy lately?

Joker-Everybody-Loses-their-Minds.gif

This is the start of the new generation baby. The stakes have been reset so there is
enough fuel again for the crazies to go at war with each other for the internet mindshare!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I was ridiculing his "I don't believe you" tone, and it is ridiculous, considering he has nothing to stand on, not having even watched the conference.
And I submit to you that he was just asking a question.

Assume good faith unless posters turn out to act in bad faith and I personally didn't know that poster so either I agree subconsciously with his horrible bias or he doesn't have a history of suspect posts.

Anyway, klodeckel1990 delivered and that is great.

Dredd97

I don't care for the "methodology of my arithmetic". In this case, I only care for somthing I call: "counting".

Games shown at Sony/MS Media Briefings:

XBO (42 games)

Assassin’s Creed Unity (Ubisoft)
Below (Capybara Games)
Blues and Bullets (A Crowd of MOnsters)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Sledgehammer Games)
Cuphead (Studio MHDR)
Dungeon of the Endless (Amplitude Studios)
Evolve (Turtle Rock Studios)
Fable Legends (Lionhead Studios)
FIFA 15 (EA Sports)
Forza Horizon 2 (Playground Games)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10)*
Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 (Halfbrick)
Funk of Titans (A Crowd of Monsters)
Ghost of a Tale (SeithCG)
Goat Simulator (Coffee Stain Studios)
Gunscape (Blowfish Studios)
Halo 5: Guardians (343 Industries)
Halo: The Master Chief Collection (343 Industries)
#IDARB (Other Ocean)
Inside (Playdead)
Knight Squad (Chainawesome Games)
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Asteroid Base)
Massive Chalice (Doublefine)
No Time to Explain (tinyBuildGames)
Ori and the Blind Forst (Moon Studios)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamis)
Plague Inc: Evolved (Ndemic Creations)
Pneuma: Breath of Life (Deco Digital)
Project Spark (Team Dakota)
Rivals of Aether (Dan Fornace)
Quantum Break (Remedy Entertainment)
Screamride (Frontier)
SlashDash (Nevernaut games)
Smite (Hi-Rez Studios)
Space Engineers (Keen Software House)
Spectra (Gateway Interactive)
SpeedRunners (tinyBuildGames)
Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games)
Superhot (Superhot Team)
The Escapists (Team17)
Threes! (Sirvo)
Volgarr the Viking (Crazy Viking Studios)

PS4 (33 games)

Alienation
Day Z
Destiny
Dreamfall Chapters
Driveclub
Ether One
Far Cry 4
Hellblade
Hollowpoint
Hustle Kings
In Space We Brawl
inFAMOUS First Light*
Journey
LittleBigPlanet 3
Metal Gear Solid 5
Murasaki Baby
Nom Nom Galaxy
Papers Please
Pix the Cat
PT
Q.U.B.E 2
Rime
Runemaster
Shadow of Mordor
Snow
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order 1886
The Tomorrow Children
The Unfinished Swan
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Until Dawn
Volume
WiLD

*DLC

wow you went through all the trouble of listing the XB1 games including the developers but couldn't do the same for the PS4 list?

I think I can guess which colour flag your flying /s

your also missing minecraft, sony showed video of that, same as MS showed plague Inc as just video...

I don't care for the "methodology of my arithmetic". In this case, I only care for somthing I call: "counting".

XBO (42 games)

Below (Capybara Games)
Cuphead (Studio MHDR)
FIFA 15 (EA Sports)
#IDARB (Other Ocean)
Inside (Playdead)
Screamride (Frontier)
Smite (Hi-Rez Studios)
Superhot (Superhot Team)
The Escapists (Team17)
Threes! (Sirvo)

PS4 (33 games)

Alienation
Day Z
Destiny
Dreamfall Chapters
Driveclub
Ether One
Far Cry 4
Hellblade
Hollowpoint
Hustle Kings
In Space We Brawl
inFAMOUS First Light*
Journey
LittleBigPlanet 3
Metal Gear Solid 5
Murasaki Baby
Nom Nom Galaxy
Papers Please
Pix the Cat
PT
Q.U.B.E 2
Rime
Runemaster
Shadow of Mordor
Snow
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order 1886
The Tomorrow Children
The Unfinished Swan
Until Dawn
Volume
WiLD

*DLC

The anti Microsoft bitterness (some of it justified, some of it not) has clouded the minds of so many here. I really appreciate this post. I am sure it will be met with some replies accusing you of fanboyism, just ignore them.

Skele7on

Banned
Seriously, this thread got all kinds of derailed. Keep on track guys.

I personally can't wait to try out this feature and hope it's in the September preview!

Will make posting in DestinyGAF a lot easier!

But still the share button and export on my playstation also makes it pretty darn easy to make gifs, so winning all round really!

klodeckel

Banned
Yep, only 4 XB1 exclusives. Needless to say Sony had more.

XBO:

25 timed exclusives.
13* (partial console) exclusives

* (-1 if Tom Raider is only timed exlusive)

PS4:
15 timed exclusives
13 (partial console) exclusives

Not 100% sure on PS4 numbers, because - I repeat myself here - sometimes I am not sure on the exact wording.

wow you went through all the trouble of listing the XB1 games including the developers but couldn't do the same for the PS4 list?

I think I can guess which colour flag your flying /s
Blame Sony, not me. I just copied & pasted from their press documents (not all tho).

Alucrid

Banned

XBO (42 games)

Below (Capybara Games)
Cuphead (Studio MHDR)
FIFA 15 (EA Sports)
#IDARB (Other Ocean)
Inside (Playdead)
Screamride (Frontier)
Smite (Hi-Rez Studios)
Superhot (Superhot Team)
The Escapists (Team17)
Threes! (Sirvo)

PS4 (33 games)

Alienation
Day Z
Destiny
Dreamfall Chapters
Driveclub
Ether One
Far Cry 4
Hellblade
Hollowpoint
Hustle Kings
In Space We Brawl
inFAMOUS First Light*
Journey
LittleBigPlanet 3
Metal Gear Solid 5
Murasaki Baby
Nom Nom Galaxy
Papers Please
Pix the Cat
PT
Q.U.B.E 2
Rime
Runemaster
Shadow of Mordor
Snow
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order 1886
The Tomorrow Children
The Unfinished Swan
Until Dawn
Volume
WiLD

*DLC

So how do we trust a list that doesn't even have fucking Uncharted 3?

Ironically, PR people (MS recently) make comments about the fans console wars getting out of control or media sites make articles about them. Yet they go and make videos and business deals to accelerate and aggravate that very same line of reasoning.

It seems only age and time are the true cures for fanboyism.

kadotsu

Banned
Man i wish "no games" and "indies don't count" would become a bannable offense. Just like port begging it derails threads. This here was about a funny little jab at the competition and it turned into dumb list wars.

Can we all just agree to the fact that Sony showed a lot more interesting games? Quality over Quantity, people.

That's highly subjective, and all I can agree with is that they showed more new interesting first party games: The Tomorrow Children, WiLD, and Tearaway Unfolded (although that's not exactly a new game; and I was not impressed by Alienation), compared to just Screamride on Microsoft's end. That said, my excitement for Sony's games went down a little when I learned that the first two on that list would be focused on co-op.

That's highly subjective, and all I can agree with is that they showed more new interesting first party games: The Tomorrow Children, WiLD, and Tearaway Unfolded (although that's not exactly a new game; and I was not impressed by Alienation), compared to just Screamride on Microsoft's end. That said, my excitement for Sony's games went down a little when I learned that the first two on that list would be focused on co-op.

I can understand that. Co-op is not something everyone enjoyes and I have been in the same camp as you, but in some games it just works and makes the game that much more interesting.

Can we all just agree to the fact that Sony showed a lot more interesting games? Quality over Quantity, people.

Not to me. I didn't care much about Microsoft neither because I saw them already at E3. It was just a conference with teasers and the stuff that didn't make it at E3.

BrikHog

Neo Member
This thread..

It makes me sad to see that such a professional website is riddled with fanboyism.

Its reaching comical levels at this point. I feel im back on GameSpot's system wars forums.

Guess Tomb Raider really stoked that fire huh?

Salex_

It seems like they're trying to fill that hole now. The common complaint I used to see over the years was that a vast majority of their 1st party games were focused on single player.

I can understand that. Co-op is not something everyone enjoyes and I have been in the same camp as you, but in some games it just works and makes the game that much more interesting.

I like co-op, and I think more games should support it, especially local co-op. I just don't like it when it's mandatory or the only enjoyable way to play a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom