• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Trolls as They Demonstrate Gifs on XB1

Status
Not open for further replies.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Everything I said is that there were more games shown at the MS Briefing than at the Sony Briefing. That is basic maths. A very simple fact. That's all. Without any verdict.
Based on your counting methodology: If Sony and MIcrosoft both yesterday had put up a slide of all released games on their respective consoles, would Sony have had more games shown than Microsoft?

benny_a

Did MS show games that have already released?
No. What is the relevancy to my question about the methodology of his arithmetic?

Now that's gold. "I didn't really watch it, but I want proof!"
How is that gold? Someone makes a claim and someone other wants to see evidence.

That is like the most basic of the basic of basic ways of how evidence based discussions work.

Why are the fans of the winning console acting like sore losers? The PS3 sold 10 million units in less than a year, I would be celebrating.

I don't want to take this conversation into any direction at all rofl. So far, I only responded to some guys who took things too serious. Why should I count exclusives now? That wasn't even my original statement. If you think everything is clear - just count them on your own.

Everything I said is that there were more games shown at the MS Briefing than at the Sony Briefing. That is basic maths. A very simple fact. That's all. Without any verdict.

I still don't understand why you would remove the exclusives shown at Sony's conference, and not Microsoft's.. and why you would even exclude anything if you're concerned about the amount of games shown. But I don't exactly want to keep this rhetoric going either.

On Demand

Banned
In terms of pure exclusives I find KI season 2, Forza, Sunset Overdrive and Halo far more appealing than Sony's offerings.

Most of the indies are on PC too, so that's where I'll get them.

That's cool. For me it's the other way around. Good thing we have choices and opinions.

Sony could of made a similar image and prettied it all up. The games that will sell the most (3rd party) are on both consoles.

gaming_noob

Why are we being obnoxious to each other? We're only fans of videogames...it's not like success or failure of either of these companies have anything to do with your real lives.

Why are we being obnoxious to each other? We're only fans of videogames...it's not like success or failure of either of these companies have anything to do with your real lives.

Because, warz, dude...warz.

It isn't enough that you succeed, but that everyone else fails.

Internet 101

p2535748

I still don't understand why you would remove the exclusives shown at Sony's conference, and not Microsoft's.. and why you would even exclude anything if you're concerned about the amount of games shown. But I don't exactly want to keep this rhetoric going either.

He didn't remove anything. He was saying MS showed 42 games (35 of which were exclusives) and Sony showed 35 games (I'm not sure how many of the 35 were exclusive).

To put it another way: MS showed 7 non exclusive games and 35 exclusive games. Sony showed 35 total games, but he's not sure about the breakdown between exclusive and non-exclusive.

I'm not vouching for the numbers, nor do I particularly care about the list war, I'm just trying to clear up what was said.

benny_a

Maybe he should, you know, watch the bloody conference.
Or he could just ask someone that obviously just counted them 10 minutes ago to post the list of the games he counted?

Why the hell would you be against someone backing up a claim on a forum or ridicule the person making the request.

Dragon

Banned
Now that's gold. "I didn't really watch it, but I want proof!"

I think the dude was just curious. But why attribute an innocent question when you can attribute it to malice.

He didn't remove anything. He was saying MS showed 42 games (35 of which were exclusives) and Sony showed 35 games (I'm not sure how many of the 35 were exclusive).

To put it another way: MS showed 7 non exclusive games and 35 exclusive games. Sony showed 35 total games, but he's not sure about the breakdown between exclusive and non-exclusive.

I'm not vouching for the numbers, nor do I particularly care about the list war, I'm just trying to clear up what was said.

35 exclusives implies it will not becoming to another system. As Ryse and DR3 have shown, this is not the case with Microsoft exclusives. Just saying exclusive isn't enough anymore if people use the word incorrectly.

sora87

Damn, you're righ-oh wait

FiIT2xg.jpg

Can't wait to play most those games on my PS4 and PC.

I don't get this thread why's everyone waving their fanboy flag high and going crazy lately?

Joker-Everybody-Loses-their-Minds.gif

Pug

It seems awfully hypocritical to say this, and then a couple posts later turn around with this:

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but it's kind of staggering how quickly this thread degenerated.

Staggering and depressing but bloody hilarious.

Caayn

Or he could just ask someone that obviously just counted them 10 minutes ago to post the list of the games he counted?

Why the hell would you be against someone backing up a claim on a forum or ridicule the person making the request.
Or you know the people who started the conversation in the first place could bring up some evidence. Why want evidence of only one when multiple are at fault?

MaulerX

I think the dude was just curious. But why attribute an innocent question when you can attribute it to malice.

35 exclusives implies it will not becoming to another system. As Ryse and DR3 have shown, this is not the case with Microsoft exclusives. Just saying exclusive isn't enough anymore if people use the word incorrectly.

I'm not sure there is a link. That number came about by watching the conference(s) and counting. If he wants proof then it's not too far fetched to ask him to watch it himself and do his own counting.

klodeckel

Banned
No. What is the relevancy to my question about the methodology of his arithmetic?

How is that gold? Someone makes a claim and someone other wants to see evidence.

That is like the most basic of the basic of basic ways of how evidence based discussions work.

I don't care for the "methodology of my arithmetic". In this case, I only care for somthing I call: "counting".

Games shown at Sony/MS Media Briefings:

XBO (42 games)

Assassin’s Creed Unity (Ubisoft)
Below (Capybara Games)
Blues and Bullets (A Crowd of MOnsters)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Sledgehammer Games)
Cuphead (Studio MHDR)
Dungeon of the Endless (Amplitude Studios)
Evolve (Turtle Rock Studios)
Fable Legends (Lionhead Studios)
FIFA 15 (EA Sports)
Forza Horizon 2 (Playground Games)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10)*
Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 (Halfbrick)
Funk of Titans (A Crowd of Monsters)
Ghost of a Tale (SeithCG)
Goat Simulator (Coffee Stain Studios)
Gunscape (Blowfish Studios)
Halo 5: Guardians (343 Industries)
Halo: The Master Chief Collection (343 Industries)
#IDARB (Other Ocean)
Inside (Playdead)
Knight Squad (Chainawesome Games)
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Asteroid Base)
Massive Chalice (Doublefine)
No Time to Explain (tinyBuildGames)
Ori and the Blind Forst (Moon Studios)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamis)
Plague Inc: Evolved (Ndemic Creations)
Pneuma: Breath of Life (Deco Digital)
Project Spark (Team Dakota)
Rivals of Aether (Dan Fornace)
Quantum Break (Remedy Entertainment)
Screamride (Frontier)
SlashDash (Nevernaut games)
Smite (Hi-Rez Studios)
Space Engineers (Keen Software House)
Spectra (Gateway Interactive)
SpeedRunners (tinyBuildGames)
Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games)
Superhot (Superhot Team)
The Escapists (Team17)
Threes! (Sirvo)
Volgarr the Viking (Crazy Viking Studios)

PS4 (34 games)

Alienation
Bloodborne
Day Z
Destiny
Dreamfall Chapters
Driveclub
Ether One
Far Cry 4
Hellblade
Hollowpoint
Hustle Kings
In Space We Brawl
inFAMOUS First Light*
Journey
LittleBigPlanet 3
Metal Gear Solid 5
Murasaki Baby
Nom Nom Galaxy
Papers Please
Pix the Cat
PT
Q.U.B.E 2
Rime
Runemaster
Shadow of Mordor
Snow
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order 1886
The Tomorrow Children
The Unfinished Swan
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Until Dawn
Volume
WiLD

*DLC

*UPDATE*
Thanks to Widge, Bloodborne added.

def sim

So anyways I was really impressed with the quality of the GIF's playback.

Yeah, I hope to see more functionality out of its support. Having them available for inline messages or for use in the activity feed should be something they look into.

Ushiwaka

I don't know why GAF has become like this lately ;___; Why did everyone become such intolerable faboys? ;__;

BibiMaghoo

I don't get this thread why's everyone waving their fanboy flag high and going crazy lately?

Joker-Everybody-Loses-their-Minds.gif

You remember last gen? It's like that but in reverse. Well, not like that, exactly that. How fast people forget these things. It's great to lord it over others when you are in a better position, but it's outrageous when it works the other way around.

It's pretty hilarious to be honest. And next gen the people puffing chests will be crying again, thus is console warfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom