• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Trolls as They Demonstrate Gifs on XB1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradC00

It must be weird working in MS PR now when two things they relied on a lot last gen, better looking third party games and higher sales, now belong to Sony.

i mean, sony is doing the same thing MS did last gen, and MS is doing the same thing sony did last gen. it's just marketing and they traded playbooks.

omonimo

Banned
MS Briefing: 42
(35 of these titles are coming exclusive or exclusive first on Xbox One)

Sony Briefing: 35
(I did not count the exclusives here)
Can I have a real list about this? Put some numbers sometimes could be misleading.

le.phat

MS doesn't even have 1st party memes.

1363863597925139587.GIF

FranXico

5 minutes ago people wanted me to go back to school, now it doesnt matter anymore. Haha. To answer your question ... Because Sonys wording on some titles made it very difficult for me to decide if something indeed is exclusive or not (e.g. DayZ). That's why.

DayZ is absolutely not exclusive. Sony didn't say anything about getting it first, they just unveiled the console port. Heck, not even the game teased in P.T. is going to be exclusive.

Secondly, Sony's wording on timed or full exclusivity was very clear.

But yeah, I see where you want to take the conversation.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
While this may be true, at least MS's memes aren't just higher resolution versions of last year's meme!

I kid. I kid. ;)

I know you're kidding, but this confuses me. The only first party remaster on the PS4 that I know of is The Last of Us. Everything else is third party. And Microsoft has possibly the biggest remaster ever coming out this holiday, The Master Chief Collection. I just don't get this.

Silky

Banned
Fuck memes.

But I'm glad this thread is yet another list war instead of glorifying memes. Good work, GAF. Doing work.

I know you're kidding, but this confuses me. The only first party remaster on the PS4 that I know of is The Last of Us. Everything else is third party. And Microsoft has possibly the biggest remaster ever coming out this holiday, The Master Chief Collection. I just don't get this.

Well, yesterday, Sony announced Unfinished Swan and Journey for PS4, not to mention Flower has also already been ported. Taking into account the ign rumor about Beyond: Two Souls getting the same treatment, and Sony, themselves saying that the Uncharted trilogy is perfect for upres-ing, and it was an easy joke to make.

klodeckel

Banned
DayZ is absolutely not exclusive. Sony didn't say anything about getting it first, they just unveiled the console port. Heck, not even the game teased in P.T. is going to be exclusive.

Secondly, Sony's wording on timed or full exclusivity was very clear.

But yeah, I see where you want to take the conversation.

I don't want to take this conversation into any direction at all rofl. So far, I only responded to some guys who took things too serious. Why should I count exclusives now? That wasn't even my original statement. If you think everything is clear - just count them on your own.

Everything I said is that there were more games shown at the MS Briefing than at the Sony Briefing. That is basic maths. A very simple fact. That's all. Without any verdict.

Kusagari

Most of those games are on PS4 too. And I'm assuming you're ignoring PS4's indie games.

In terms of pure exclusives I find KI season 2, Forza, Sunset Overdrive and Halo far more appealing than Sony's offerings.

Most of the indies are on PC too, so that's where I'll get them.

Dragon

Banned
It's a better list for this fall than PS4 has.

The PS4 has consistently had way better and more diverse downloadable titles than the XB1. If we're talking about retail games I'd agree with you. But I think it's kinda crazy to ignore downloadables at this point.

That's what, their reaction to being outsold 2:1? Ok. Not a very good choice tbh.

Come on, that's not really fair.

FranXico

The PS4 has consistently had way better and more diverse downloadable titles than the XB1. If we're talking about retail games I'd agree with you. But I think it's kinda crazy to ignore downloadables at this point.

There's very good games on both platforms, we can agree all on that.

When you know about the games then that doesn't really classify as new. Someone argued Screamride as a new one. What else was there on show?

Well we know of these games(thanks to Gamescom) coming first to Xbox one, Not sure if any one of them is exclusive or not though. Blues and Bullets,Funk of Titans, Ghost of a Tale, Goat Simulator, Lovers in a Dangerous Time, No Time to Explain, Plague Inc: Evolve, Smite, SlashDash, Space Engineers, Spectra, Threes, Space Engineers, Superhot & The Escapists.

We never knew about these games so I still don't see the "No games/New games" argument. All I know is that these titles were never mentioned or shown at the PS4 conference and that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom