• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Backers are starting to receive the physical edition and oh boy...

gweemz

Missing the point. The OP and the twitter user both seem to think it's strange that there is no physical game...

I will admit when I pledged $60 I thought I was getting a physical game, but they would have known this tier was digital only when the game came out last year and we got a code for the digital version of the game.

El-Suave

If you're shipping an empty SNES box folded is probably not the worst way to go. At least that way it doesn't get damaged. Shipping it empty is pointless in the first place, but that's in the item descrption. The manual not fitting is the bigger crime here, that's really lackluster

BY2K

Membero Americo
So apparently the manual fits in the English version of the box.

It doesn't fit only for the Japanese version.

wwm0nkey

So apparently the manual fits in the English version of the box.

It doesn't fit only for the Japanese version.

I got the Japanese version of the box because I like those more :c

Also the manual is in Japanese too, don't know why they didn't resize it

LiK

Holy shit. lol

How long ago was this from?

2001. I looked it up and she basically got an undisclosed settlement. Her lawyer said she could go to a Toyota dealership and pick any car she wanted with the money she won. So it ended on a good note for her.

Seems like a clickbait thread, no?

Either that or OP didn't realize what the KS reward was.

The only ridiculous thing is how long it took them to send it out, and the manual not fitting.

That's kinda what I was thinking. It's dumb that the manual doesn't fit, but there's no way all of these people thought "physical game box" meant an actual copy of the game, despite the absurd price.

Fbh

Ok I can see it being an empty box. Seems to be common on Kickstarter and it's also what the reward tier described .

But the thing arriving a year later and, more importantly, the manual being too big for the box ....on a $60 tier...is both sad and funny.

Wereroku

Ok I can see it being an empty box. Seems to be common on Kickstarter and it's also what the reward tier described .

But the thing arriving a year later and, more importantly, the manual being too big for the box ....on a $60 tier...is both sad and funny.

Apparently only the Famicom style box and manual don't fit. I bet the famicom manual and nes manual are the same size when it should have been shrunk.

Z3M0G

Was it expected there would be no disk? If so, I'm ok with everything other than the manual not fitting in the box...

Was it expected there would be no disk? If so, I'm ok with everything other than the manual not fitting in the box...

there's two box, an english and japanese box! On top of that, for thoses who selected physical disc (it was an addition, you could choose that or the USB drives with the game in it), a disc case is supposed to come with it

Berordn

but with MN9 people's expectation were high given the legacy they were pitching

After a few years your expectations kinda hit the gutter. I think most people who opted for physical rewards actually did start to expect nothing, to say nothing of the 3DS/Vita backers.

If you go on ebay and buy a game box, that's how it will arrive. It's the easiest way to safely ship them.

Now, the manual not even fitting in the box... LOL. Why the fuck?

How many Toyotas could she buy if she sold that box, mint, today?

To Google!
Apparently this happened back in 2001, so probably not even a tire. On the other hand it seems there was a settlement, so she probably got more than the Yoda, perhaps even a car indeed.

Leatherface

Made me think of:

toy-yoda-toyota-20080609-105623.jpg

cold blooded lol

The gift that just keeps on giving.

This is such huge bummer. There was so much hope for this game. Probably the first time I ever use kickstarter.

It was supposed to be the giant middle against Capcom.

How did it fail so miserably...

The irony here is that they have fucked up more than what Capcom has done in recent time. (Not to say that Capcom isn't any better)

Whompa02

The only thing that's dumb about this is the manual not fitting inside the box.

Oh and that people spent 60 dollars on this shit.

shiyrley

Banned
Would you guys rather have the box assembled and all crumpled by the mail?
?
Is sending assembled boxes a new concept now? Haven't you ever ordered a physical game online? Why is it suddenly hard now?

And why would anyone defend anything related to this game?

?
Is sending assembled boxes a new concept now? Haven't you ever ordered a physical game online? Why is it suddenly hard now?

And why would anyone defend anything related to this game?

If you order a physical game, there's probably something in it. Then it doesn't get smashed. This is being sent like that to keep it from getting smashed since there is nothing in it.

I mean, I got what the KS committed to. I'm just conflicted as to whether to put the thing together.

It'll just be a reminder of something I'm not happy about, so why do that to myself? Lesson learned, the game wasn't really any good, the delays were awful. And they only fooled me once, so it's still shame on them.

Glad it's done, now I don't have the oddball back of the head "when the fuck" anymore. Like getting a game back from a shitty ex-roommate or something.

georly

Still don't get why anyone is mad about it not having a physical game.

There was never ever ever ever ever a reward tier for a physical copy of the game.

Like, read the paragraph below. They're not hiding the fact that there is no game because it was always promised to be a digital game. It wasn't until deep silver decided to publish that physical games became a thing, loooooooong after the kickstarter had ended. They never misled anyone, you just foolishly pledged without reading.

DFoMwy-XoAARQ9c.jpg

That's on you for not reading what you were paying 60 bucks for. I knew exactly what I was paying for when i pledged that tier.

Astral Dog

Agreed a good recent nice lookin 2.5D example would be Samus Returns and that's on a freakin 3DS. I backed Bloodstained but i am slightly worried still, demo i played last year looked fine enough graphics wise tho still not amazing but fine enough.
Samus Returns looks very ugly but its smooth, at least say Kirby or Castlevania 3D

khaaan

I was clear on the fact that it was just a box when I pledged, I don't think there was anything that implied there was going to be more to it. A flattened hunk of cardboard is a little surprising but I think that the reactions people would have had when they got their squished game box would have been even worse. The only weird thing about this is that the manual doesn't fit in the box.

Slime

Banned

There was never ever ever ever ever a reward tier for a physical copy of the game.

Like, read the paragraph below. They're not hiding the fact that there is no game because it was always promised to be a digital game. It wasn't until deep silver decided to publish that physical games became a thing, loooooooong after the kickstarter had ended. They never misled anyone, you just foolishly pledged without reading.

DFoMwy-XoAARQ9c.jpg

That's on you for not reading what you were paying 60 bucks for. I knew exactly what I was paying for when i pledged that tier.

In fact, at the time, this empty box was pretty much the closest thing there was to a physical version of the game.

DFoMwy-XoAARQ9c.jpg

Thank you.

jacobeid

Banned
Hmmm

Hyper Light Drifter did the same thing with the Physical box thing. For the same price.

Tho I bet the box was already assembled.

And the manual actually fit in the box.

And it didn't take a full fucking year before backers got it.

It didn't take a year but it was close to it. My order was fulfilled around the 9-month mark.

I canceled my order for the vinyl after they kept delaying it without communication. Fuck Iam8bit.

It did seem really clear to me at the time that they were shipping an empty box and manual. I can't hate on them for that.

Now making a manual that won't even fit into the matching region's box? That's embarrassing.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Did anything else besides the box get shipped? I got a physical PC disc, so I actually got something that can fit in it! Also the artbook...

Aretak

DFoMwy-XoAARQ9c.jpg

Of course, whilst that image does confirm that a physical copy of the game was never promised, it STILL contains an outright lie. Namely that the manual would be shipped to you inside the box, when in reality it was not only sent seperately with a flat-packed box, but isn't even capable of fitting inside the box once assembled.

Top Bottom