• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos to self-publish his book Dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://ew.com/books/2017/06/06/milo-yiannopoulos-self-publish-dangerous/
Months after the alt-right provocateur lost his book deal with Simon & Schuster due to controversial comments about pedophilia, Yiannopoulos is going ahead with plans to self-publish that book, Dangerous. After reappearing on Amazon Tuesday, Dangerous shot to the top of the website’s “humor” category. Pre-orders made it one of the day’s bestselling books.

Its new description even incorporates the past controversy and plays up its bad boy bona fides: “The liberal media machine did everything they could to keep this book out of your hands. Now, finally, Dangerous, the most controversial book of the decade, is tearing down safe spaces everywhere.”
That left self-publishing as a route for Yiannopoulos. One publishing industry veteran told EW in February, “I think in the climate today which allows for self-publishing to be done very easily, and with the hoopla around this book that might frighten a traditional publisher, I think if he wants it out, he’ll have to do it himself. He’s a marketing machine, albeit a negative publicity machine. But the question is: Will booksellers carry it?”

That question remains. Though Dangerous appears to be doing well on Amazon, Publishers Weekly noted, “It is unclear if Yiannopoulus has found a distributor to get the print edition of the book into brick and mortar retailers.”
A few days old but I couldn't find a thread about it in the search. Still, close if old.

Aurongel

Its new description even incorporates the past controversy and plays up its bad boy bona fides: “The liberal media machine did everything they could to keep this book out of your hands. Now, finally, Dangerous, the most controversial book of the decade, is tearing down safe spaces everywhere.”
Is he calling himself liberal here?

Last I checked the only thing that torpedoed his career was his idiot mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom