• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos’s ‘Dangerous’ book sells 152 copies in the UK

Eat shit Milo I hope your book shipments get stolen by Somali pirates (or any other such rogue agents of the sea) and used as toilet paper

Yazzees

I don't think his dwindling followers even have the patience or intelligence to read.

They don't, but they will listen to uneducated blowhards jerk each other off on the same talking points for 7 straight hours on google hangout streams.

Trying to sell books to these stormweenie teenagers was an idiotic idea. If he was remotely intelligent he would've realized he's just conservative talk radio for the new generation. These people don't read. They don't even transcribe their shit. They want videos, period. They need the glow of a screen to keep their attention and to let them turn their brain off even further.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
He was on anthony from O&A fame and I believe said he expected it to be one of the bet selling books in history, hes also suing his former publisher for not publishing it.

I did find it interesting he got no real media appointments

I doubt he will go away

They don't, but they will listen to uneducated blowhards jerk each other off on the same talking points for 7 straight hours on google hangout streams.

Trying to sell books to these stormweenie teenagers was an idiotic idea. If he was remotely intelligent he would've realized he's just conservative talk radio for the new generation. These people don't read. They don't even transcribe their shit.
Their fucking strain of intellectualism is Sargon of a Akkad spouting slogans to from books he's never read

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Glorious schadenfreude. Eat those tiny sales asshole.

yfw you can barely sell a book to 20% of the subscriber count of the gamergate subreddit that idolizes you

It does lend credence the theory that these guys are unemployed.
They accuse liberals of being paid by Soros, when in reality they would LOVE to be paid by a shadowy billionaire.

Trying to sell books to these stormweenie teenagers was an idiotic idea. If he was remotely intelligent he would've realized he's just conservative talk radio for the new generation. These people don't read. They don't even transcribe their shit. They want videos, period. They need the glow of a screen to keep their attention and to let them turn their brain off even further.

I don't get how anyone can tolerate Sargon. Even if I was someone that agreed with his views, sitting there for several hours listening to him ramble sounds like the most boring fucking thing

He was on anthony from O&A fame and I believe said he expected it to be one of the bet selling books in history, hes also suing his former publisher for not publishing it.

I did find it interesting he got no real media appointments

I doubt he will go away
Is this the same Anthony that went on a huge racist rant that destroyed his show after a black woman walked near him on the street? Good company I guess

Astral Dog

You are right, a book was the wrong medium to grab those idiots. They 'should have put some thought into that

Get fucked.

18,000 in the US is disgusting, though.

I mean, any more than 0 is still too many for this fuck, but even 18k is only around 5 one-thousandths of one percent of the US, so it's still pretty bad. I feel like anyone with a recognizable name, regardless of reasons, should be able to top that. Wouldn't be surprised if they inflated the numbers by buying copies too.

If you guys do want some solace in the face of Milos relative popularity, he clearly fucking hates his Base, all the MAGA chuds clearly repulse him but he is destined to stay with them forever and ever because those are the only people who listen to him

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is this the same Anthony that went on a huge racist rant that destroyed his show after a black woman walked near him on the street? Good company I guess

Yeah those were the only shows that would take him on, he even had trouble getting on shows hes been on before like Rogan to promote it.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Honestly don't know if 18k is ok or terrible but I'm wishing him all the worst. Fuck off forever Milo.
He greatly exaggerated how many he sold, which should tell you whether 18k is good.

Yazzees

Out of probably 100ish people I've spoken to who supported gamergate there were maybe 6 of them who attended a 4-year university so really WHO IS SURPRISED that these people don't like reading anything over 140 characters

Mr Cola

Its such an odd thing to release a book to his audience that skews so unbelievably young and has likely never read a book recreationally, thats not even meant as an insult just to say everything the kids do is digital, just seems so weird.

Sargon of High School Dropout

Sargon of I'm-a-software-"dev"-who-doesn't-know-what-an-IDE-is
That motherfucker ruined a perfectly interesting historical figure and if I want to learn about the real one I have to scroll down on Google to get past this dumb fuck, fuck him

Sargon of my ideology is inherently self contradictory and incoherent because I'm a dumbfuck turd

Their fucking strain of intellectualism is Sargon of a Akkad spouting slogans to from books he's never read

DEgFfhlWAAAXXkq.jpg

Yup

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I bet 17,743 of those copies were bought by Palmer Luckey.

EDIT: or should I say one of his shell companies named Sepiroth Holdings

Yazzees

That motherfucker ruined a perfectly interesting historical figure and if I want to learn about the real one I have to scroll down on Google to get past this dumb fuck, fuck him

Sargon of my ideology is inherently self contradictory and incoherent because I'm a dumbfuck turd

I love how youtube turns my entire recommended into basically his channel feed if I'm ever linked one of his videos. Wait I don't love that at all.

I love how youtube turns my entire recommended into basically his channel feed if I'm ever linked one of his videos. Wait I don't love that at all.
Oh yeah that shit is so annoying like I got linked to a video where Sargon tried to explain how he did not harbour an unhealthy obsession with Anita sarkeesian (amazing on its own) and suddenly I get all these "rational thinkers" on my recs whose whole thesis is "women are crazy amirite??"

III-V

'Dangerous' to underage boys.

At first I read 152k and I was thinking, how?

Then I saw there was no k. And life was good for a brief moment.

Yazzees

Oh yeah that shit is so annoying like I got linked to a video where Sargon tried to explain how he did not harbour an unhealthy obsession with Anita sarkeesian (amazing on its own) and suddenly I get all these "rational thinkers" on my recs whose whole thesis is "women are crazy amirite??"

What's amazing to me is that these people were clearly born out of the whole butt-atheist (that's the term I use and I'm sticking to it) movement from a few years back. You'd think people who supposedly defer to science and experts would be a little less eager to throw all their eggs into a Sargon of Blank Resume basket.

Top Bottom