• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos’s ‘Dangerous’ book sells 152 copies in the UK

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Good that his sales are bad, but...
He will be fine, he got himself the best sugar daddies you could hope for.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephberns...e-trump-donors
Oh so that's his fucking billionaire donor. Thought he'd end up being Palmer Luckey, but that's even worse.

Ugh, fuck the Mercers so bad.

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/cultu...152-copies-uk/
one of the guests of honour was Martin Shkreli, the pharmaceuticals executive who racked up the price of crucial medication used by people with HIV.
Haha. But of course. Comic book villains banding together merrily.

Fuck me, life has really turned into a cartoon...

gfxtwin

But...

"Lashing out and being angered" is what led to this outcome.

He lost the more extreme alt righters when his fabulousness and jewishness got more exposure (alt right nazis will tell you they are fine with homosexuality, which is their way of saying gay men are cool as long as they think exactly like them, accept that they are deviants for liking the same sex and realize they aren't worth having any basic rights and/or meaningful social status) and most everyone else jumped ship after hearing his comments regarding men+boy relationships. Hatred for pedophiles and/or ephebophiles is a powerful thing that knows no political barriers. His own problematic views on relationships between kids and adults (OR his shitty taste in jokes(?), difficult to tell when he is being honest, if at all) is what did him in more than 95% of the outrageous stuff he says.

cameron

This forum is huge, so there's probably a few Milo cheerleaders here. Log into your burner accounts and tell us how you feel.

It's always funny seeing these dudes shit out books. Milo's entire money grabbing schtick is conspicuous and shameless. Dude should try selling dietary supplements.

There are now more posts in this thread than copies sold lol

topkek

I'm kinda tempted to read it, just to see what batshit crazy nonsense is in there.

I just have to find one of those 152 buyers so I can borrow their copy.

RulkezX

That's not how sales works.

He self published the book. The hardcover on Amazon has a 3-5 week delivery time.

I'm pretty sure he's went the print on demand route a lot of self published authors do. He's using the fact brick and mortar haven't ordered enough (any ?) Books to get another run printed as an excuse

Side note - 18000 copies in the US is actually pretty midlist sadly , people greatly overestimate book sales. You only need about 5000 hardcover sales per week to get on the NYT bestseller list ( though I don't think they track self published PoD stiff like this)

Mask

I'd tell you to put some money on that but the odds would be so high your return would be shit :p

I'd probably end up paying the bookie in the end :p

I'm half-tempted to send a message to Amazon themselves and ask if they really want someone who supports pedophilia to be allowed to self-publish on their platform, but I doubt they'd care tbh.

Auctopus

Unfortunately, I'd wager this is because most people don't know who he is. There are plenty of scumbags who would agree with his ideology here.

tomtom94

He's a complete nobody over here. He turned up on Channel 4 a couple of times and was going to try and bring his university tour at one point, but I haven't heard a wink since the paedo stuff. Conservatism in the UK skews much older, nobody gives a fuck here about Milo's crusade against random Tumblr bloggers.

As someone else said, yeah, turns out denying people a platform to spew their bullshit does actually work as a deterrent.

Vuze

He's a complete nobody over here. He turned up on Channel 4 a couple of times and was going to try and bring his university tour at one point, but I haven't heard a wink since the paedo stuff. Conservatism in the UK skews much older, nobody gives a fuck here about Milo's crusade against random Tumblr bloggers.

As someone else said, yeah, turns out denying people a platform to spew their bullshit does actually work as a deterrent.
Yeah, first time I heard about this guy was in a recent SPIEGEL (Germany) article. It certainly was a curious read.

Acorn

The greatest thing is that his own actions caused his downfall, it's hilarious. He lost his little fan club all through his own actions, decent society trying to stop him only grew his fanbase.

He's gotta have that rolling around inside his head for the rest of his life, sweet sweet justice.

e8a.gif

The greatest thing is that his own actions caused his downfall, it's hilarious. He lost his little fan club all through his own actions, decent society trying to stop him only grew his fanbase.

He's gotta have that rolling around inside his head for the rest of his life, sweet sweet justice.
I only have a vague idea who this guy is (I live in the U.K. and we clearly have no clue) but what did he do to piss off his fanbase?

Just wait until they dump all that extra stock for pulping.

True, true.

I wouldn't say he's a complete nobody, he had a following from people who enjoyed his 'debates' on Sunday morning television.

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyl...nald-trumps-altright-poster-boy-a3404921.html

tomtom94

I wouldn't say he's a complete nobody, he had a following from people who enjoyed his 'debates' on Sunday morning television.

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyl...nald-trumps-altright-poster-boy-a3404921.html

Oh, for sure, but that was a short while ago, this is now, post-the paedo stuff, and he's been eclipsed by Hopkins - who writes for the Daily Mail, Breitbart UK having largely disappeared into irrelevance, along with the rest of UKIP, post-Brexit vote.

Oh, for sure, but that was a short while ago, this is now, post-the paedo stuff, and he's been eclipsed by Hopkins - who writes for the Daily Mail, Breitbart UK having largely disappeared into irrelevance, along with the rest of UKIP, post-Brexit vote.

She looks just like him these days, I'm not sure what the hell is going on there...but you're right, especially about Breitbart. They've just fallen off the face of the earth in recent months.

Acorn

She looks just like him these days, I'm not sure what the hell is going on there...but you're right, especially about Breitbart. They've just fallen off the face of the earth in recent months.
I do. May went hard on brexit so the reliable UKIP base abandoned niche parties and media, the rest of the people that voted brexit probably never gave a shit about alt right stuff.

I do. May went hard on brexit so the reliable UKIP base abandoned niche parties and media, the rest of the people that voted brexit probably never gave a shit about alt right stuff.

So a bunch of useful idiots who deluded themselves they were gaining traction when, in fact, they were being used by others to further a political goal and once it was achieved, they were discarded like a used condom...

Mask

What's the point of this thread? So much hate...

Dude is a transphobic piece of shit that supports pedophilia and outright said that young boys being groomed would "help them out". His book doing bad is schadenfreude of the highest degree, we're merely celebrating a shitty person getting served some good old L.

d3vnull

Dude is a transphobic piece of shit that supports pedophilia and outright said that young boys being groomed would "help them out". His book doing bad is schadenfreude of the highest degree, we're merely celebrating a shitty person getting served some good old L.

I know who he is...
But should't the people who oppose him be better than this?

Mask

I know who he is...
But should't the people who oppose him be better than this?

I mean, he literally advocated pedophilia and child abuse, singled out trans students and opened them up to abuse from crowds and spouted transphobic shit at every opportunity.. I'm probably missing a whole lot more too, but us calling him a piece of shit is peanuts compared to that stuff.

And I mean, we are being better than this, we're calling out a disgusting individual with, admittedly colourful language, but still opposing him. Opposition doesn't need to be nice and civil.

Top Bottom