• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft: Better Together |OT| Won't Somebody Please Think of the Children?

Sure, I'm just wondering if that was only for people who purchased before the release of the Better Together update.

Well there's nothing specifically mentioning that, nor have previous upgrade offers required a purchase before a certain period, so I'm going to say no.

Long as you can get a copy now, you can get the free upgrade.

m29a

Neo Member
I understand why Sony doesn't want to be a part of this, but I highly doubt it'd really hurt their bottom line if they let this happen. Do your customers a solid and let them play with their friends/family who aren't on the same platform.

Ties in with EA Access too. They refuse to let their customers make their own judgement on value. It's unfortunate.

I understand why Sony doesn't want to be a part of this, but I highly doubt it'd really hurt their bottom line if they let this happen. Do your customers a solid and let them play with their friends/family who aren't on the same platform.

Ties in with EA Access too. They refuse to let their customers make their own judgement on value. It's unfortunate.

What's even sadder is that there's fans defending this. "Please Sony, give us inferior versions of games and spare us from great value like EA Access, it all is irrelevant anyway as we have the finest exclusives". How on Earth are people enjoying a lack of options and features baffles me, but guess that's the Internet.

Back to the thread: if I have some time tonight I'll join from Xbox and make some NeoGAF related content to make the Realm stand out more for what it is. I'll see what I can do.

Burny

What's even sadder is that there's fans defending this. "Please Sony, give us inferior versions of games and spare us from great value like EA Access, it all is irrelevant anyway as we have the finest exclusives". How on Earth are people enjoying a lack of options and features baffles me, but guess that's the Internet.

News at 11:00: Emotional attachment has little to do with sense or logical reasoning. People so attached tend to rather embark on the wildest mental gymnastics to defend or justify something, than get over their attachment and do a level headed evaluation.

Realm created!

Quote this message for the Realms address.

Can I get an invite for this on Xbox One? I can't figure out how to make the link for on the console, not even the web browser on the console works. I sent you a message on Xbox Live a few minutes ago, that's my gamertag.

Unless I am missing something super obvious, can I create a world on Android and then continue playing that world on Win10 if I am logged in the same Xbox account on both platforms? Considering cross-platform multiplayer is an option, I would be surprised if I couldn't.

Unai

Unless I am missing something super obvious, can I create a world on Android and then continue playing that world on Win10 if I am logged in the same Xbox account on both platforms? Considering cross-platform multiplayer is an option, I would be surprised if I couldn't.

I think that's just possible with realms? I'm interested in knowing this too.

GulAtiCa

I think that's just possible with realms? I'm interested in knowing this too.

Yeah, with Realms is certainly is. For example, I'm in the GAF Realm now. I literally just switched from using my PC to using Xbox One. Since they are both the same login info, I can switch easily. Got it connected on my phone too

Fuchsdh

For some reason Minecraft is telling me that my XBOX Live settings don't allow me to add friends or accept invites to realms. I checked all my settings and they are fine. What am I doing wrong here?

Checked your XBL settings or just what's in the Minecraft app?

Kintaco

How can I continue my world that I started on Xbox One on the PC? It only shows my PC worlds. I'm logged in to my Xbox Live account. Is this possible? I thought it was.

I played on Xbox earlier today and then loaded up my realm on my phone at work tonight. My kids have been joining in and out from their tablets too, I don't have to be online.

If it is a regular world they can join in your game while you are playing, I joined my sons world from Xbox while he was on tablet yesterday.

I haven't had any of my worlds from Xbox show up on my phone, though I think if I designated it to be my Realm it would be playable from either.

Crispy75

How can I continue my world that I started on Xbox One on the PC? It only shows my PC worlds. I'm logged in to my Xbox Live account. Is this possible? I thought it was.
You can play on your Xbox world*when your Xbox is running it*

For a persistent online world, you need to pay for a realm

HowZatOZ

Banned
Alright so I'm trying to get my nephew's disc version upgraded and it is just not working. He's played 2 days + in total so he covers the 5 hour minimum, how do we actually get it updated to the free digital version? I've gotten him to look in the store, see if the disc version gets an update, power cycled and even done a complete hard reset by pulling out power.

Any time he sees the option to "download" the update it just says he needs to buy it for $30 (AUD). No way of getting the free version at all. Gosh I wish you could remote desktop in...

Alright so I'm trying to get my nephew's disc version upgraded and it is just not working. He's played 2 days + in total so he covers the 5 hour minimum, how do we actually get it updated to the free digital version? I've gotten him to look in the store, see if the disc version gets an update, power cycled and even done a complete hard reset by pulling out power.

Any time he sees the option to "download" the update it just says he needs to buy it for $30 (AUD). No way of getting the free version at all. Gosh I wish you could remote desktop in...
It’s not given as a true “update” on Xbox One. It’s an entirely separate game, technically, and thus ownership has to be granted to the account. The process is automatic, but can take a while, particularly for disc users. You can try contacting Xbox support to see if they can speed things along, but you might have to keep waiting a bit longer.

Lazaro

Maybe it's in the "Ready to Install" section of the "My games and apps"? Apart from playing for 5hours purchasing DLC can also permit a free upgrade but you shouldn't need to do that. Also, the FAQ mentions it may take a couple of days before you actually receive the free upgrade.

This is from the FAQ on Minecraft.net: https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/better-together-faq

MINECRAFT - Better Together FAQ said:
Q: What’s the Better Together Update redemption process for disc owners?
A: You’ll need to log into Xbox Live (no need for gold) and insert the disc. You can either wait for the prompt once the game starts or go to the Xbox Store, where you’ll will find the new version of the game. If you’ve either played five hours in the last 12 months, or have bought DLC at any time, the new game should show up as free to download. If not, you can fulfill either of the conditions above before January 30th 2018 and then come back to the store to download. Please be prepared for a short wait, though - as it may take us a few days to process all the redemption requests.

Q: How do I know which version of Minecraft is which?
A: The old version of Minecraft is called Minecraft: Xbox One Edition. The new version is just called Minecraft. You will see the name of the game on the splash-screen when you launch it.

Ranger X

Man, im so confused, i started a new world but there are no indications...what im i supposed to do? lol i feel so stupid

Minecraft is about poking around and discover stuff. I know this sense is 99,9% dead in the modern gamer mind but its never to late to learn to love it! :p

rikucrafter

Neo Member
I've got a realm going that I made for my girlfriend and I. Xbox and Android; it was awesome - and adding 7 other friends has just made it such an incredible experience! It's so great to be able to say "come see this" and have 8 people across 4 different platforms (Win10, iOS, Android and Xbox in our group, can't wait for switch) able to join in. What an idea!!!

HowZatOZ

Banned
It’s not given as a true “update” on Xbox One. It’s an entirely separate game, technically, and thus ownership has to be granted to the account. The process is automatic, but can take a while, particularly for disc users. You can try contacting Xbox support to see if they can speed things along, but you might have to keep waiting a bit longer.
Yeah I did note in the FAQ that it has to be granted, I haven't been able to talk to him since posting the previous post whether his received it yet but hopefully he has by now.

Dorygrant

Yeah I did note in the FAQ that it has to be granted, I haven't been able to talk to him since posting the previous post whether his received it yet but hopefully he has by now.

Funny enough I came to check this thread to see if others were experiencing a huge delay via disc version. Its been about 4 days for me and still nothing in my ready to install nor storepage 😞. Ive played for 5 hours to do the requirement.

Craft

Funny enough I came to check this thread to see if others were experiencing a huge delay via disc version. Its been about 4 days for me and still nothing in my ready to install nor storepage ��. Ive played for 5 hours to do the requirement.

I'm the same, I've played 5 hours and even bought some DLC and still got nothing. I guessing as I only played the 5 hours a couple of weeks ago I'm at the back of a very large queue...

The Realm functionality is really cool but the limited draw distance is extremely disappointing (Xbox One). Any idea if this will be improved or is this the limitation of dedicated servers?

GulAtiCa

Decided to take a few screenshots of our GAF Realm, feel free to join!

The main town is coming together rather nicely. Fuchsdh has done a really nice job! Sciz has been mapping around the entire area. My base is so far away that I'm not even on the map you see (just a little south east of that map). I built the rail system. Connects to the Village, which only has 1 farmer, rest died. lol. And then goes on to my home. The 1st part of it is on a raised Monorail now. Planning on working on the 2nd part tonight.

DKz16c3VAAIgKGZ.jpg:large
DKz17ZcUIAAzBK7.jpg:large
DKz18N-V4AEoKfp.jpg:large
DKz19DLVoAMAcG2.jpg:large

Unai

I've played a bit on the GAF Realm yesterday and it was pretty fun, but I need armor asap because things are getting really high level even near town haha. I've never played much of Minecraft before.

Fuchsdh

I've played a bit on the GAF Realm yesterday and it was pretty fun, but I need armor asap because things are getting really high even level near town haha. I've never played much of Minecraft before.

There should be armor either in the chest in the welcome house, or in a chest in public storage.

We've cut down on quite a bit of the mob numbers but they're still spawning in and around spawn so you've got to be on your guard :) Trying to finish up some buildings so they can't spawn on the ramparts.

-Minsc-

The main town is coming together rather nicely. Fuchsdh has done a really nice job! Sciz has been mapping around the entire area. My base is so far away that I'm not even on the map you see (just a little south east of that map). I built the rail system. Connects to the Village, which only has 1 farmer, rest died. lol. And then goes on to my home. The 1st part of it is on a raised Monorail now. Planning on working on the 2nd part tonight.

The dawn of a new era. A part of me misses being there for the beginnings of a new town.

How long is it supposed to take to be able to get the update for a disc version on Xbox One? I've played for much more than 5hrs but it's still asking me to pay for the new one in the store a week later.

It's fine if they're still just working through giving access or whatever, just wanted to know if that was 'normal'.

Sarcasm

How long is it supposed to take to be able to get the update for a disc version on Xbox One? I've played for much more than 5hrs but it's still asking me to pay for the new one in the store a week later.

It's fine if they're still just working through giving access or whatever, just wanted to know if that was 'normal'.

I would just idle for another five hours and see if that helps it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
The dawn of a new era. A part of me misses being there for the beginnings of a new town.

The realm is fun so far. I haven't even started building a base for myself yet, I keep logging in and checking out other people's stuff, LOL.

TDonk

The Realm functionality is really cool but the limited draw distance is extremely disappointing (Xbox One). Any idea if this will be improved or is this the limitation of dedicated servers?

It's gone from 18 chunks to 22 I think.

Xbox one X 4K update takes it to 32 chunks I believe.

TDonk

There should be armor either in the chest in the welcome house, or in a chest in public storage.

We've cut down on quite a bit of the mob numbers but they're still spawning in and around spawn so you've got to be on your guard :) Trying to finish up some buildings so they can't spawn on the ramparts.

Would love an invite just to have a look around now and then. Planning on my own realm with friends soon too!

GT: TurboDonkey007

Originally Posted by GulAtiCa

Is this the same realm?

Invite please if not!

dafortune

Checked out the gaf realm but the only way I can play is on the pocket edition so it makes it pretty difficult to do anything. Anyone know if theres a jungle biome near spawn?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Must admit I like the Switch version the best of all the ones we own, but it's hard to want to play without the update. :(

Fuchsdh

Checked out the gaf realm but the only way I can play is on the pocket edition so it makes it pretty difficult to do anything. Anyone know if theres a jungle biome near spawn?

Not near spawn. As far as I know everything that's been explored is on the spawn town map.

I'm on the lookout for one while I'm exploring though. Spawn needs some anti-creeper cats, badly.

Would love an invite just to have a look around now and then. Planning on my own realm with friends soon too!

GT: TurboDonkey007

Is this the same realm?

Invite please if not!

Shot you an invite.

ChuyMasta

Damn it I cant find the Switch OT

I build a pyramid for my beacon....I read on reddit it could be hollow.

My pyramid has four layers but it doesnt work.
So I'm thinking the reddit post is just BS right?

Top Bottom