• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, Neocraft now has group colors back in chat again, and Visitors are once again restricted to sightseeing only (PM Ark to get promoted to Peasant!). Also the /motd, /rules, and /help menus are all back. I have yet to get Announcer working, and the death messages are not working right either, but I have a good idea how to fix them both. Another day though, another day...

Okay, Neocraft now has group colors back in chat again, and Visitors are once again restricted to sightseeing only (PM Ark to get promoted to Peasant!). Also the /motd, /rules, and /help menus are all back. I have yet to get Announcer working, and the death messages are not working right either, but I have a good idea how to fix them both. Another day though, another day...

Sweet, thanks.

Morokh

Well the "Otamin hole" is no more, it has been landscaped and coated over so we can all pretend it no longer exists.

That screams "Catacombs" :D

On my side, in Neolulu, my 'Cave of wonders' is going slowly but surely.

I'm actually building many things in the cave i had to dig to the Skeleton XP Farm, as of now I have made an automatic Melon and Pumpkin farm, and since I was short of slime balls to make sticky pistons, I dug out around the place I spotted slimes to dig out a slime chunk.

It's now dug-out and working (follow the signs), i'll have to make it automatic with a collection area in the cave.

I'll get started on a Wheat farm tonight, and once all that is done i'll polish the look of all the cave making it feel more Jungle-ish and redo the entrance.

It's nothing huge but should provide enough of those materials for people who want to build things in the area.

Ark

I really can't thank you and CC enough for your contributions in their entirety. These guys deserve diamonds!

Hopefully in a month or two I'll be able to play frequently again, until then though, I doubt I'll be on at all as usual.

I see your using Sphax too CharmingCharlie. I love that texture pack.

Quite a few people use it on the server last time I asked around (myself included).

When building the Domes me and Charlie would worry that something that looked good with the texture pack would look dumb with different textures.

legacyzero

Banned
Quite a few people use it on the server last time I asked around (myself included).

When building the Domes me and Charlie would worry that something that looked good with the texture pack would look dumb with different textures.

Still looks good!

I'm still running default, mainly because I'm having a hard time finding a texture pack with as much charm as the default is. I think I'll try that one though.

Mengy

Still looks good!

I'm still running default, mainly because I'm having a hard time finding a texture pack with as much charm as the default is. I think I'll try that one though.

I like the Sphax texture pack, but still prefer the default look. Except for the default glass. I really wish they would update the glass to be better and less obtrusive. I used to make my own custom texture packs where I only replaced the glass, I need to do that again.

I like the Sphax texture pack, but still prefer the default look. Except for the default glass. I really wish they would update the glass to be better and less obtrusive. I used to make my own custom texture packs where I only replaced the glass, I need to do that again.

That is really my only problem with the default texture too. If you do start changing the glass again I'd love to see it and possibly get it.

I see your using Sphax too CharmingCharlie. I love that texture pack.

Yeah good ole Sphax, not 100% happy with it (would prefer something a bit more modern) however I find it is one of the only 128 x 128 texture packs that keeps getting updated. I just cannot stand the default minecraft textures.

I really can't thank you and CC enough for your contributions in their entirety. These guys deserve diamonds!

Ah it is Mengy that deserves all the praise, I just sat there looking pretty and crashing the server.

I've never once used a texture pack that had texture sizes larger than default, honestly. I'm kind of afraid that whatever mod I'd use to enable the large textures will be obsolete the instant MC updates...

It'd be nice if they implemented something like that standard.

Tarin02543

Hello

I would like to promote myself to peasant on the neogaf mc server. I've already PM'd Ark but no reply yet so far. Perhaps someone else would be kind enough to help me out?

thanks!
3AQmK.gif

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Let us know how well it works.

I might. Was about too and then the comp acted wierd*... Will try later.. maybe not, I get a good amount of FPS.

*It looked like HP/Windows wanted to update and it just couldn't.
---
EDIT: Tried optifine and from the options.. It would work better in SP and good in MP

After a considerable amount of self-enforced slave labour, I have at last finished my almighty sphinx:

2012-04-12_01.19.27yqjvc.png

2012-04-12_01.12.23ypree.png

As a bonus, I've made it breathe fire and it looks pretty menacing at night.

2012-04-12_01.07.43f4rs9.png

But now the real work begins: I must complete the ultimate pyramid for which the sphinx is supposed to be guarding.

2012-04-12_01.17.34izohi.png

After a considerable amount of self-enforced slave labour, I have at last finished my almighty sphinx:

But now the real work begins: I must complete the ultimate pyramid for which the sphinx is supposed to be guarding.

That looks amazing, and it's another cool sight to see along the rail. :)

That is amazing. Love the Sphinx and can't wait to see the pyramid. I used to have a pyramid project, back in maybe 1.2ish. Hahaha. It was in my classic world and my plan was to build it to sky height out of netherrack, then light the whole thing on fire. I got bored, though, and stopped after a fair amount of work. Plus, now that the sky height is double, I'd want to double it.

Tarin02543

Hello

I would like to promote myself to peasant on the neogaf mc server. I've already PM'd Ark but no reply yet so far. Perhaps someone else would be kind enough to help me out?

thanks!
3AQmK.gif

Hello,

Is anyone able to help me out? My MC name is rejectedjewman

it's a joke on the mega ytmnd pages.

EVIL

ehhm .. dont want to be a jerk, but have you checked with procrastinator? since you kinda built the sphinx next to his piramid. I could have sworn he had more plans with that place.

ehhm .. dont want to be a jerk, but have you checked with procrastinator? since you kinda built the sphinx next to his piramid. I could have sworn he had more plans with that place.

It was my pyramid originally, I half finished it, but had couple of months break from the server to come back and find he added to it. There wasn't even any other builds past the area when I started constructing it.

Mengy

Hello,

Is anyone able to help me out? My MC name is rejectedjewman

it's a joke on the mega ytmnd pages.

Ark is the only Admin on the server, he has to approve and promote new people. Sounds like you already sent him a PM, so he will get back to you when you are added.

Actually, Og is the original builder of the pyramid, Procrastinator just took it and built the cool oasis temple after the half built pyramid sat for months untouched. But now Og is back again and enlarging it to ungodly proportions, lol.

Mengy

Mengy may I request an update of the Tectonicus map?

I would love to for both Neocraft and my SSP world. But I can't, the tectonicus software hasn't been updated to work with the new anvil map format yet. Going to 256 blocks high really messed it up. When it gets updated though I will be right on top of updating the map, trust me.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
What is Yeticraft?

www.yeticraft.net

Just another gaf friendly server that's available. The play style is much different there though than what you've got available at NeoCraft. Myself and XxTRAINEExX write the plugins that the server uses, so everything is pretty much custom. Check out the forums, read up a bit on us and jump on sometime. You may find you enjoy the different play style we have or you may not like it at all. If you don't, you've got the great option of NeoCraft!

www.yeticraft.net

Just another gaf friendly server that's available. The play style is much different there though than what you've got available at NeoCraft. Myself and XxTRAINEExX write the plugins that the server uses, so everything is pretty much custom. Check out the forums, read up a bit on us and jump on sometime. You may find you enjoy the different play style we have or you may not like it at all. If you don't, you've got the great option of NeoCraft!

Absolutely! Thanks for responding!! Will definitely check out once I acclimate myself to the game again. I just started a new SP today and I didn't know trees dropped apples! lol. I will continue posting my ramblings of new discovery as well.

EDIT 1: Started venturing into a cave, see wood with spider webs on it, and got a creepy chime like I just discovered something. Also, there is fucking XP now?

EDIT2: Oh no, I died exploring to a bunch of spiders and now I'm lost. lol, nighttime came as I got lost, which means I died again and lost all my stuff. I had just found some iron too. :p

Taffer

Found some diamonds, also lava and death. Went back after I respawned, the diamonds survived, I'm counting that as profit.
Anyway, now I'm looking for an easy source of arrows (CBA breeding and killing my chickens every time I go home) if I came across a skeleton spawner and set up a skeleton farm would they drop arrows?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
EDIT 1: Started venturing into a cave, see wood with spider webs on it, and got a creepy chime like I just discovered something. Also, there is fucking XP now?

You found an Abandoned Mineshaft! (Though the creepy sounds play any time you're sufficiently close to a pitch-black cave.) Those spiders will kick your ass.

XP is mostly worthless until you're closer to the endgame, at which point you can more or less manufacture it. Nothing to really worry about.

Morokh

Found some diamonds, also lava and death. Went back after I respawned, the diamonds survived, I'm counting that as profit.
Anyway, now I'm looking for an easy source of arrows (CBA breeding and killing my chickens every time I go home) if I came across a skeleton spawner and set up a skeleton farm would they drop arrows?

There is one built in Neolulu (warp : lulu or use the nether road to Sky City, and from there follow the signs)
Once you spawn/get out of the portal you'll see a quite big pagoda-like building slightly on the left, under it on the beach is an entrance to a cave, follow the stairs to the last level, and have fun :p
(there also are some chests with arrows / bows ready for the taking, so feel free)

There is also an 'all mobs' grinder in Mengy's fortress, and another in Dome City but that won't give you arrows only.

Mengy

Ever been to the Luxor?

Yeah, I've stayed at the Luxor in Vegas. Actually, that's a slick idea. Fill the bottom of the pyramid with oasis biomes like what procrastinator did, and turn the top half of it into Pyramid City, where there are several levels or tiers that we can build a large Egyptian themed city type group project. We could lay it out similar to how the Luxor in Vegas is, or at least draw some inspiration from it.

That might be damn cool...

You found an Abandoned Mineshaft! (Though the creepy sounds play any time you're sufficiently close to a pitch-black cave.) Those spiders will kick your ass.

XP is mostly worthless until you're closer to the endgame, at which point you can more or less manufacture it. Nothing to really worry about.

Oh cool! I lost all my stuff to it, but I will definitely go back to it once I find it again. Right now I need to make a bed so I can reset my spawn point.

Mengy

So I played around with Overviewer last night as a possible replacement for the tectonicus program (for making online maps of Neocraft). It took a bit of reading and trial and error to get it working, it's not simple to use, but I finally got it to work. And I have to say I'm quite impressed with it. Actually, I think I like it better than tectonicus. The map it made of Neocraft is awesome. It's more like a google maps version of Neocraft and it looks very nice with great detail.

At least, that was until I measured how large the map directory was...

I only made the overworld map, no caves, no nether, no night map, and the directory came out over 10GB in size!!!! That's over twelve times the size of the actual Neocraft world file!!!! My dropbox account is only 2GB, so there is no way at all that I can upload this thing online. I shudder to think how big it would be with the caves and night map included. I don't know if I can find a way to bring that size down either, at first glance it doesn't look like I can.

But I do have an excellent (but enormous) map of Neocraft 1.2.5 now on my PC. I am definitely going to use Overviewer from now on for my SSP worlds.

I'm afraid we are just going to have to wait for tectonicus to update to get a new online map of Neocraft.

Top Bottom