• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Could you possibly trim the edges Mengy and see if it makes much of a difference? On your current dropbox map there are quite a few individual paths which go away from the main building areas and I imagine they account for a fair amount of wasted memory.

Although I suppose if your limit is 2 gig then theres only so much fat that can be trimmed from 10.

Taffer

There is one built in Neolulu (warp : lulu or use the nether road to Sky City, and from there follow the signs)
Once you spawn/get out of the portal you'll see a quite big pagoda-like building slightly on the left, under it on the beach is an entrance to a cave, follow the stairs to the last level, and have fun :p
(there also are some chests with arrows / bows ready for the taking, so feel free)

There is also an 'all mobs' grinder in Mengy's fortress, and another in Dome City but that won't give you arrows only.

I forgot to say I'm still just mucking about in Singleplayer but you answered my question anyway, so thanks!
About that awesome Sphinx:
4ACvg.jpg

-Minsc-

So I played around with Overviewer last night as a possible replacement for the tectonicus program (for making online maps of Neocraft). It took a bit of reading and trial and error to get it working, it's not simple to use, but I finally got it to work. And I have to say I'm quite impressed with it. Actually, I think I like it better than tectonicus. The map it made of Neocraft is awesome. It's more like a google maps version of Neocraft and it looks very nice with great detail.

At least, that was until I measured how large the map directory was...

I only made the overworld map, no caves, no nether, no night map, and the directory came out over 10GB in size!!!! That's over twelve times the size of the actual Neocraft world file!!!! My dropbox account is only 2GB, so there is no way at all that I can upload this thing online. I shudder to think how big it would be with the caves and night map included. I don't know if I can find a way to bring that size down either, at first glance it doesn't look like I can.

But I do have an excellent (but enormous) map of Neocraft 1.2.5 now on my PC. I am definitely going to use Overviewer from now on for my SSP worlds.

I'm afraid we are just going to have to wait for tectonicus to update to get a new online map of Neocraft.

This is kind of an old thread, anything useful in it you haven't tried for reducing the file size?

I've just found an area where the ground completely failed to load, although for some reason only I could see it. I kept on walking into invisible cacti, annoyingly.

2012-04-13_19.37.2225kdl.png

2012-04-13_19.37.302ouq3.png

-Minsc-

Most of the time it happens to me is when my connection lags. It's cool seeing the network of stuff under my dome when the top layer doesn't load.

Ark

I'm looking into it now, appears to just be a random server disconnection, hopefully should be back up soonish.

Ark

London network issues
Apr 13 2012 23:11:47 by krinsdeath

We're currently aware that a number of our London machines are unresponsive or terribly laggy. We're working as quickly as possible to identify and fix the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience while we work this out.

There we go, hopefully fixed soon.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
oke, lets look at mengy

Ah sure, right away because I fixed the server I get blamed for breaking it! I mean, I was only trying to install the new Creeper 9000 mod where mobs can spawn as giants, and lava pools can spawn lava dragons at random, and breaking diamonds can unleash Diamond Golems to go on destructive rampages. I'm sure my splicing the Neocraft server files with a custom Skyrim map had absolutely nothing to do with everything breaking and going to pot...

Seriously though, I haven't touched a thing today. LOL. Sounds like our server's machine is down. Multiplay is working on it now though.

EVIL

Ah sure, right away because I fixed the server I get blamed for breaking it! I mean, I was only trying to install the new Creeper 9000 mod where mobs can spawn as giants, and lava pools can spawn lava dragons at random, and breaking diamonds can unleash Diamond Golems to go on destructive rampages. I'm sure my splicing the Neocraft server files with a custom Skyrim map had absolutely nothing to do with everything breaking and going to pot...

Seriously though, I haven't touched a thing today. LOL. Sounds like our server's machine is down. Multiplay is working on it now though.

you are forgiven, its on again

edit: and its offline again

Rokam

Finished my giant hole in the ground on Yeticraft, but can't continue on with phase 2 without a slime spawn. So if anyone on the server knows the location of one I'll be your bestest buddy!

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Finished my giant hole in the ground on Yeticraft, but can't continue on with phase 2 without a slime spawn. So if anyone on the server knows the location of one I'll be your bestest buddy!

I hope for your sake you made said hole outside the start area. Otherwise, tears might come out of your face when the start area resets on the 15th. I might have missed you on the server, so welcome to our little world.

I've been pretty busy the last few days with writing some plugins. We've got a flurry of them coming to make things better in about another day or two. I'll be on a lot more when those are done.

defel

That final episode was awesome. I never thought that a Minecraft video series would be so epic. I loved Doc in that episode, he was a warrior.

Ok I've been away from the server today due to a small footballing matter at Wembley, but tomorrow I plan to return to the server with a bang and construct the Tomb of Ramses, which I've planned out in MCEdit.

tomboframsestyjca.jpg

Hi there, I wanted to try Minecraft so I downloaded the "free" version but when I started the multiplayer mode and put in Ark's server IP, it gave me an error ("end of stream"). Does the server still work ? Or is it on invite only ?

Thanks.

Hi there, I wanted to try Minecraft so I downloaded the "free" version but when I started the multiplayer mode and put in Ark's server IP, it gave me an error ("end of stream"). Does the server still work ? Or is it on invite only ?

Thanks.

Server is still up, and isn't invite only but the version number of the free version most likely doesn't match up with the current version of the server (1.2.5). Both need to match up for you to be able to log in.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
That's beautiful.

I can't wait until I can start playing this game again frequently.
The best part is that it was right next to my spawn. I started a new world, said "this looks good", dug into a cliff-face, began to hollow out a tunnel to my right to form a staircase up, began to hollow out a tunnel to my left and almost fell into the ravine halfway up. It was just sitting there behind the area I spawned in.

bengraven

Does this mean that you aren't aware of the gigantic "railts" monument we've erected?

Is it because I'm assumed dead and you're all paying respects?

I did notice a super tall wooden pole outside the front of my swamp house. Following it up, I realized you guys finally put in a rail system.

Fuck, now I have to finish my house so it doesn't look half finished from the sky.

Is it because I'm assumed dead and you're all paying respects?

I did notice a super tall wooden pole outside the front of my swamp house. Following it up, I realized you guys finally put in a rail system.

Fuck, now I have to finish my house so it doesn't look half finished from the sky.

Sorry about that wooden pole you can remove it if it's in the way. The rail I built there leads to Roche's Oasis.

Rokam

So they're doing another Ultra Hardcore 4v4 (season 4b), and season 5 is going to be a FFA with about 15 people. Can't wait!

Top Bottom