• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Xanathus

I just started this, should I spend my energy immediately on recruiting companions or should I save it for something else? What about gold? I've got 12 energy at the moment from their twitter code.

edit: what's this about rerolling?

METAL GATE OPEN FOR 4 MINUTES

Remember if you dont have the stamina for it, just keep the "start battle" screen open and wait till you have the required amount!
I just started this, should I spend my energy immediately on recruiting companions or should I save it for something else? What about gold? I've got 12 energy at the moment from their twitter code.

Save em for new recruits. don't waste them on refilling stamina. the first 4 characters you get are predetermined. the next 2 you get with your 10 free energy are random. THATS what you reroll for. keep in mind SS and S do not necessarily mean strong or useful atm characters. they level slower.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Use it now; C ranks suck.
Rerolling is using the energy from daily + twitter until you have until you get something good. If you don't, delete and go again.

Xanathus

Use it now; C ranks suck.
Rerolling is using the energy from daily + twitter until you have until you get something good. If you don't, delete and go again.

How do I use it, in the tavern by recruiting a new member?
OK from reading a bit more I delete the whole app and start a new game to get a new starter character (aside from that medic dude)? Is it worth the hassle? I kinda don't want to download the game again.

How do I use it, in the tavern by recruiting a new member?
OK from reading a bit more I delete the whole app and start a new game to get a new starter character (aside from that medic dude)? Is it worth the hassle? I kinda don't want to download the game again.

only delete whole app in Apple phones.

in Android phones just go to settings>applications>terra battle>clear cache

Xanathus

only delete whole app in Apple phones.

in Android phones just go to settings>applications>terra battle>clear cache

Hmm in that case I think I'll try the game out on my Nexus 2 and see how it runs. I've been playing on my ipad 2 but I got a B class character and a duplicate character from my first 10 energy :(

edit: oh that guide is useful, it looks like I can delete the savedata using my PC

Hige

Use iFunbox or iExplorer to delete savedata.bin from Terra Battle's documents folder if you want to reroll on iOS.

Also, you guys don't have to post every time the metal zone is open. >_> There's a schedule at terrabattlex.com.

meow

Use iFunbox or iExplorer to delete savedata.bin from Terra Battle's documents folder if you want to reroll on iOS.

Also, you guys don't have to post every time the metal zone is open. >_> There's a schedule at terrabattlex.com.

Just looked at that, does that mean metal zone 1 will open again with the metal king at 9pm est?

Flunkie

Banned
Fucking finally! After 5 days of rerolling, I get my first SS! Is Gugba good? Please don't tell me he's the shittiest SS.

HOLY SHIT. Patience paid off! I just got TWO SS in one reroll. Gugba and A'misandra!!

meow

I used all up my stamina the last time the metal zone opened. oops.

I had just dumb luck with where the runners spawned the last round I played and managed 163k exp. I think I played three times and got my B starter from level 1 to 18 on her second job.

All hail the king up at metal gate.. 50 mins on it.

that was an annoying as hell fight. it doesnt help the mobs keep doing breath attacks fuckign up your orientation, but the king moves all over the place and then uses his own breath.

i got him down to 40% then he ran away :s

does he gives nothing but exp? i dont think a team low lvl enough to take advantage of his exp bonus would be able to kill it with the mobs around.

Anfang

that was an annoying as hell fight. it doesnt help the mobs keep doing breath attacks fuckign up your orientation, but the king moves all over the place and then uses his own breath.

i got him down to 40% then he ran away :s

does he gives nothing but exp? i dont think a team low lvl enough to take advantage of his exp bonus would be able to kill it with the mobs around.

Yea it's only xp. I was able to take him with lvl 15s

Got a cool looking A ranked bow guy for my second "proper" recruit, thankfully I can finally replace that knight from the tutorial. The character designs in this feel like something of a (positive) departure from comparable games.

Metupi.png
The character design is superb, light years ahead of other f2p, and even pay games. A lot of talent behind these characters for sure

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How does one make more gold? I'm only at chapter 4, but I've just done the metal dungeon when it pops up. My team is all level 20 so it's all relatively easy at the moment...But I can't advance anyone because I'm too poor.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
How does one make more gold? I'm only at chapter 4, but I've just done the metal dungeon when it pops up. My team is all level 20 so it's all relatively easy at the moment...But I can't advance anyone because I'm too poor.
Saturday and Sunday has coin battles.

SirKhalid

Hunting zone during the weekend give gold.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm more surprised that there seems to be no limit to how many units you can have (and an option to use energy to increase space).

I don't mind pulling whenever I get energy / gold, because there's already a lot of great stuff to get, and I'd like to start working on raising their percents rather than waiting for the chance to pull the same party members later.

I hope they have themed summon gates when the new characters come out. I guess it depends on how many they make...

That actually works? I bet they patch that out eventually.

You can do the same thing with Metal and Jewel Gates in Brave Frontier. Can't do it in P&D.

Hige

Does anyone know if it's possible to funnel exp to one character? Since metal zone 1 caps at 20, I was going to try using 5 characters over 20 and one low level character to see if they get 100% of the exp.

Corgi

Banned
was all like sweet S rank, then i looked at bonna the idol's skills... ehhhh... status debuffers :(

i bet she's useful later though.

I'm more surprised that there seems to be no limit to how many units you can have (and an option to use energy to increase space).

I don't mind pulling whenever I get energy / gold, because there's already a lot of great stuff to get, and I'd like to start working on raising their percents rather than waiting for the chance to pull the same party members later.

I hope they have themed summon gates when the new characters come out. I guess it depends on how many they make...

You can do the same thing with Metal and Jewel Gates in Brave Frontier. Can't do it in P&D.

You used to be able to do it in PAD, if you can't it's because they patched it out. I quit almost 2 years ago though.

Einherjar

My four rolls with Energy: Pfi Zer -> Unasag -> Kem -> Lewto (First two were re-rolled). Feeling like I used up all my luck for the month, but worth. Looks like I won't need to spend any money lol.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Straight up, the Energy gacha should not be giving me B tier characters. Should be A-SS only.

A-SS

zulux21

Game is 13 on iTunes Japan top grossing and at 21 for Free Games

The game needs some real coverage... i just happened to randomly see this thread... beyond that I hadn't heard much aside from it was coming... I didn't even realize it was remotely close to releasing in english let alone out in english as everything I previously read made it sound like it wasn't for sure going to get localized and that it would be 2015 the last time I paid attention to the game seriously.

anaron

The game needs some real coverage... i just happened to randomly see this thread... beyond that I hadn't heard much aside from it was coming... I didn't even realize it was remotely close to releasing in english let alone out in english as everything I previously read made it sound like it wasn't for sure going to get localized and that it would be 2015 the last time I paid attention to the game seriously.

Yeah, it really needs some mainstream attention for the download starter alone. The F2P label is probably not helping despite being a genuinely great and full, free game.

Burt

Game is pretty darn good, although I don't know if it'll have enough to keep me playing too long with the relatively slow rate of recruiting characters and gameplay that doesn't seem to have too much room to expand, fun as it is.

Are S/SS characters that much better? I only have an A Mage, B healer, and 2 B archers, but haven't had too much trouble through chapter 7. I think my decent party make up helps a bunch, but will I start hitting a wall without more A+s?

What time are the hunting grounds open? I see the Metal Zone opened at least 3-4 times per day, but still haven't seen hunting grounds.

Top Bottom