• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

So I downloaded this on a whim.

I hate myself for enjoying the first chapter because I tend to fart in the general direction of f2p games.

I hate myself for enjoying the first chapter because I tend to fart in the general direction of f2p games.

You know if a game model makes you hate yourself, you should probably reconsider some of your choices.

It is a fun game, if you don't want to play it you don't have to.

AwShucks

Yeah but there are hardly any f2p elements in the first five chapters at least. You should be able to beat the first four chapters without taking a break to recoup stamina at least.

You know if a game model makes you hate yourself, you should probably reconsider some of your choices.

It is a fun game, if you don't want to play it you don't have to.
Its moreso the feeling that I'm enjoying something I normally rail against. This game 'might' make me change my stances towards f2p games. We'll see.

Never said I wasn't having fun.

Yeah but there are hardly any f2p elements in the first five chapters at least. You should be able to beat the first four chapters without taking a break to recoup stamina at least.
Yea that's what surprising me right now is the fact I don't feel like I have to buy anything. For now.

Ryuukan

$$$$$$$$

Bz7N5a2CIAA66tn.jpg

With this game released are there any words on what Sakaguchi and Mistalker are up to now? Are they still focusing on some of their f2p games? Developing something else? Doing nothing to let all of us continue to Cry-On?

meow

Hmm, I guess I can see that being helpful for the pudding dungeon, yeah.

This was a good idea. I had run through pudding time once with my lvl 20+ team and only got one drop. I just tried it again with 4 lvl 14 monsters and 2 lvl 21 and got 10 items. I don't have enough elemental users to not use the lvl 21s. :(

Burt

I want some S recruiiiiiitsssss

Every time I build up 3000 coins or 5 energy

DDDDDDDDDDDD

Team right now is one A mage (Daiana) and a bunch of Bs. Things have been going fine, but that catch 'em all/min/max itch is killing me.

Visceir

I want some S recruiiiiiitsssss

Every time I build up 3000 coins or 5 energy

DDDDDDDDDDDD

Team right now is one A mage (Daiana) and a bunch of Bs. Things have been going fine, but that catch 'em all/min/max itch is killing me.

Using coins will only get you B rank characters at best. Need to use energy to get the A/S/SS ranks.

So every time I delete the game and restart I get the same people? I'm on an iPhone btw.

You start out with 2 B rank characters and go through the tutorial chapter (1), then you get 5 energy to recruit another (random) character and then use the promo code dhth66nWXVCbjdTC in options menu (all the way down last option) to get another 5 energy and recruit another random character.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just got this at lunch. Wish it wasn't another healer though as I don't mind the healer guy they give you for free as the opening story character.

Also ugh at having to relevel a low character when you get a new one.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Question.

So there are android emulators for the PC, right? So theoretically, anyone with an emulator and the .apk can play it right now?

Or does that not work because it has to connect to the server every time?

TsuXna

Started playing this game to day, thanks to "Razterik"
Anyone uses LINE? There's terra battle line group on there. If anyone would like to join.
ID:Tsuxna

Visceir

Did another pudding run and got 2xOxsecium, enough to job change Zuzu! ...now I have to level him up again all the way from lvl 1, so worth it tho.

FcDign1.jpg

I completed Chapter 11 earlier and am hesitating with tackling Chapter 12. Heard that's when the game gets really tough. Figured I would take some time to perhaps advance another character to second class and level them up a bit.

Pudding time all day. Having Lewto (SS Fire mage) and a stream of other elemental characters really helps get through it fast (even if it is just hunting zone 1)

I roll with two characters above 20 (Lewto and Ba'gunar) and the rest are well below 20. (I am still in chapter 6 so I am trying to abuse the early hunting zones as much as possible before advancing the story).

So Far I have gotten these rare drops, 2 Orichalcum (For Yukken), 2 Oxsecium (for Lewto), 2 Dark matter and 1 Animaton. As far as common items go it's the following: 11 fire rings ( for Lewto's 2nd job), 12 Ice Rings (For Ice B Rank Archer Gigojago 2nd job), 12 green rings (for R'Zonand) and a whole bunch of other rings that I can't use yet.

Now this is ALL I have done today in Terra battle, but with almost getting the rare drops for my two most important characters (Yukken and Lewto) done its worth it.

Azusa

I completed Chapter 11 earlier and am hesitating with tackling Chapter 12. Heard that's when the game gets really tough. Figured I would take some time to perhaps advance another character to second class and level them up a bit.

I have completed Chapter 12 with one SS guy and all others are B rank, level 30-34. And I don't have mages.

i hope the console Version will come out on the Ps4 (or atleast on the Ps4 as well)

Since the last Gen, none of Sakaguchis Games came out on a Playstation Console

Please Hironobu dont abandon us again this Gen

Visceir

I have completed Chapter 12 with one SS guy and all others are B rank, level 30-34. And I don't have mages.

Yea, I imagine I could press through it as well, but it's fun to work on improving my team. Did some metal runs earlier to get my new characters up to higher level so I could use them instead and now that I realized that it's possible to change jobs and actually managed to change job I want to get that done as well on another character or two.

This way once I get back into doing chapters the exp will actually go to characters I care about (and more importantly not to Ba'​gunar!)

My last pudding run wasn't all that fruitful either.

Ulthwe

Just got up to half chapter 3 and WOW! Never thought moving around squares could make you feel like a badass! Sliding around a character and perfectly aligning the others for massive damage is really satisfying.

You start out with 2 B rank characters and go through the tutorial chapter (1), then you get 5 energy to recruit another (random) character and then use the promo code dhth66nWXVCbjdTC in options menu (all the way down last option) to get another 5 energy and recruit another random character.
Thx! Just used it and rolled... Another Grace!? Well, at least it leveled up.

Mashing

Got a Puprope (S rank Mage), on my first pact after the two free ones. She kicks ass, her first skill is a pincer area dark attack that triggers 50% (but seems higher). She owns the current pudding zone.

Got up to 5 energy again after clearing chapter 5 so I pulled another dude and got another SS. I'm kind of unstoppable now. I have Piz'fer, a guy who does an AoE ice, and Zerro the Dark, who has an AoE shadow. These guys just wreck the field.

My biggest complaint about this game at this point is that strong guys make shit too easy. I feel like the difficulty curve doesn't ramp up fast enough. Never had to worry about weapon dominance. Never had to worry about getting good combos. Never had to worry about being underlevelled. Never had to worry about group formation.

There's this amazing combat system and potential for really good strategy and skill, but the game doesn't actually make you use it.

I suggest people to hold up on material farming until Hunting Zone 2 (after Ch 9).

The drop rate in the first one can be atrocious.
My biggest complaint about this game at this point is that strong guys make shit too easy. I feel like the difficulty curve doesn't ramp up fast enough. Never had to worry about weapon dominance. Never had to worry about getting good combos. Never had to worry about being underlevelled. Never had to worry about group formation.
Just wait up a bit post Ch 16. You'll start to cry, even with some SS.

I kinda like the easy and slow start up.
Each Chapter introduce a new mechanic (confuse, sleep, rocks, snipers, spiked traps, guard shields, etc), which then they'll throw at you all at the same time.

I suggest people to hold up on material farming until Hunting Zone 2 (after Ch 9).

The drop rate in the first one can be atrocious.

Just wait up a bit post Ch 16. You'll start to cry, even with some SS.

I kinda like the easy and slow start up.
Each Chapter introduce a new mechanic (confuse, sleep, rocks, snipers, spiked traps, guard shields, etc), which then they'll throw at you all at the same time.

giphy.gif

RDreamer

So I have some metal zone tickets to get in even when it's not open.... but how do I use those? Clicking on the Metal Zone has no option, and clicking on the item does nothing too...

chrono01

So is it recommended to set up the data transfer setting/password, even if you don't have a current plan to switch devices? Nothing is backed up via iTunes, right?

Got up to 5 energy again after clearing chapter 5 so I pulled another dude and got another SS. I'm kind of unstoppable now. I have Piz'fer, a guy who does an AoE ice, and Zerro the Dark, who has an AoE shadow. These guys just wreck the field.

There's this amazing combat system and potential for really good strategy and skill, but the game doesn't actually make you use it.

In the later chapters attack types and elements matter a lot. Like in the pudding hunting ground 2 its near impossible to effectively kill the unless you get lucky on some physical attacks if you have no element or mages. Though you can use the lizard guy but him alone won't carry you through unless you are grossly overleved and he's not really amazing in the first place. You can also start seeing large differences in damage when using the weapon triangle properly since the enemies have more hp. 2 SS mages you probably are set for a while, I haven't ran into anything absolutely resistant to it yet but later there might be.

It's under Arena -> Special.

You complain too early. Enjoy the easiness while it lasts (and train your accurate drawing skill while you can).

I guess. My drawing skill is pretty good after having played Puzzle and Dragons for so long.

Pop quiz: What's the best move here:
Assume A's are your units, and X's are enemies, and we're treating all A's as identical units.

Code:
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. A A A A .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
A . X X A .

I guess. My drawing skill is pretty good after having played Puzzle and Dragons for so long.

Assume A's are your units, and X's are enemies, and we're treating all A's as identical units.

Code:
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. [I]A[/I] [U]A A[/U] [B]A[/B] .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
A . X X A .

should look like this:

The Bolded A is your moving piece. come up below Italized A and then go horizontally to the underlined As.

do loop de loops on all 3 in the direction they face and they will get in a straight vertical line up to the empty space between the 1st lower A and the first X.
then you have the choice of putting your Bolded A in there, or going one final loop de loop to put the italized A in the attack position with the underlined As lined up vertically on top for the links

. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . A . . .
. . A. . . .
. . A . . .
. . A . . . .
A A X X A .

SPOILER SPOILER:

this is the 30-8 final fight. open it at your own risk, but it shows you how to make a horizontal line of characters into a vertical and vice-versa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5FVe4PuwYw

Noaloha

Code:
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. A A A A .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
A . X X A .

Something like this. Nice and quick to set up, full chain.

Code:
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. A . . A .
. A . . A .
. . . . . .
. A X X A .

Top Bottom