• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 12: The Show |OT| Elevated levels of testosterone included

squall211

Can't wait for this. I skipped the '11 version, so it's been two years since I've played a baseball game.

Does anybody know if the bundle deal is going to be available through PSN as well, or is this only through retailers?

I'm probably not going to bother with the deal if I can get my copies today or tomorrow but I'd still like to know.

If I could get them today or tomorrow, I'd gladly pay full price for both but there aren't any stores around here that will break street date.

lionelhutz

Any word on dedicated servers for online play? I don't want to fall for the hype again only to find out that online play is a lagfest and unplayable.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Amazon is currently unaware. Also, no release date delivery for Vita version. I am thinking this will be a limited quantity release...for Vita retail.

DenogginizerOS

I read the blog post again about the deal. It sounds to me they don't intend on making this pricing bundle available until release day. GameStop told me they can't preorder the bundle as a single unit and if you ring both up now, the total still shows up as $99.98. Add to it that amazon told me this morning that their copies of the vita version will not be in their wearhouse until March 6th and they cannot offer release date delivery. So, if you want the games on the 6th, walking into a store on the 6th will likely be your best option.

I read the blog post again about the deal. It sounds to me they don't intend on making this pricing bundle available until release day. GameStop told me they can't preorder the bundle as a single unit and if you ring both up now, the total still shows up as $99.98. Add to it that amazon told me this morning that their copies of the vita version will not be in their wearhouse until March 6th and they cannot offer release date delivery. So, if you want the games on the 6th, walking into a store on the 6th will likely be your best option.

I plan on taking an early lunch on Tuesday so I can go to Best Buy to pick up my copies. Maybe I can get in a little Vita time later in the day during break.

DenogginizerOS

I plan on taking an early lunch on Tuesday so I can go to Best Buy to pick up my copies. Maybe I can get in a little Vita time later in the day during break.

I will be returning from a work conference that day and will be out of town until the evening. I may go put $5 down on both today at Best Buy and save the $40 on amazon for something else.

Yes, I am getting it at eb games, they seemed to know the deal was going on.

Couldn't wait. I've got the Vita/PS3 version. My Vita online pass isn't working yet though.. :/

Vita Version Early Gripes:

Lot's of aliasing of the base path lines.
No one sitting in the dugouts.

Player models look great.

b6daf217.jpg

I hate you right now.

Vita impressions please!

Player Models look fantastic but the faces could use some more work.

There's some noticeable aliasing on the baserunning lines at Rogers Centre and nobody sitting in the dugout took me out of the experience somewhat.

I haven't tried the "pulse" stuff. Immediately switched to metered pitching and analog swinging.

Analog swinging has worked well for me so far. In fact, I feel like I'm seeing the ball better right now on the Vita screen. I've taken about four walks this game. I'm usually lucky to get 1-2.

I've been called on a balk twice for pitching too fast before the batter was ready. Be prepared for that one.

Player Models look fantastic but the faces could use some more work.

There's some noticeable aliasing on the baserunning lines at Rogers Centre and nobody sitting in the dugout took me out of the experience somewhat.

I haven't tried the "pulse" stuff. Immediately switched to metered pitching and analog swinging.

Analog swinging has worked well for me so far. In fact, I feel like I'm seeing the ball better right now on the Vita screen. I've taken about four walks this game. I'm usually lucky to get 1-2.

I've been called on a balk twice for pitching too fast before the batter was ready. Be prepared for that one.

Sounds good. Wonder if you're seeing the ball better because of Vita or the new camera angle that I saw someone mention on OpSports and Russell confirmed.

Sounds good. Wonder if you're seeing the ball better because of Vita or the new camera angle that I saw someone mention on OpSports and Russell confirmed.

Yeah. I'm going to have to dig into the PS3 version to know for sure. I'm hearing good things about that new camera angle.

I definitely feel like there is room for improvement on the Vita version. Had two players play a fly ball in the outfield, one stood there like he was about to grab it even though I was moving towards the same position. I eventually caught it and he still stood there in the same position. There was no collision detection on the play either. My arm clipped him.

bozeman

Anybody know if I choose to just do right stick swing and not mess with left stick direction if it will do hitting solely based on timing or will it randomly place the yellow circle anywhere like it does in 11? I HATE when I miss a pitch while timing it perfectly only to see the yellow box was at the severe up and away even though the pitcher had been throwing change ups down in the zone all at bat.

Did you turn Balks on in the Options? I believe it defaults to Off.

If you have them On, you have to wait for the pitcher to come set after you select your pitch before pitching.

Did you turn Balks on in the Options? I believe it defaults to Off.

If you have them On, you have to wait for the pitcher to come set after you select your pitch before pitching.

I certainly didn't turn them on. Just went into options to change the pitcher view and lower the level from hall of fame. lol

Edit: I think it put balks on by default because I selected EXPERT from the three options it gave me at the beginning of the game. Beginner, Experienced (Might have been intermediate) and EXPERT.

I certainly didn't turn them on. Just went into options to change the pitcher view and lower the level from hall of fame. lol

Edit: I think it put balks on by default because I selected EXPERT from the three options it gave me at the beginning of the game. Beginner, Experienced (Might have been intermediate) and EXPERT.

That makes sense. You have the option of turning them off, of course.

eznark

Banned
How has amazon not matched the pricing deal yet?

Some people had a problem with balks last year in the league. Pitch like a human and not like an automatic pitching machine and you'll have no problems.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I don't have the greatest eye for FPS but it definitely doesn't look it. I saw some obvious stuttering when the manager was coming to the mound to switch out a pitcher.

Cutscenes are always 30fps. What about during a pitch in real-time?

Nightz

So tempting to buy it on both platforms for the cross game save. Any deals that package both games?

Buy the PS3 version and get the Vita version for half off. So $80 for both games. Sony mentioned it on their blog. So far Best Buy and Gamestop are the confirmed retailers offering the deal.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Really looking forward to the Vita version next week.

How long I've waited for a full-featured sports game on a portable.

Top Bottom