• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread of Yawn the NL Wins Again, What Else is New?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN's Buster Olney is reporting that, contrary to some reports, the Blue Jays are not planning on trading Kyle Drabek and Travis Snyder to the Royals for Zack Grienke.

Completely unscientific survey of Yankees fans I know reveals a surprising amount of skepticism and ambivalence about signing Lee. I attribute this to a rare confluence of "True Yankee" stupidity and clear-headed thinking about signing old-ish pitchers to long contracts.

Doytch

Corran Horn said:
It be awesome if some random team got Lee :lol
My totally unfounded random team picks are the White Sox in the AL and the Mets in the NL.

Sox love old players, and the current Mets FO loves shitty contracts!

Doytch

Y2Kev said:
How does alderson like shitty contracts?
fo46M.jpg

---

M's solve offensive problems; acquire Brendan Ryan

Damn, Jack Z is loading up again in Seattle.

Miguel Olivo, Laynce Nix, Jack Cust, and now Brendan Ryan? Just go on and give them the trophy.

evil solrac v3.0 said:
Jesus Christ! can that fucker sign with a team already!? how hard is it to choose something "near" your house?!

He has to wait and see who offers him the most money before he decides where his house is.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Lee is smart enough (or maybe his agent is) to know he has plenty of time for both sides to blink.

Nolan Ryan expects Lee to make his decision tomorrow. Reports are telling everyone that the Yankees declared their recent offer to Lee was their absolute last one and is a "take it or leave it" type scenario now. It's believed to be in the 7-year, $150 million range.

The best deal of the Rangers "menu" presented is believed to be a 6-year deal in the $140 million range. It also has an option for a 7th year that would automatically vest if Lee just basically stays healthy during the contract.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Nolan Ryan expects Lee to make his decision tomorrow. Reports are telling everyone that the Yankees declared their recent offer to Lee was their absolute last one and is a "take it or leave it" type scenario now. It's believed to be in the 7-year, $150 million range.

The best deal of the Rangers "menu" presented is believed to be a 6-year deal in the $140 million range. It also has an option for a 7th year that would automatically vest if Lee just basically stays healthy during the contract.

in that case, Texas wins.

Y2Kev

AnEternalEnigma said:

Where is the rumor that it's 140? Heyman had their original offer at 5/100. 6/120 is a logical extension. 6/140 would be a massive jump.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm adding team-specific non-Braves blogs to my feed right now. Sharp, what's a good Nats blog? ZeroRay, anything for the Marlins? Ez, Brewer blogs?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
CygnusXS said:
I'm adding team-specific non-Braves blogs to my feed right now. Sharp, what's a good Nats blog? ZeroRay, anything for the Marlins? Ez, Brewer blogs?
all of the sweetspot blogs are good.

CygnusXS said:
My incredulity was derived from its placement in a San Diego feed. Cross-tagging is weak.
Yeah, I don't get why it doesn't just take you to the dedicated Padres blog rather than a collection of cross-tagged posts. The tagging on SB Nation is done automatically.

Y2Kev

Doytch said:
Heyman's a genius. I think it was Sharp that said he covers his bases perfectly. Lee either signs with the Rangers or Yankees, and he's right, or he signs with anyone else and it was lolol #mysteryteam.

more alts than pollo.
Heyman has placed his bet but he always hedges. He's one of those 80% X, but I wouldn't be shocked if Y!!! type people.

Me and my buddy just played an exhibition on The Show 2010 between the Braves and the Red Sox with their new players. Boston's team is frightening even in video game form.

1. Ellsbury
2. Crawford
3. Pedroia
4. Gonzalez
5. Youkilis
6. Ortiz
7. Drew
8. Saltalamacchia/Varitek
9. Scutaro

That's almost not fair.

But...I won 7-6 with Atlanta because Boston's pitching still sucks, haha. Thank you to Dan Uggla and Freddie Freeman for hitting total bombs off Lackey.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
AnEternalEnigma said:
Me and my buddy just played an exhibition on The Show 2010 between the Braves and the Red Sox with their new players. Boston's team is frightening even in video game form.

1. Ellsbury
2. Crawford
3. Pedroia
4. Gonzalez
5. Youkilis
6. Ortiz
7. Drew
8. Saltalamacchia/Varitek
9. Scutaro

That's almost not fair.

But...I won 7-6 with Atlanta because Boston's pitching still sucks, haha. Thank you to Dan Uggla and Freddie Freeman for hitting total bombs off Lackey.

Why would you have Crawford batting 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom