• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDeluis

We just need to post this every week.
x961BbC.jpg

Meier

Need a gif of Hanley staring the ump down for like 10 seconds, lol.

Crawful is just the worst. What a terrible season for him.

Meier

Jesus Turner that was embarrassing. How in the world do we not have a decent 3B after spending so much money? Can Guerrero play there? We're paying him a shitload to sit in the minors due to Dee's year.

JDeluis

Turner has been pretty good while Uribe was on the DL, but tonight everybody is playing like they're hearing the Benny Hill music in the background.

Meier

Sometimes it's amazing how well the teams shift and position themselves now for players at bats. Thought that was a hit for sure for AJ there but the 2B was right there.

Meier

uribe?

he's been amazing

has the night off
Uribe has been good the past two years but it's freaking Juan Uribe. He isn't good enough to be our starting 3B. He should be a platoon guy. How have we gone so long since we let Beltre walk without having a marquee player there?

Don't we have a decent prospect at third? I feel like our top position player next to Joc might be one.

Think they're training Guerrero to play left field right now. He'll basically cover a lot of positions when he comes up. Seager should be able to play 3rd when he first comes up and eventually playing ss. He's doing great in AA right now, but needs to work on getting some more walks.

Haren and Perez are the instant loss duo. These clowns must feel embarrassed breathing the same air as Kershaw, Greinke, and Ryu.

Uribe has been good the past two years but it's freaking Juan Uribe. He isn't good enough to be our starting 3B. He should be a platoon guy. How have we gone so long since we let Beltre walk without having a marquee player there?

Don't we have a decent prospect at third? I feel like our top position player next to Joc might be one.

You mean Seager? Isn't he like 19? Kid's probably 2-3 years away from a call up.

Guerrero being turned into an OF would be hilarious. Don't the dodgers already have too many of those? They should keep him around for the inevitable Dee Gordon regression. Who else is going to block him? Darwin Barney?

what? he's been amazing defensively and is hitting .300

maybe you should watch more games

seriously the dodgers have way bigger concerns than uribe.. like anyone pitching after their top 3.. catchers who can't hit above the mendoza line.. questionable bullpen

Meier

what? he's been amazing defensively and is hitting .300

maybe you should watch more games

seriously the dodgers have way bigger concerns than uribe.. like anyone pitching after their top 3.. catchers who can't hit above the mendoza line.. questionable bullpen
Again, it's Juan Uribe. He's "35" and a career .721 OPS player. He's having a good year and he played well last year also but the Dodgers should have a starting 3B who is better. It's been a position we have not adequately addressed since Beltre left. In an ideal scenario, Uribe is platooning and not expected to play every day.

The catcher position is a black hole in general for most teams. I don't really expect much out of it frankly. Hopefully Seager (thanks for the reminder on his name) works out sooner than later -- I really would love to see him and Joc on the team next season. Ready for that expanded roster so we can hopefully see them. Guerrero being turned into an OFer seems like a really dumb decision.

Meier

I still can't believe we gave Ethier such a huge deal. Unbelievable. At some point we'll just have to eat his contract.

jakncoke

Banned
1 thing about Uribe BR lists him at 235 that generous as fuck, looked 260 when Pirates played him

2: if he continues he'll have his high finish BA ever. career .255 hiter finished with another .300+ season

I still can't believe we gave Ethier such a huge deal. Unbelievable. At some point we'll just have to eat his contract.
I think we'll end up releasing him outright if we can't find a suitable team to trade with during the offseason. He's practically just a body on the roster right now. No real use other than for substitution opportunities.

Uribe isn't a problem for the Dodgers right now. He's a positive, regardless of age. I love his defense. Dodgers need a replacement for him next year or the year after.

zulux21

so abreu went 3 for 3 again today and has his average up to .310 or 9th best in the al and 13th best in mlb. (best right now is .339) obviously he won't continue to hit .460 like he has in the last 10 games, but it would be interesting if he could continue to hit at a .350 or so clip for the rest of the season (he batted .374 in july and is 1.000 in august so far :p) and have a shot at the triple crown (full blown MLB crown no AL only like miggy) in his rookie season o_O; (even better would be if he could continue his hitting streak though august... the hype around him would be amazing if he had a 45+ game hitting streak and a shot at the triple crown going into sept :p)

This is also making me sad that the yankee's japanese pitcher went down as rookie of the year voting could have been interesting if he pitched well all season, but it's starting to look like a really easy choice in the AL now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom