• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Met fans...

pence_sign_twitter_ne6gtk8s.gif

pence_signs_two_twitter_kgk1wx2e.gif

hunter.gif

http://wapc.mlb.com/cutfour/2014/08...th-strange-signs?cid=as_mlb_20140803_29023316

This is why we're the best.

Syrinx

I heard the core pieces were Josh Bell and Glasnow. Id imagine someone like Tabata or Snider, and maybe a C prospect tacked on.

So wait, they turned down Bell/Glasnow + others, and ended up with Frankln/Smyly + that young Detroit shortstop?

Hard to believe that's true, but lol if it is.

harSon

Banned
So wait, they turned down Bell/Glasnow + others, and ended up with Frankln/Smyly + that young Detroit shortstop?

Hard to believe that's true, but lol if it is.

Word on the street is they think they'll be competitive next season, which is probably true, and were looking for immediate MLB talent and not prospects. It's probably true considering I think most teams could have beat the Tigers package if prospects came in to play. Personally, I would have taken Bell and Glasnow, and tried to flip them considering both of their stocks are soaring atm.

lol if they turned down Bell/Glasnow and other prieces. Maybe we dodged a bullet there

I'm kind of glad as well. As today shows, we're not one piece away to competing, let alone that one piece being a pitcher... since our run support is bipolar :p

I have a feeling we were trying to trade Hanson too. We just transitioned him over to 2B, which leads me to believe that we were trying to artificially inflate his value by keeping him at SS.

jakncoke

Banned
Word on the street is they think they'll be competitive next season, which is probably true, and were looking for immediate MLB talent and not prospects. It's probably true considering I think most teams could have beat the Tigers package if prospects came in to play. Personally, I would have taken Bell and Glasnow, and tried to flip them considering both of their stocks are soaring atm.

I'm kind of glad as well. As today shows, we're not one piece away to competing, let alone that one piece being a pitcher... since our run support is bipolar :p

I have a feeling we were trying to trade Hanson too. We just transitioned him over to 2B, which leads me to believe that we were trying to artificially inflate his value by keeping him at SS.

Yeah I seen that, I wonder how much it has to do with him punting errors left and right. Maybe they are hoping his error numbers drop with a position change.

Polanco!!!

Sac Fly! tied game. Cutch noooo be ok!

Syrinx

But Bell is probably going to crack the majors at some point next season anyway. Glasnow will probably need another year between AA and AAA. And yeah, those guys are gonna have major value this offseason. If you want major league ready talent for next year, they would get a much better return on them than Smyly/Franklin.

JDeluis

yep, he's done.. his hip isn't holding up

him and haren get rocked and then kill the bullpen every time

ned needs to work his waiver magic

I'll give Beckett a pass since he starts really good and is playing injured. Haren on the other hand is just having trouble from the 1st.

Offense really needs to step it up when ever pitching is really bad. They can't be dependent on good pitching to give them the motivation to hit the ball.

edit: Hanley has been swinging at the first pitch today and been caught 3 times.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Danny Santana reached base 6 times today. Arcia hit a homer that cleared the grand stand. I love watching the Twins crush the White Sox.

harSon

Banned
Wow, surprised Hurdle brought Melancon. Shows how much our bullpen sucks, because Hurdle will give up bubble gum before bringing out his closer in a tied game.

Crazy that even with Kershaw, Greinke and Ryu the dodgers STILL need a pitcher if they want to get anywhere. Giants will probably block any potential waiver deals too.

I guess this means they are dumping $150 million contracts at either Max Scherzer or Jon Lester if they come up short again this season.

jakncoke

Banned
lolololol dbacks allowed to block the ball with their arm to block a double play to get out the inning. fuck it all.

man that shit is cheap as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom