• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

日本一になりました!

Fighters win the Japan Series!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY WERE 11 GAMES BACK IN JUNE AND THEY WON THE PACIFIC, WON THE CLIMAX SERIES, AND WON THE JAPAN SERIES!!!!!

I am going to be spending a *lot* of money on shirts.

<3 baseball <3

Cv8OfvGWYAAi33W.jpg

Cv8Ofr4XgAA73px.jpg

Cv8My9AXEAQc91c.jpg

Cv8b3w4VMAA4fyR.jpg

I am buying bought all the things

Cv8RXTtXgAAUNEf.jpg

Choomp

Banned
Come to America Shohei.

Come to Mets.

I'm not looking forward to the Mets not even pretending to show any interest in him

Frozenprince said:
Jose wasn't piloting the boat, should it matter if he was drunk or not?

No one knows who was driving it im pretty sure. Either way, doesn't really change how I feel about the situation. Those feelings being really sad

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Jeurys Familia, an All-Star pitcher for the New York Mets who was featured in a new ad campaign for an anti-domestic violence organization, was arrested on a domestic violence charge this week, according to a complaint filed by authorities in Fort Lee municipal court.

I don't know if I should chalk this up to Mests or just irony

For any New England Bruins or Sox fans, some pretty good news in terms of streaming:

NESN quietly added to Playstation Vue

NESN, the official home of the Boston Bruins and Boston Red Sox, launched on PlayStation™ Vue earlier this month to coincide with the start of the 2016-17 Boston Bruins season.

NESN is now available on several PlayStation Vue plans to fans in the network’s broadcast territory, which includes Massachusetts, Connecticut (except for Fairfield County), Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont.

PlayStation™ Vue is an Internet-based live TV service from Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) that gives consumers an additional option to watch their favorite live TV content. PlayStation Vue is accessible through popular TV-connected devices such as PlayStation® 4 and Roku.

3N16MA

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Familia gets 50 games or more. We don't know all the details at this point but the fact that he was arrested and charged with assault along with the victim having a cut and bruise elevates it above Chapman's case regarding domestic violence.

BFIB

Lots of chatter about the moves the Cards should make. Moving Goyorko would make sense, because his trade value will never be higher. Targeting Blackmon also makes sense, but the Rockies have LaMeihu and Arenado, so I don't see where there's a fit there.

Fowler makes a lot of sense, knows the division and doesn't cost any prospects.

3N16MA

Banned
Lots of chatter about the moves the Cards should make. Moving Goyorko would make sense, because his trade value will never be higher. Targeting Blackmon also makes sense, but the Rockies have LaMeihu and Arenado, so I don't see where there's a fit there.

Fowler makes a lot of sense, knows the division and doesn't cost any prospects.

I wonder if the Cubs would give Fowler a QO even at its current rate. Two consecutive solid seasons and he will be 31 at the start of next season. He is due for a raise over the 13M he made this season.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I wouldn't be surprised if Familia gets 50 games or more. We don't know all the details at this point but the fact that he was arrested and charged with assault along with the victim having a cut and bruise elevates it above Chapman's case regarding domestic violence.

He should get at least 50 games. Should be more.

BFIB

I wonder if the Cubs would give Fowler a QO even at its current rate. Two consecutive solid seasons and he will be 31 at the start of next season. He is due for a raise over the 13M he made this season.

I think they will, if anything to keep the Cards from signing him since it'll cost a pick, or getting that draft pick regardless.

Retro Ms is one of my favourites.

I also like the Brown/Orange Padres thing. Benito Santiago was my favourite player when I was a wee lad.

Postseason ban, make him officially untradable until it's legally resolved, throw 75 games at him and show the league that this is serious business and that if you hit a woman you pay the price.

BFIB

Postseason ban, make him officially untradable until it's legally resolved, throw 75 games at him and show the league that this is serious business and that if you hit a woman you pay the price.
And he gets ketchup on his hot dog for maximum punishment.

Choomp

Banned

Yeah... I agree... Familia is just a really fun player and seemed like a cool dude, it just breaks my heart so hard when these players we watch do something like this. Although I think Reyes was worse for me cause I kinda grew up watching him.

MC Safety

The Mets should address the issue of spousal- and drug abuse and cut ties with Familia, Reyes, and Meija. The message should be no tolerance and not no tolerance unless we can squeeze some ticket sales out of you.

The Mets should address the issue of spousal- and drug abuse and cut ties with Familia, Reyes, and Meija. The message should be no tolerance and not no tolerance unless we can squeeze some ticket sales out of you.

The fucked up thing is that Familia has been one of the leagues poster children for the anti-DV campaign, including appearing in their TV ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom