• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo

Banned
igVjI61.jpg

That is disgusting.

The Cubs traded a hot SS prospect for a veteran pitcher (Chapman), and picked up Jon Lester to anchor the rotation. Chapman wasn't all that great but the bats pick him up in extras and the Cubs win and everyone's a genius.

In 2014, The A's trade a hot SS prospect for a veteran pitcher (Shark), and picked up Jon Lester to anchor the rotation. Shark was great down the stretch and was the reason they got to the playoffs, but all the bats get hurt and the A's lose and everyone's an idiot.

Baseball is a bitch sometimes.

Chris R

if you are talking about tal's hill, it's dead, wrapped in plastic

No, there's the short porch and then it goes back to the train tracks if I'm remembering correctly.

Either way, he might be good, he might be trash. I won't mind seeing him a few times a year though

Mortemis

Banned
Hey MarinersGAF, what is outfielder Nori Aoki like? Astros claimed him off of waivers.

His defense as regressed a lot from his past years. His bat is still great, at least since the second half of the season. If you get second half Aoki he should be a good pickup.

rekameohs

Banned
Torey Lovullo is the new Dbacks manager.

What is this? I'm liking all of this!!

Ah, wait. Kendrick and Hall are still in charge. Status quo will remain.

So you're a two-teamer now? Who's your NL team?

brah, braaaah. I'm council founder. did you get overcome by mustard fumes?

As council president, I will not tolerate any lies and slander against my fellow council members. There are no enrons here.

thank you Malo. I still miss Enron though, we should have an amnesty program for all the dearly departed.
not one person in MLB-Gaf did anything that deserved to be permad. but that's my opinion.

On my way to the rally. Trains are packed. Gonna be awesome.

have fun! post pics!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So I guess the only specific thing I want the Braves to do this offseason is to try to swing a good deal for Swihart.

Otherwise, I'm just along for the ride.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
brah, braaaah. I'm council founder. did you get overcome by mustard fumes?

I took your "what's wrong with this guy?" with an "I see nothing wrong with this" inflection is all. ;)

And I thought when Sanjuro took over the council he re-wrote the charter to make himself founder.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Didn't even noticed the Mets picked up the option on the guy that can't hit a lick (Bruce). Also picked up Reyes' option.

I'm still waiting for Ces to opt-out.

I took your "what's wrong with this guy?" with an "I see nothing wrong with this" inflection is all. ;)

And I thought when Sanjuro took over the council he re-wrote the charter to make himself founder.

understood. no worries!
we kicked out Sanj when he revealed his love (addiction?) for mustard.
edit: go, it's only been one day but I can't stand that there's no baseball. I don't dig the NFL (never really have) and I'm lukewarm at best on basketball, I don't know hockey so..... what's left?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My offseason dream is the Twins trading Dozier for a solid rotation arm. Going to be interesting seeing Falvey go to work. He has a lot to do.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
understood. no worries!
we kicked out Sanj when he revealed his love (addiction?) for mustard.
edit: go, it's only been one day but I can't stand that there's no baseball. I don't dig the NFL (never really have) and I'm lukewarm at best on basketball, I don't know hockey so..... what's left?

There's always Australian cricket!

dTQYeAV.gif

Is Miguel Montero serious? What a fucking loser.

I'm completely fine cutting him. He's garbage. Eat the 14 million or whatever he's owed this year and just find a guy to catch Lester if he doesn't want Contreras. What a real piece of shit. He had clutch hits in the playoffs and still wants to bitch about playing time after the bad year he had. He was unplayable most of the time because he has such a poor throwing arm we would have been ran all over.

thefro

The Cubs traded a hot SS prospect for a veteran pitcher (Chapman), and picked up Jon Lester to anchor the rotation. Chapman wasn't all that great but the bats pick him up in extras and the Cubs win and everyone's a genius.

In 2014, The A's trade a hot SS prospect for a veteran pitcher (Shark), and picked up Jon Lester to anchor the rotation. Shark was great down the stretch and was the reason they got to the playoffs, but all the bats get hurt and the A's lose and everyone's an idiot.

Baseball is a bitch sometimes.

I'd say the Cubs were a much better team when they traded for Chapman than the A's were when they traded for Shark/Hammel. They also have enough money to paper over some things and take some risks, whereas the A's didn't. Beane went all-in to make the playoffs which I respect.

Still sucks having to trade Torres for a relief pitcher who's a FA even if we don't win the WS without Chapman.

I'm completely fine cutting him. He's garbage. Eat the 14 million or whatever he's owed this year and just find a guy to catch Lester if he doesn't want Contreras. What a real piece of shit. He had clutch hits in the playoffs and still wants to bitch about playing time after the bad year he had. He was unplayable most of the time because he has such a poor throwing arm we would have been ran all over.

He's got some value still so there's no way you cut him (at worst, you'd trade him and take on another contract of someone meh). Still makes sense to me to keep him around to mentor Contreras/Schwarber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom