• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb question for you baseball vets. Does selling the team mean that they'll move from Miami, or does it just mean that they're under new ownership?

Dre3001

Dumb question for you baseball vets. Does selling the team mean that they'll move from Miami, or does it just mean that they're under new ownership?

Just new ownership, Marlins built a new stadium a few years ago and are basically locked into staying in Miami for next 25-30 years.

Sanjuro

Still in the running!

biDFHU0.gif

NHale

I hope Rob Manfred isn't paying attention at the ideas coming out of ESPN MLB reporters like Karl Ravech. 7 inning games, split the season into the 2 different seasons of 81 games to increase drama in September (how would that work if some teams would get into the playoff after the 1st season and could lose the next 81 games and still get in?!?).

The amount of ideas to "improve" baseball look like some company catering to a non-costumer desires while disregarding the current customers opinions, even if they implement they risk losing the current fans and not gain anyone else.

Beckx

huh. i figured that was going to be Bauer's twitter fight from last night about how Cleveland's logo wasn't racist, all the guys in the dugout were Trumpers, and Trump was doing great.

Beckx

I have the same viewpoint on the DH. It's not real baseball.

10 years from now, when all baseball has the DH, 5 runners on base after the 7th, hold your hand up to give walks, land mines, and ritual executions, just think how popular it will be. Lord Manfred will need your thanks then, bub.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Republicans are seriously the whiniest group of people I've ever seen. "I just can't handle seeing these opposing viewpoints! Please stop it!"
Eh, its from both sides. One side just uses logic and facts and the other likes to talk out of their ass.

Chris R

...That stuff sounds pretty great though. Chorizo loaded fries?! Come on, breh.

Those sound good, I just don't know if I'd trust a stadium to do Spam justice. A slice of Spam, cut to the correct thinness and heavily grilled on each side is terrific.

I'm expecting the stuff they put on those sliders to be too thick and barely grilled... Not appealing to me one bit.

Sanjuro

Those sound good, I just don't know if I'd trust a stadium to do Spam justice. A slice of Spam, cut to the correct thinness and heavily grilled on each side is terrific.

I'm expecting the stuff they put on those sliders to be too thick and barely grilled... Not appealing to me one bit.

Rangers did a great job with their stuff.

Chris R

Rangers did a great job with their stuff.

I'll see about that... Or not, since I'm going to a Rangers game on Dollar Chili Dog night...

edit: I've been had, it's "Texas Chili Company" Dollar Dog Night, not Chili Dogs :( But there also seems to be "Cholula all you can eat" seats as well? WTF Texas

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Tigers owner Mike Ilitch has died. Kinda sad that he didn't get to see them get a ring - seemed like that was a big goal for him

Don't know if this is good or bad for the Tigers.

(I don't care if this is "too soon," he was 87. He's had one foot out for years now.)

I do wonder how this will affect the Tigers and how they spend in the future. A lot of their crazy spending was always attributed to his age and desire to see a champ before he died. Perhaps theyll be quicker to pull the trigger on a fire sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom