• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
I don't get it. Years ago when the OT was created I thought the whole point of it was for sports and entertainment (ie TV/movies) and now we're out of the OT? Wtf...

If you aren't a sexual deviant, you aren't welcome in OT. Deal with it.

Check out the sports threads in Community!

Fenix

So wait, if we should be making new topics for major events... do we make new topics in OT for each World Series game/Trade Deadline/etc? Then separate our discussions between multiple threads?

I don't get it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So wait, if we should be making new topics for major events... do we make new topics in OT for each World Series game/Trade Deadline/etc? Then separate our discussions between multiple threads?

I don't get it.
we should make a thread for every game. 2,430 new threads over the course of the season shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I don't get it.
I think the World Series or All Star Game would get their own threads. Specific events.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I think the World Series or All Star Game would get their own threads. Specific events.

Do we want that though? We'd be splitting discussion across two boards. Better off just posting a thread for those events in OT that just links back to this thread.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Do we want that though? We'd be splitting discussion across two boards. Better off just posting a thread for those events in OT that just links back to this thread.
a thread that just links back to another would probably just be locked

Why are baseball players getting injured left and right? A lot of injuries for a non contact sport. It seems like every other pitcher is having a Tommy John.

Sanjuro

I guess the channel from last year survived from people who kept it on favorite. I fluctuate through different IRC clients, so didn't have it saved.

I'm going to have this in the OP for the next season...hopefully it catches on. It's nice to have a few people to shoot the shit with during the late games or wall kicking meltdowns.

IRC SERVER (You can choose any one of these):
irc.browsingtheinternet.com
irc.gccafe.com
irc.wiicafe.com

IRC CHANNEL:
#mlb-age

CLIENTS:
WINDOWS: X-Chat, mIRC
MAC OSX: Colloquy, Linkinus
UNIVERSAL: mibbit.com

Why are baseball players getting injured left and right? A lot of injuries for a non contact sport. It seems like every other pitcher is having a Tommy John.

Baseball is also relatively sensitive to injuries--not trying to start sportswars here, and baseball players do play hurt, but it's difficult to hit, throw, or run effectively in baseball with a fresh injury, even if it's pretty minor. Plus baseball has so many games that players can afford to rest a few to avoid a more serious injury.

And yeah, pitching is like the worst thing you can do to your arm ever. Almost as bad as trampolines for your ankle.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
gUOhK.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

Don't worry guys, I just had my account activated. All of us juniors will have no problem finding this thread. Oh look, a my little pony thread! Can a merge these two?

Enron

Banned
Hey enron you still think the Phils are stupid for not re-signing Madson? LOL.

This move to community sucks since I am worried that it will cut down on new members.

oh you shut up with that, its not like that could be forseen. The fact of the matter is though they spent a bazillion dollars on a role they could have filled for next to nothing internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom