• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
welcome to pony country.

we've missed you.

boo-man.gif

Dont ruin this thread for me panda ;;

Sanjuro

Man, I hate rappers and all the sticker collector douchebags who have ruined baseball caps. I had the same cap for over ten years. Now I can't seem to find anything ideal. No matter how much I fuss with the new ones, they are fucking pots.

Man, I hate rappers and all the sticker collector douchebags who have ruined baseball caps. I had the same cap for over ten years. Now I can't seem to find anything ideal. No matter how much I fuss with the new ones, they are fucking pots.

Ughh I see so many of these. Dudes with a couple of stickers plastered everywhere on a new era or something. Maybe I'm not hip to the fashion world of cap-wear to get it, nor do I want to.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I don't think there is anything more offensive in the world than people who keep the sticker on their baseball hats. It literally makes me seethe in rage whenever I see people disrespecting a perfectly good baseball cap by keeping some stupid ass New Era label on the cap.

I've been watching the game on NTV courtesy of JPTV 2.2. Great program with about ~20 channels from Japan (TBS, WOWOW, Animax, Fuji, TV Tokyo, etc.). Great stream quality and it syncs really well with the radio broadcast here in Seattle.

I saw a game at Tokyo Dome back in 2010, pretty surreal seeing the M's there right now.

so let me see if I get this straight , 12 years ago when I started here, OT and gaming topics would all be under one roof.
if you had an OT topic you would mark it so. then we got split, then OT was more popular for a while. then big, popular topics got stickied as well as there being TV show threads and so on that keep OT going (you know off -topic discussion from video games)
so we're getting moved here because there are too many stickies in OT but now there is double the number of stickies in community? does that make sense to anyone?

zulux21

does that make sense to anyone?

Not really, but I also haven't been here long. Either way I don't care where this thread ends up as long as I can use it to talk with other intelligent baseball fans, who won't make fun of me to much for rooting for the White Sox :p

Is there any sort of newbie league going on at all (that I can get into) I wouldn't mind trying a fantasy baseball league but I have very little experience with it and would rather play with other people who don't have a ton of experience so that I don't bog things down or anything like that.

aFIGurANT

Not really, but I also haven't been here long. Either way I don't care where this thread ends up as long as I can use it to talk with other intelligent baseball fans, who won't make fun of me to much for rooting for the White Sox :p

Is there any sort of newbie league going on at all (that I can get into) I wouldn't mind trying a fantasy baseball league but I have very little experience with it and would rather play with other people who don't have a ton of experience so that I don't bog things down or anything like that.

I would have but I opted to bog down the official GafRejects league instead...looks like it's full now so I would just join up with some randoms off the matchmaking thing on yahoo. Or if you do some mock drafts people were asking for people to fill spots so that could work if you chat them up a bit. Either way this is going to be my first inroads to fantasy (TiR is my team) and gaf as well so here we go.

aFIGurANT

the tigers = osaka though right? as in the shittier, less relevant japan team and definitely not someone to lose to on a binational stage I would think. that sucks for you seattle-ers real bad - don't get too sad up there though I hear suzuki is changing his swing a bit this year so there's that...

the tigers = osaka though right? as in the shittier, less relevant japan team and definitely not someone to lose to on a binational stage I would think. that sucks for you seattle-ers real bad - don't get too sad up there though I hear suzuki is changing his swing a bit this year so there's that...

Yep, Hanshin Tigers. Noesi isn't our big starter, but our offense was stagnant, just like last year.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
as long as you think Hawk Harrelson is a terrible announcer then i think you'll be accepted.

edit: although i gotta admit, his Thome 500th HR call was excellent.

zulux21

as long as you think Hawk Harrelson is a terrible announcer then i think you'll be accepted.

edit: although i gotta admit, his Thome 500th HR call was excellent.

see... as a life long white sox fan I got used to him and him throwing hissy fits over blown calls, and basically just being a raving fan for the white sox that happens to have a mic. eventually you get used to it and start to expect other announcers to adore their teams. Using MLB TV to watch some other games I will admit that there are plenty of other announcers that do a better job, but at the same time there were plenty that I just found plain boring as they were just going through the motions and didn't have any real emotion about it.

All in all though, it's more than time for him to hang it up and the sox get someone new as the main guy... someone who want obsess over a blown call to the point where he stops calling the game. But when all is said and done I don't think he is a terrible announcer, just a poor one.

see... as a life long white sox fan I got used to him and him throwing hissy fits over blown calls, and basically just being a raving fan for the white sox that happens to have a mic. eventually you get used to it and start to expect other announcers to adore their teams. Using MLB TV to watch some other games I will admit that there are plenty of other announcers that do a better job, but at the same time there were plenty that I just found plain boring as they were just going through the motions and didn't have any real emotion about it.

All in all though, it's more than time for him to hang it up and the sox get someone new as the main guy... someone who want obsess over a blown call to the point where he stops calling the game. But when all is said and done I don't think he is a terrible announcer, just a poor one.

ghostbust.78d.gif

bjb

Banned
Does Lorenzo Cain have any power? I assumed he was just a defense / contact outfielder, but after watching some spring footage - the guy is huge.

Parch

Eww. We have to hang out with all the creepy threads now? Eww.

Final reminder...
NEOGAF Baseball Yahoo Head-to-head live draft is TODAY
5 PM ET
Not for the faint of heart. See you in the war room.

RBH

Anyone have a good list for fantasy baseball player rankings?

Don't feel like relying on something like ESPN's rankings....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom