• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Out of the new managers for 2012, which do you see lasting the longest with their new team?

Ozzie Guillen-Miami
Mike Matheny-St. Louis
Bobby Valentine-Boston
Dale Sveum-Chicago
Robin Ventura-White Sox

Matheny for sure. Former Cardinal, in a town where they support more than criticize.

cashman

Banned
True or false:

1) The Nationals will win more games than the Marlins

2) The Royals will win more games than the Twins

3) The Mets will win more games than Athletics

Andddd...go.

False
True
False

Don't know about the last one, A's will be pretty damn bad this year.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Why does Microsoft do this?

When there are so many free/cheap alternative media centers why do they still lock app access to Gold?
no idea. Hopefully that will change whenever they get their new Application Platform on there (probably the next xbox), they will probably release a standalone media box branded as a xbox though before that. That would have to have free access if they want to compete with roku, boxer etc..

eznark

Banned
I had no idea account sharing works. My mom has a hbo go account, I will have to try it.

Well, it works on my ipad and iphone, however Time Warner does not allow the app to work on Roku boxes. I'm hoping xbox gets away with it but I have zero confidence that will be the case.

BFIB

MS always handicaps their apps with the Gold standard. I doubt this will be any different for silver members.

Though finally seeing The Wire on my HDTV sounds glorious.

Fox318

Well, it works on my ipad and iphone, however Time Warner does not allow the app to work on Roku boxes. I'm hoping xbox gets away with it but I have zero confidence that will be the case.

I thought MLB just blacked out in market games? Can't Time Warner get in trouble for that?

eznark

Banned
I thought MLB just blacked out in market games? Can't Time Warner get in trouble for that?

Sorry, I was talking about HBO Go. For that you need to log in to your cable provider that you get HBO through.

MLB you just log in with your mlb.com account. The Roku app is ok, not great. Seems to get a better picture quality than the PS3.

Sanjuro

Valentine liked him alot didn't he? Probably management more than anything
Probably. It's not really Bobby's call anyway. Aviles upside still isn't bad. The last rookie we gave the nod at a defensive position was Pedroia, Jacoby to a degree. Hungry to see some rookies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't know if I can handle all this good press that the Jays have been getting lately. Me personally I still keeping my expectations fairly decent but people around me they really expect it's playoffs this year guaranteed.

Hell I'm just going to be excited to go into September and actually be within a few games of a wildcard spot. That's my playoffs this year.

BFIB

I don't know if I can handle all this good press that the Jays have been getting lately. Me personally I still keeping my expectations fairly decent but people around me they really expect it's playoffs this year guaranteed.

Hell I'm just going to be excited to go into September and actually be within a few games of a wildcard spot. That's my playoffs this year.

Don't worry, Rasmus will do his best to bring you back down to earth.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

C0t8Q.gif

Jays should be alright this season but I agree the expectations are absurd.

eznark

Banned
Wow, it sounds like the son of the man whom Matt Bush hit is going to sue the Rays. If he goes that far, I imagine he would include MLB as well.

Meantime, Tufano's son said he blames the team for the incident.

"I believe the Tampa Bay Rays organization is responsible for inviting Matt Bush into my community," Bernard Tufano said to NBC affiliate WBBH-TV.

h3ro

True or false:

Andddd...go.

True
True
False

Also, those RA Dickey excerpts are horrifying.

Doytch

False, false, false

What channel's the game on tomorrow? Wondering if it'll be blacked out on mlb.tv... It'll be like Breakfast at Wimbledon! But in Tokyo...and without hot girls in tennis skirts...and with baseball...

So the regular season starts in Japan tomorrow? There has been zero hype or mention of this on Canadian TV =/

All we've had is a special on a few Jays going to a hockey game =/

Parch

I didn't even know Fox Sports had fantasy baseball leagues. It looks really good. They seem to have taken the best features from Yahoo and ESPN. Unlimited free teams so I can see abandoned teams the biggest problem, but I really like the setup.

Parch

So the regular season starts in Japan tomorrow? There has been zero hype or mention of this on Canadian TV =/
That was pretty lame. Next Batista goes fishing. Whoopee.
Surprising SportsNet isn't showing the Japan games. I assume one of the US stations is covering those games? SN is advertising 162 Blue Jay games but last year they had tons of other games too. I hope they're just as dedicated to baseball this year.

False, false, false

What channel's the game on tomorrow? Wondering if it'll be blacked out on mlb.tv... It'll be like Breakfast at Wimbledon! But in Tokyo...and without hot girls in tennis skirts...and with baseball...
MLB Network is showing the game at 9am tape delay. Ppl from Oakland will be able to see it here but not Seattle market.

I remember staying up to watch the regular season openers from Japan in other years, they were on TSN or SN......this year there has been no mention or coverage at all

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Whoa didn't even realize it was so close. Someone has got to be playing it. This is ludicruous if not.

Meohsix

Don't know when it happened, (because i haven't turned my PS3 on in like 3 weeks) But the MLB.TV App updated from 2.01 to 3.00.

Didn't notice any changes except the new marlins logo...
Still the same crappy interface. =(

Macattk15

God damnit. Do I stay awake until 3am to watch the M's vs the A's ... or do I go on a media blackout tomorrow and watch the replay at 10pm after work & a final exam .....

Is the game even going to broadcast live via MLB.TV? I'm so confused with this shit. What a dumb move.

So I am in the neogaf baseball league and this is my first time doing fantasy. I see that we need 25 innings pitched each week, so this is from our 4 starters plus 2 RP right? Is there any min or max on games played by position players? I have Figgings on my bench and I am wondering if I should just start him to try and grab some extra stats from these 2 games. I know in NHL fantasy every position has a maxed games played, but I am not seeing anything about that for our league. Thanks.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wow, it sounds like the son of the man whom Matt Bush hit is going to sue the Rays. If he goes that far, I imagine he would include MLB as well.

Yep you nailed it.

Tufano family planning civil lawsuits against Bush and Guyer

The family of Anthony Tufano, the victim in the Matt Bush DUI hit-and-run accident, plans to file a civil lawsuit against both Bush and Rays minor league outfielder Brandon Guyer, whose Dodge Durango was used in the crash.

Richard Hirsch, the Tufano family's Tampa-based attorney, said hospital bills will be in the "hundreds of thousands," and they consider Bush and Guyer, among others responsible. Tufano is in critical condition at a Fort Myers hospital with several serious injuries caused Thursday when police said Bush fled the scene after hitting Tufano's motorcycle with Guyer's SUV.

"It's pretty clear to us from some of the comments being made that everyone is attempting to walk away from this situation and from any legal responsibility," Hirsch said. "Frankly, we're not going to let that happen...If you accept what everyone, Mr. Bush, Mr. Guyer, the Rays, what they're saying is that it’s a tragedy, but none of us bear any responsibility.. I've been doing this too long to let that happen, I want to make sure that the message has gotten across loud and clear."

True or false:

Andddd...go.

Don't know.
True, the Royals will come in 2nd in the AL Central.
True, both teams are screwed, but the AL West is tougher than the NL East.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
oh wtf, they aren't even going to start the games in japan at a good time for the US too. Fucking games are at 5et in the morning. Fuck you Selig.

at least play the games on the weekend if you are going to do that shit.

Astros release Zach Duke and Jack Cust. They signed Cust to a 2-year deal in the offseason, :lol.

Indians demote Matt LaPorta to AAA. Can we call him a bust now?

Flunkie

Banned
Astros release Zach Duke and Jack Cust. They signed Cust to a 2-year deal in the offseason, :lol.

Lonnie Chisenhall sent to AAA as well. Still only his second year but still, dude has always been in the top 100 prospects.

Parch

So I am in the neogaf baseball league and this is my first time doing fantasy.
No max games, but only your active roster players will count but you can swap around your bench and active players daily. Just pick the "Lineup" date and you can set that day's roster. You can set lineups as far ahead as you like. Definately use Figgins for those Japan games.
You have enough starting pitching so you'll never have a problem reaching 25 innings per week. That also includes any RP innings.

Don't know.
True, the Royals will come in 2nd in the AL Central.
True, both teams are screwed, but the AL West is tougher than the NL East.

Really? Phils have had the best record in all of baseball the past 2 years, the Braves were one of the top teams before the final month last year and should be improved this year, the Nats have had a great offeason and should be good this year, and the Marlins made a bunch of signings. I think the NL East is a much better division then the AL West.

No max games, but only your active roster players will count but you can swap around your bench and active players daily. Just pick the "Lineup" date and you can set that day's roster. You can set lineups as far ahead as you like. Definately use Figgins for those Japan games.
You have enough starting pitching so you'll never have a problem reaching 25 innings per week. That also includes any RP innings.

Thanks man.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Brewers Acquire:
LHP C.C. Sabathia

Indians Acquire:
OF Matt LaPorta, Huntsville (AA)
RHP Rob Bryson, West Virginia (Lo A)
LHP Zach Jackson, Nashville (AAA)
OF Michael Brantley, Huntsville (AA)

Phillies Acquire:
LHP Cliff Lee, Cleveland
OF Ben Francisco, Cleveland

Indians Acquire:
RHP Carlos Carrasco, Lehigh Valley (AAA)
RHP Jason Knapp, Lakewood (Lo A)
SS Jason Donald, Lehigh Valley (AAA)
C Lou Marson, Lehigh Valley (AAA)

Red Sox Acquire:
C/1B Victor Martinez

Indians Acquire:
RHP Justin Masterson, Boston
LHP Nick Hagadone, Greenville (Lo A)
RHP Bryan Price, Salem (Hi A)

Basically every team in baseball should be looking to fleece the Indians. Ubaldo trade already looking terrible too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom