• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using ZIPs projections:

Pack it in, Brewers win the division!

There's no way the Cards are getting 200 IP out of Carp.

Here are the best hot dogs in KC: http://newyorkdawgpound.com/?page_id=355

My old boss (from NYC) opened the place up a couple of years ago, and it's been wildly popular. You'll notice none of them have ketchup.

One of them has peanut butter, though. Behold, the Goofy Dog:

goofy.jpg

People always wondering if we could, nobody stopped to ask if we should.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I've been to about 8-10 Rays games over the years since their inaugural year. I've never really had much of a problem with The Trop itself, but the location is just bad as far as attracting people from outside of that immediate area. My cousins in Florida have been telling me for years about how the stadium needs to be in Tampa rather than St. Pete, yet the mayor is committed to enforcing the lease (which may be the death knell for the franchise in the future).

Really? The Trop is a total dump, about on par with Shea in terms of the worst baseball stadiums I've been to. It's a monstrosity both on the outside and inside. And it always smells god awful, more so than the usual stadium smell.

Doytch

50 pages? phftt

Stubhub seems to be the only logical method of getting tickets anymore.
I dunno what PPP setting others use, my dear Sanjuro. I'm thinking of them.

And yeah, that's what I'm figuring, but I've never actually used it for games that sell out so I don't know whether they'll be going for above-face in the days/hours beforehand.

Parch

What happened to that heckler at the Trop who always sat behind home plate and tormented the opposition? I don't recall seeing and hearing him in awhile. It was effective because that was the only crowd noise you ever heard in that tomb of a stadium.

Sanjuro

I dunno what PPP setting others use, my dear Sanjuro. I'm thinking of them.

And yeah, that's what I'm figuring, but I've never actually used it for games that sell out so I don't know whether they'll be going for above-face in the days/hours beforehand.

Even for games that sell out, it's usually the best route. I'm usually a stickler for finding alternate methods. The sad truth is there aren't any better ones. Even a bleacher seat from a stadiums ticket office doesn't even make sense compared to Stubhub's pricing.

Jon

Reposting cause I got end-of-paged.

This is a tough call. I would say StubHub (or TiqIQ -- See www.zoowithroy.com for ZWR Tickets), and you may be able to get better seats for the money. Prices trend upward generally, so I try to get them as soon as possible. There is no bad seat in the stadium, but I would definitely get something on the infield if you can (opposed to "cheaper" seats in the outfield, or in the Harry the K's sections).

EDIT: Some of my favorite seats are actually sections 421 - 423 -- you're right behind home plate, and you can usually get a good deal as they are the highest section.

Reposting cause I got end-of-paged.

I have had mixed experiences with stubhub. I have been able to get cheaper tickets a few times waiting until the day of the game, but usually they just go up and up closer to games days. Even though the Phils sell out every home game they do make standing room only seats available the day of games, so if you dont mind standing for a game that is a cheap option.

McNei1y

I know I'm going to be shat on here but...

I absolutely despise peanut butter, shit is disgusting. Seeing that hot dog makes me sick, especially seeing good bacon wasted like that.

I don't mind peanut butter if its with Jelly or inside of Chocolate... seeing it on that hot dog makes me want to throw up!!

I ordered some random chinese food meal and I had no idea it had some peanut cream all over it. It didn't taste too good.

Doytch

Yeah, NFI, but they obv know more about his health etc. than any of us. Pointless speculating. And it's $1.5per, so, yeah, nothing.

mjc

Kind of an off question, but do any of you guys have the Vita version of the Show 12? I'm thinking of picking it up if its solid enough.

RBH

Really? The Trop is a total dump, about on par with Shea in terms of the worst baseball stadiums I've been to. It's a monstrosity both on the outside and inside. And it always smells god awful, more so than the usual stadium smell.

Never put The Trop in the same sentence as Shea again.

Shea had a certain charm to it.

BFIB

Kind of an off question, but do any of you guys have the Vita version of the Show 12? I'm thinking of picking it up if its solid enough.

Its pretty good. You can tell that it is basically a port of the PSP version that the team was working on, and it does have some slowdown on player walkups, etc. However, there is zero slowdown during plays, which is whats important.

Most of the presentation was axed, so most games will last around 25-30 minutes. Obviously the big hook is the cloud feature, and its awesome.

Flunkie

Banned
Its pretty good. You can tell that it is basically a port of the PSP version that the team was working on, and it does have some slowdown on player walkups, etc. However, there is zero slowdown during plays, which is whats important.

Most of the presentation was axed, so most games will last around 25-30 minutes. Obviously the big hook is the cloud feature, and its awesome.

This is pretty spot-on. The only thing I'm really sad they omitted from the PS3 version is the diamond dynasty. I was super pumped about that mode, but probably 75% of my The Show time is played on the go.

JABEE

This is a tough call. I would say StubHub (or TiqIQ -- See www.zoowithroy.com for ZWR Tickets), and you may be able to get better seats for the money. Prices trend upward generally, so I try to get them as soon as possible. There is no bad seat in the stadium, but I would definitely get something on the infield if you can (opposed to "cheaper" seats in the outfield, or in the Harry the K's sections).

EDIT: Some of my favorite seats are actually sections 421 - 423 -- you're right behind home plate, and you can usually get a good deal as they are the highest section.

Sound advice. Especially if you can get into the front row of one of those sections. The best cheap seats in the city.

bryehn

Jays signed McGowan for 2 more years + an option

Hope they trade Snider while he's still worth something. I really think he could be a great player if given the chance, but at the same time it's clear that Thames has him outclassed.

Quoted basically as a Jays talking point I guess. Also, community sucks.

The most disturbing thing about that poll is that 33% of NY voted for Jeter.

The only plausible explanation is that captmcblack set-up 3,000 different ips and voted 3,000 times, now that he has much more time on his hands while banned.

Brewers and Jonathan Lucroy have agreed on a 5-year extension. Might be announced today.

Think this is a smart move for crew. They've been in need for some catching for years and Lucroy plays solid back there with handling the staff. Won't wow anyone with power, but is a good contact hitter who became a little more patient at the plate towards the end of last season.

Think this is a smart move for crew. They've been in need for some catching for years and Lucroy plays solid back there with handling the staff. Won't wow anyone with power, but is a good contact hitter who became a little more patient at the plate towards the end of last season.

I don't have a problem with this at all. The Brewers have seen some dark days at C, so maintaining long-term stability there will be nice.

newjeruse

I can't believe Jeff Francis is still in the league

I thought there was no way Francis wouldn't be a star in the league after his 2004 minor league season. As dominant a minor league season as I can remember. To be fair, his 2006 and 2007 seasons indicate he was heading towards being at least a very good pitcher. In 2008 he got hurt, had shoulder surgery, and has obviously never been the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom