• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozeman

I'm just hoping the Cards made enough money on Rally Squirrel merchandise to pay Pujols.

Of course, that's not the only problem. Does Furcal come back? Is Ryan Theriot really the answer at either middle infield position? Yeah, our best pitcher didn't throw a single pitch this season, but out of the evils of Lohse, Jackson, and Westbrook which two do you keep? Will Berkman even come close to delivering as well as he did this year? Is Jay the answer everyday in center?

The Champs have some issues. It's easy to be wowed by a historic, unbelievable run, but on August 24th every member of Cardinal Nation was wondering how to dismantle this team.

bozeman said:
Of course, that's not the only problem. Does Furcal come back? Is Ryan Theriot really the answer at either middle infield position? Yeah, our best pitcher didn't throw a single pitch this season, but out of the evils of Lohse, Jackson, and Westbrook which two do you keep? Will Berkman even come close to delivering as well as he did this year? Is Jay the answer everyday in center?
Offer Jackson arb and let him walk. I can't imagine a Boras client accepting arb. I doubt we'll be able to move Lohse or Westbrook unless somebody really needs starting pitching and misses out on the FA pitchers (aside from CC and Oswalt, who else is available this offseason?).

Berkman will likely regress but hopefully not too much. I'm a bit concerned about Jay since he sucked later in the season and struggled down the stretch last year too after the Ludwick trade. Is he not starting lineup material and got overexposed? Is it a conditioning issue?

We're probably playing musical chairs in the middle infield for the Nth year unless Pujols doesn't come back and we have extra money to spend. Maybe ownership will surprise us by bumping up payroll for a year to afford both Furcal and Pujols. I believe we have a fair amount of $$$ coming off the books after next season.

eznark

Banned
cashman said:
I for one enjoy watching baseball with an automatic out in the line up.

Come one, Andrus wasn't that bad.

How disappointing but I figured he would have given it up sooner so still good for him. Tony La Russa is the only person in baseball that I know of who is still a vegetarian then.

Eating like a twat somehow makes you a better person? He might drive drunk and endanger the lives of hundreds, but at least he doesn't eat meat!

what does it take to call myself a yankees fan? i suffered through the roberto kelly/mell hall/jesse barfield teams as a kid, and now i go to a third of each season (split season tickets three ways) but i know it takes a lot to be considered an actual yankees fan. what do i have to do, get a tattoo?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
arglebargle said:
what does it take to call myself a yankees fan? i suffered through the roberto kelly/mell hall/jesse barfield teams as a kid, and now i go to a third of each season (split season tickets three ways) but i know it takes a lot to be considered an actual yankees fan. what do i have to do, get a tattoo?
sell your soul

Windu said:
sell your soul

if you could make a deal with the devil that the Braves would win the World Series in 2013, but in return Chipper Jones signs with the Yankees next season, plays DH, hits .350 with 35 home runs and retires in NY with a title, would you do it?

Windu said:
sell your soul

i meant in terms of on this board. i see people come on and claim a team and get vilified, im just wondering what a new member should do to prove he is actually a fan. please note, i waited until the season in which i got my membership was over (and the yankees didnt win) to post in an MLB OT

arglebargle said:
i meant in terms of on this board. i see people come on and claim a team and get vilified, im just wondering what a new member should do to prove he is actually a fan. please note, i waited until the season in which i got my membership was over (and the yankees didnt win) to post in an MLB OT

they do that with me and the mets man.

oh as for mets plans:

trade wright for Placido Polanco and Dom Brown
trade Jose Reyes to Red Sox for John Lackey + Daniel Nava
Brandon Inge at Short.
Nick Punto at Second.

Championship.

arglebargle said:

You want to roll with the Council, son?

You gotta post here with us.

Regularly.

Win or lose.

You should probably take care to troll the Mets and Red Sox fanbases casually - not mercilessly, but casually.
You should probably learn what #6org means, and why it's important for this thread.

But most importantly, you gotta post here.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Joe Nathan wants to win a championship:

"The dollars are kind of on the back burner,'' he said. "It's all about winning right now. Where I'm at in my career, I just want to be on a club that has a chance to go to the postseason and have a chance to pitch in big games.''

Joe Nathan wants to play for the Mets:

On a day when Joe Nathan affirmed his connection to Stony Brook University at the dedication ceremony for the $1.3 million baseball field that bears his name, the Twins' closer said the Mets "are going to be on my radar'' when the free-agent market opens to all teams Thursday.

Come on Joe, make up your mind!

h3ro

v1xEj.jpg

Yanquis beisbol.

Let's sign Fielder and Pooholes.

If the Mets could have Joe Nathan cheap, why not kick the tires? He can't be any more finished that Isringhausen...who, it turned out, wasn't exactly finished at all!

arglebargle said:

Welcome and congratulations! Your Council membership ring and smugArod.gif should arrive in the mail in two to four weeks.

RBH

Ninja Scooter said:
if you could make a deal with the devil that the Braves would win the World Series in 2013, but in return Chipper Jones signs with the Yankees next season, plays DH, hits .350 with 35 home runs and retires in NY with a title, would you do it?
Maybe.

Windu

Ninja Scooter said:
probably...

I have already had to see justice and andruw in yankee uniforms, glavine as a met and smoltz as a cardinal. It couldnt be that much worse..

Windu said:
probably...

I have already had to see justice and andruw in yankee uniforms, glavine as a met and smoltz as a cardinal. It couldnt be that much worse..

ok what if after winning the title, Chipper rides around Yankee stadium on a horse, AND he wears a Yankee cap into the Hall of Fame. Still do it?

Ninja Scooter said:
That's where Votto is going to be.
i don't think joey can play in that market cuz he's still battling depression and staying in ohio is self inflicted punishment and everyone in the reds org are enablers.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
i don't think joey can play in that market cuz he's still battling depression and staying in ohio is self inflicted punishment and everyone in the reds org are enablers.

When has that stopped the Yankees before? They are going to put Votto in right, Prince in Center and Hanley Ramirez in left.

Ninja Scooter said:
When has that stopped the Yankees before? They are going to put Votto in right, Prince in Center and Hanley Ramirez in left.

A sight I would love to see. Prince running back to the wall only to trip over his feet and flop to the ground.

Windu

Ninja Scooter said:
ok what if after winning the title, Chipper rides around Yankee stadium on a horse, AND he wears a Yankee cap into the Hall of Fame. Still do it?
So is that what sanjuro did? Sold his soul for the 2004/2007 red sox?

i'd still probably do it, i could always break into the mlb archives and destroy the footage and burn the hall of fame to the ground after all.

captmcblack said:
You want to roll with the Council, son?

You gotta post here with us.

Regularly.

Win or lose.

You should probably take care to troll the Mets and Red Sox fanbases casually - not mercilessly, but casually.
You should probably learn what #6org means, and why it's important for this thread.

But most importantly, you gotta post here.

so if i know my fangraphs a little, #6org is a reference to overrating the mariners organization.

i can post regularly. during the season im at a third of the yankees home games, so i probably would only occasionally post from my phone while at the stadium.

trolling mets fans is easy, i do that in my day to day life. red sox are a little tougher since they seem quick to punch me, but i can try to moderate my trolling.

ive seen you in some of the nyc threads, you are from brooklyn, no? i was born on staten island, but have been on the upper east side of manhattan for a while.

arglebargle said:
so if i know my fangraphs a little, #6org is a reference to overrating the mariners organization.

i can post regularly. during the season im at a third of the yankees home games, so i probably would only occasionally post from my phone while at the stadium.

trolling mets fans is easy, i do that in my day to day life. red sox are a little tougher since they seem quick to punch me, but i can try to moderate my trolling.

ive seen you in some of the nyc threads, you are from brooklyn, no? i was born on staten island, but have been on the upper east side of manhattan for a while.

Yep, I'm one of crooklyn's finest - welcome to the thread.

Don't worry about trolling Sox fans...after this season, we'll always have Sanjuro's wall.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Windu said:
sell your soul
Yankees fans don't have souls.
Ninja Scooter said:
Hell no.

Well, maybe.

Binx

Ninja Scooter said:
You've dreamt up a particularly hellish Hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom