• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full Article:

The reason LF is so shallow is because of seating, if look like they tryin gto bring back the picnic area of sorts. Finally I can continue my intense heckling in LF once again:

of_wall_left_field_seating_600x225.jpg

of_wall_left_seat_render_600x289.jpg

I REALLY like the new Outdoor area in the Mo Zone.

LJ11

eznark said:
Has anyone put up a fly distribution chart against the new dimensions yet? All else equal, how many more bombs would have gone out last year?

Wright alone would have hit 4 more to LF, maybe one to RF, and not making it up. All season long, whenever Wright would hit one off the top of the wall in LF I marked it down. If a ball was caught near the 415 gap, marked it down. 4 definitely to LF, probably one to RF as well, had one caught right near the MoZone as well but I don't think that's changing much.

eznark said:
Has anyone put up a fly distribution chart against the new dimensions yet? All else equal, how many more bombs would have gone out last year?
I'm looking for a HR chart for this year. I should-
LJ11 said:
Wright alone would have hit 4 more to LF, maybe one to RF, and not making it up. All season long, whenever Wright would hit one off the top of the wall in LF I marked it down. If a ball was caught near the 415 gap, marked it down. 4 definitely to LF.
... yikes

LJ11

The first pic didn't really show the changes to the MoZone, but when you look on the website they pretty much blew it the fuck up. Thank god.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
clemenx said:
Left field seems generous. David Wright in mind no doubt. Thank god for no MoZone. Worst idea ever.

Considering they're looking at trading Wright, that's probably not the case.

MoZone was disgusting though.

LJ11 said:
The first pic didn't really show the changes to the MoZone, but when you look on the website they pretty much blew it the fuck up. Thank god.
darkside31337 said:
Considering they're looking at trading Wright, that's probably not the case.

MoZone was disgusting though.
of_wall_modells_render_600x306.jpg

Let's not confuse the Mo Zone nook with the actual Mo Zone. Few of my friends who went there loved it.

I would have been cool with just getting rid of the Mozone, but I'm happy about the wall color change. Weee, actual Mets colors in the stadium!

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I thought the blue walls would clash with the green seats but I have to say I like the blue/black wall combo.

of_wall_left_seat_render_600x289.jpg

I could do without the glass stairwells tho. They have them in the upper deck and they really obstruct the view of the field if you sit in front of them.

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
There aren't enough :jnc's in the world for Braun even being nominated for a GG.

And Holliday couldn't even throw the ball overhand to the infield for a good month!

Gold Glove award is quickly becoming as meaningless as the Hall of Fame.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Frankman said:
J.J. Hardy at SS...
Brian McCann at C...
Daniel Descalso at 3rd...

yeah, I'm going to bang my head against the wall for a few minutes.

JJ Hardy deserves to be nominated the award.

What are you talking about?

Gold Glove used to mean awesome/amazing. Guys like Ozzie Smith, Vizquel get Gold Gloves.

I may be thinking of the "old days", but if you're ok or pretty decent you don't get a Gold Glove.

The Frankman said:
Gold Glove used to mean awesome/amazing. Guys like Ozzie Smith, Vizquel get Gold Gloves.

I may be thinking of the "old days", but if you're ok or pretty decent you don't get a Gold Glove.
Derek Jeter has 5 Gold Gloves. It's over, Frank.

But yeah, what hemtae said.

hemtae

The Frankman said:

J.J. Hardy is like 2nd in UZR. He being a finalist isn't something to bitch about.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
also, Braun was nomiated while Heyward was not. That is how much of a joke this award is. If only Heyward hit a few more Home Runs.

Seeing Brian McCann's name as one of the Gold Glove candidates made me spit my drink out. I'll be the first guy to admit his defense behind the plate is not even close to average. He'll be converted to a 1B in a few years.

eznark

Banned
Windu said:
also, Braun was nomiated while Heyward was not. That is how much of a joke this award is. If only Heyward hit a few more Home Runs.
Back ups shouldn't be nominated no matter how good they do in their limited role.

Molina has Gold Glove on lock.

Also, sorry I'm late, but La Russa retired? What the hell man, you're less than a season away from being number 2 all-time on the managerial win list! I guess he doesn't give a shit, so, more power to him.

For some reason, La Russa gone lowers my confidence for keeping Pujols. Also, I'll truly miss the crazy shit La Russa did over the years.

EDIT: Also, Oquendo for manager or fuck everyone.

Doytch

This year's Fielding Bible Award winners: Mark Buehrle, Matt Wieters, Albert Pujols, Dustin Pedroia, Troy Tulowitzki, Adrián Beltré, Brett Gardner, Austin Jackson, Justin Upton.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
This year's Fielding Bible Award winners: Mark Buehrle, Matt Wieters, Albert Pujols, Dustin Pedroia, Troy Tulowitzki, Adrián Beltré, Brett Gardner, Austin Jackson, Justin Upton.

The only Yankee who is good enough to be in the bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom