• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

A shame if Juan Lagares doesn't play CF everyday. That boy can play out there! His offense needs work but man his defense is something. Looks like Dillon Gee may be the opening day starter for the Metropolitans.

Parch

I like Jailbait's team. Plenty of potential there but I don't like punting a category.
Hard to tell which team looks the best right now. Everybody has a hole somewhere. Everybody is strong in some cats and weak in others. That's why we play the games in head to head.

Parch

Looks like Dillon Gee may be the opening day starter for the Metropolitans.
Breakout year for Gee? Probably not, but I could see improvement. I'd give the breakout tag to Wheeler.
Mets are interesting. They can't possibly be as bad as last year could they? That big cavernous hole at first base is sad. Gotta get some production from that position.

BFIB

Breakout year for Gee? Probably not, but I could see improvement. I'd give the breakout tag to Wheeler.
Mets are interesting. They can't possibly be as bad as last year could they? That big cavernous hole at first base is sad. Gotta get some production from that position.

A few years back, I mentioned how the Mets should the surprise team in either the Pujols, or Fielder sweepstakes. I was then reminded from Frankman that Ike Davis will put up similar production at a much cheaper price.

Yup:

779a862a9fcc11e3a03d123d3cfc7775_8_3t8pdjcd_l1tubxlv.jpg

redbirds_egyptian_9ecerzga_7t1vgtys.jpg

God bless em.
Where's the hieroglyphics cap though?

Good question, that's all they had in the post. I really want to see the hats for those and the Ghostbusters.

Also, how has no one done the obvious and made Batman jerseys?

Macattk15

Had the 3rd pick in my draft.

Offense:
Ramos, Wilson
Abreu, Jose
Kipnis, Jason
Longoria, Evan
Miller, Brad
Bruce, Jay
McCutchen, Andrew
Stanton, Giancarlo
Heyward, Jason
Jennings, Desmond

Pitchers:

Bumgarner, Madison
Cain, Matt
Cashner, Andrew
Cueto, Johnny
Lester, Jon
Holland, Greg
Perkins, Glen
Archer, Chris
Nova, Ivan
Quintana, Jose

Brad Miller.

My man. I think people are going to be surprised by him. He added like 15 pounds of muscle in the offseason .... built like friggen Tulowitski now. I could see him putting up offensive numbers like Jason Kipnis at SS.

Platoon Davis and Satin. Better than last year. I think SS is a bigger hole. Tejada isn't a starting SS.

Sanjuro

Aw yis. It's almost here.

Listening to Jackie Bradley Jr. whining, boiling my ball cap, eating a hot dog with mustard.

almosssstttthereeee

I like Jailbait's team. Plenty of potential there but I don't like punting a category.
Hard to tell which team looks the best right now. Everybody has a hole somewhere. Everybody is strong in some cats and weak in others. That's why we play the games in head to head.

I'm pretty happy with my draft...I agree though it's a huge risk right now to not have a single closer...I'm hoping Street or Axford fails so Benoit and Allen get their chance...same with Houston...hoping my man Crain gets healthy soon so he can steal the closer role there...

Macattk15

I'm callin it now. Ackley will have a good offensive season. Smoak will still suck. Same with Logan Morrison. Brad Miller will be awesome. Corey Hart will not be close to what he formerly was. Zunino will be average.

Friggz

Brad Miller.

My man. I think people are going to be surprised by him. He added like 15 pounds of muscle in the offseason .... built like friggen Tulowitski now. I could see him putting up offensive numbers like Jason Kipnis at SS.

i really have high hopes for him as hes my starting short stop. I skipped over a few guys that are more proven (hardy, etc) becuase im trying to buy into his upset. I picked up miller in the 18th round keeping my eye on him the entire draft. hope he rewards me.

rando14

I'm callin it now. Ackley will have a good offensive season. Smoak will still suck. Same with Logan Morrison. Brad Miller will be awesome. Corey Hart will not be close to what he formerly was. Zunino will be average.

Hmmm yes this sounds about right to me

i really have high hopes for him as hes my starting short stop. I skipped over a few guys that are more proven (hardy, etc) becuase im trying to buy into his upset. I picked up miller in the 18th round keeping my eye on him the entire draft. hope he rewards me.

Probably the only league I am in where I don't have Miller...would have taken him much earlier in the draft but fell into Segura/Tulo/Hill...I think he is going to have a monster year...drafted him 2 years ago (Segura as well a few years ago) in one my leagues I am in where we have minor league systems...

Top Bottom