• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Macattk15

God damn. Brad Miller hitting .367 and has hit 4 bombs in ST so far.

Thank god I don't have to suffer through Brendan Ryan anymore.

Doogdogg

So there is baseball on Foxsports 1 starting this year? Who the heck watches that network? Seems certain FOX saturday games are moved there.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'm pretty sure the best thing that's going to happen this season for the Twins happened tonight.

ibbFzNp8rgAlzP.gif

lupinko

Can't wait for opening day, which happens to be on my birthday!

Since I moved out of the country I'm interested in the mlb app, how is it for Yankees' games? I'm in Japan so I don't know if there will be blocks or whatever.

Same city where Tanaka played before too.

cashman

Banned
Can't wait for opening day, which happens to be on my birthday!

Since I moved out of the country I'm interested in the mlb app, how is it for Yankees' games? I'm in Japan so I don't know if there will be blocks or whatever.

Same city where Tanaka played before too.

iirc the blackout rules don't apply overseas so it should work fine!

lupinko

iirc the blackout rules don't apply overseas so it should work fine!

Thanks, and I looked into it more and MLB has two versions, reg and premium, anyone on gaf using this service? I'd use it at home on an ipad or my laptop through monitor as I have 1Gbps fiber optic.

Yu Darvish vs. Cliff Lee to open the season this year! WOOOOT!

I got Darvish pegged for 20+ wins this season, 280+ K's and a sub 2.0 ERA. Cy Young incoming.

So far in ST he seems to be challenging hitters to swing at the fastball and commanding it better. I swear, if he starts dominating with a fastball early in counts and forcing hitters to swing at everything, he could have 300+ K's this season. Watching him pitch with a commanding fastball is just a joy to behold. Like the game against the Angels when he was flinging 98MPH fastballs down Trouts throat followed by 63mph curves and shit to Pujols. Everyone just looked completely lost.

So there is baseball on Foxsports 1 starting this year? Who the heck watches that network? Seems certain FOX saturday games are moved there.
Yea. This year Fox will show Saturday games all season. Only a few weeks of games will be shown on broadcast TV. Most games will be on cable.

Parch

Rickey Romero sent to the minors. I think the Blue Jays can finally stick a fork in him, but they'll probably be desperate for pitching sometime this year.

Greg Zaun said in a podcast that Romero was ruined by Twitter. All the hate got in his head. He was one of those coddled kids who couldn't handle the criticism when he put on the big boy pants.

Major leaguers should ignore Twitter. Some jackass in his momma's basement who gets his jollies flaming is not a "follower" that is going to do them any good.

Strider

Thanks, and I looked into it more and MLB has two versions, reg and premium, anyone on gaf using this service? I'd use it at home on an ipad or my laptop through monitor as I have 1Gbps fiber optic.

This will be my third year using MLB.tv and I love it.

The picture quality is great and the extra features built into the ipad app and desktop browser such as box scores and Pitch F/x are really nice as well.

Edit: Oh and I'd recommend the premium in your case. I think it's $20 more? but it comes with the Ipad app and your choice of home and away feeds. If your gonna be watching Yankees games this will let you watch the YES netwrok even if they aren't playing at home.

Parch

Yahoo NEOGAF Baseball League live draft is tonight! 7 PM ET

Where we separate the men from the boys.
Where we separate the icecream from the jailbait.
Where yu can't handle the Serious Fox.
Where RYU Lath Attacks the Enigma Sinistar with True Blue Anti-PED Liquid Stardust.

OK, I'll stop. Now I'm just trying too hard.

Sanjuro

I need to join a fantasy league. I've never done fantasy baseball.

I don't like fantasy sports a great deal.

I tried baseball once a few years back, I think out of all of them it was the most enjoyable. Reason being is when it comes to football, the stats make no sense. Baseball is a more individual sport and I have no problems seeing random players produce to help my team win.

In short, it's a nice time waster.

Parch

Baseball is such a statistical sport. Fantasy baseball is just extending that stat interest. I find fantasy sports helps me enjoy watching the games more, especially when your favorite team isn't winning. I've been doing fantasy baseball and hockey for decades.

Fantasy football is at a whole different level because of the gambling interest. The amount of statistical analysis is mind boggling.

Rickey Romero sent to the minors. I think the Blue Jays can finally stick a fork in him, but they'll probably be desperate for pitching sometime this year.

Greg Zaun said in a podcast that Romero was ruined by Twitter. All the hate got in his head. He was one of those coddled kids who couldn't handle the criticism when he put on the big boy pants.

Major leaguers should ignore Twitter. Some jackass in his momma's basement who gets his jollies flaming is not a "follower" that is going to do them any good.

That's just a poor excuse. I'm not saying he wasn't given a hard time on Twitter, but considering all the negativity I'm sure he was exposed to -- and presumably ignored -- on his way up to the majors, it'd be pretty pathetic if he suddenly let a bunch of anonymous trolls get to him. Besides, it's not as if Twitter is what makes him start throwing pitches all over the place as soon as the slightest things started going wrong -- that's all on him.

Also, he wasn't ever that good to begin with. He drastically performed his peripherals in supposed breakout year 2011 (in particular, check out his FIP and his O-Swing% from 2011), and it's pretty clear that the main reason he was successful for as long as he was is that opposing managers didn't notice his extreme reverse splits. It'd be great if he could somehow come back, because the state of the Jays rotation is pathetic, but I can't see it happening.

zulux21

Still not sure why the Australian games have to be regular season and not exhibition games.

I figure it's some sort of token gesture to appease places around the world... since the playoffs kind of end with a "world" series that only could include teams from north america.

Enron

Banned
Don't forget guys, Parch's league drafts in 25 minutes! Where I shall defend one of my TWO 2013 mlbGAF fantasy titles!

Top Bottom