• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Enron

Banned
You heard it here first. Strasburg has been Cygnus'd. Cygnus using his powers for good for a change!

Are you kidding? It'll just backfire!

It's hard to say because a lot of guys who get two TJs don't complete their rehab, opting for retirement instead.

Medlen is toast, sad to say. He's done as a major league starting pitcher, and he's definitely done as a Brave.

Yes. You can make a list of players and auto-draft. The link is in the notes on the league page. I've had some good teams with Yahoo's auto-draft. It works pretty good.

What I'm saying is can I make it to where I don't end up with 11 outfielders and no catchers? ESPN lets me set limits for positions and when to draft a batter or a pitcher in a round. I can't find anything like that on Yahoo...

EDIT: Yahoo says they can't do that. That blows.

Enron

Banned
What I'm saying is can I make it to where I don't end up with 11 outfielders and no catchers? ESPN lets me set limits for positions and when to draft a batter or a pitcher in a round. I can't find anything like that on Yahoo...

You dont want to do that anyways. just rank them, BPA. drop down all the injured guys. You will be ok, probably. If not, find a way to draft at work!

Sanjuro

Lol I had everything right originally. I had it as "A's Jarred Parker" and then I typed "Jarred" in Google. Everything spit back to me was "Jarred Cosart" so I thought I fucked up.

60s Batman logic.

Jarred...from the A's.

A's...as in A from Art.

Art....as in Art Howe.

Jarred Cosart!

Braves Postseason should-have-been hero Jose Constanza is hitting .364 this spring. Just sayin.

Remember Windu, you promised to never say anything bad about him ever again if he knocked in Elliot Johnson during Game 4 and he did it.

zulux21

mlb_d-bat_corndog_600x400.jpg

I think I would pay $10-$15 for that, $25 is a bit much.
sounds yummy though.

Parch

What Yahoo does is draft every active spot first. They'll fill every active roster spot before they pick bench spots. You can't get 11 stud outfielders and no catchers. It has to fill the active catcher spot before it starts picking bench outfielders.

It's not as good as ESPN but it's still a reasonable system as long as you don't submit some bizarro draft list where you've completely stacked one position. Your autodraft team is as good as your autodraft list.

I've been pretty happy with some autodraft teams. What usually happens is I get a lot of the top players I wanted, but I'm not thrilled with the bench picks. Those are the late round scrubs anyway so it's not a game killer.

Parch

These guys battling for rotation spots will get their shot. With all these injuries, triple-A is just a holding pen. A little more work in the minors is often the best case scenario anyway.

Corn dogs are gross. $25 for a corn dog is gross squared.

Macattk15

Iwakuma cleared to resume throwing today .... Taijuan has been throwing for a week now.

Hurray. Opposite direction than the Braves and A's!

Heard on the radio today the Rangers are seriously considering making Scheppers a starter. I guess they haven't learned from destroying Feliz and Ogando's arms some people are just meant to be closers / setup guys.

Sad thing is, Scheppers has a long history going back to the minors of not being able to handle the starter role and always got hurt being a starter. That is just brilliance right there.

Heard on the radio today the Rangers are seriously considering making Scheppers a starter. I guess they haven't learned from destroying Feliz and Ogando's arms some people are just meant to be closers / setup guys.

Sad thing is, Scheppers has a long history going back to the minors of not being able to handle the starter role and always got hurt being a starter. That is just brilliance right there.

I agree I like Scheppers but he's a stretch relief guy. He starts struggling hard after two innings.

Top Bottom