• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: MLG Anaheim Spring Championship 2013 - StarCraft II: HotS, LoL & CoD: Black Ops 2

SamuraiX-

Are the images in the OP not loading for anyone else is the problem just on my end?

Oh, and Smix is SO much better and more charismatic than that other translator stiff they have at the European events. Glad she's back.

antitrop

Livibee is absolutely adorable. I haven't seen her in at least like 2 years, since she was casting with her sister.

Watching MaximusBlack get his shit pushed in by Nony was especially entertaining.

If you enjoyed cannons, then tune into the NASL stream now. Weedamins is playing State, Bitterdam is casting.
I'm pissed I missed this. I haven't watched Weedamins stream in a long, long time.

HoodWinked

after hearing wheat talk about idra i went and looked at his twitter LOLOL

ZwrLgeb.jpg

antitrop

Cheese: The Tournament
Completely unsurprising based on the players.

MaximusBlack was of course going to be 100% cheese.
Bubbles has always been one of the most notoriously cheesy Protoss on all of NA GM ladder since 2010.
Livibee choosing to cheese a well-known pro is almost to be expected.

So, par for the course.

Catz vs Dragon is actually the first even match of the night that I've watched.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
~108,000 viewers on the LoL stream
~32,000 viewers on SC2

What the efffff

SC2 has been on a continuous downward trend for the past few years, while LoL has been going constantly upward.

Those LoL numbers are really low for an event of this caliber.

I just don't know how anyone can stand watching it. I don't play either of these games, but I find StarCraft far more interesting. Brood War even more so (RIP....)

SC2 has been on a continuous downward trend for the past few years, while LoL has been going constantly upward.

Erm, maybe you missed the numbers from the WCS tournaments?

Not arguing that LoL is growing to be huge but the numbers I've been seeing recently for SC2 have been pretty good.

edit: And like Aaron said. These are mostly bad matches with not great players. That doesn't pull big numbers.

Mystery

Popular SC2 players bring the viewers. This MLG doesn't have many big players.

I'm actually happier with the lineup in this MLG than most events. Most of my favorite players are the mid-tier NA players -- not because of their skill, but mostly just because of their personality, and I have a penchant to root for the underdogs.

Aaron

Erm, maybe you missed the numbers from the WCS tournaments?

Not arguing that LoL is growing to be huge but the numbers I've been seeing recently for SC2 have been pretty good.

edit: And like Aaron said. These are mostly bad matches with not great players. That doesn't pull big numbers.
Yeah. WCS EU has been getting 50k views across their channels for round of 32, but they've had players like MVP and Stephano. A big finals with popular players will break 100k easy. Also with the way Blizzard screwed over China, Starcraft isn't popular there, and isn't getting those viewers.

Opiate

I was under the impression that LoL and SC2 both pulled in more viewers than CoD. I guess that impression is wrong?

Edit: Yep, CoD running lowest viewership right now. Can someone explain why the CoD prize money is so high?

Edit 2: Oh, I see. That 400k is not for this particular event, and is for the whole team.

Aaron

Maybe Activision pitch in a little for the prize pot? They've done a number of things to promote it as an esport.

WARCOCK

Banned

I'm quite surprised that that many people want to watch NA teams play to begin with.

smh

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
basing this on what? those meaningless all-star matches?

Both territories blow compared to asia anyways at this point.
I don't see how All-Star matches were meaningless when it gives NA extra slots at worlds but okay. Asian League scene is overrated anyways outside of a few standout players.

WARCOCK

Banned
I don't see how All-Star matches were meaningless when it gives NA extra slots at worlds but okay. Asian League scene is overrated anyways outside of a few standout players.

Because they weren't even real teams, but instead combinations of the best players that don't have alot of experience playing together, and like you know...LoL is a team game? Okay? We'll see next time teams from both territories are tested i guess, but in recent history EU teams have raped NA teams.

http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Premier_Tournaments

Do your research, you should quickly notice the general Korea>EU>NA trend in tournaments where all territories are represented in 2012 and 2013. We haven't had a recent international tournament and i'll give NA the benefit of a doubt. Again we'll see.

Fuck man the downtime is fucking bad :/

Darryl

Banned
is twitch really the only place to stream this? i'm getting so many interrupts and i'm only streaming @ 360p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Premier_Tournaments

Do your research, you should quickly notice the general Korea>EU>NA trend in tournaments where all territories are represented in 2012 and 2013. We haven't had a recent international tournament and i'll give NA the benefit of a doubt. Again we'll see.
There are literally no real tournaments with crossover between EU and NA throughout this entire year. If you break down the teams statistically NA teams come out ahead of EU. The level of play is embarrassingly low in EU LCS. NA teams regularly pull in more viewers than EU so you're full of it either way.

Vaporak

I didn't realize this was going on this weekend, but looking over the OP there hardly seems to be anyone of note attending. Hopefully there'll be some good matches to watch later this weekend.

WARCOCK

Banned
There are literally no real tournaments with crossover between EU and NA throughout this entire year. If you break down the teams statistically NA teams come out ahead of EU. The level of play is embarrassingly low in EU LCS. NA teams regularly pull in more viewers than EU so you're full of it either way.

k, lol mah bad

Top Bottom