• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Vitor has struggled with wrestlers in the past. I think it's a good match-up even considering the rankings.

Well you gotta wonder if Anderson wasn't champ than would Vitor have the division on lock? He is clearly past his prime but "can" still easily finish anyone...hell i would like to see him back at 205 personally. He was way more vicious at that weight but that "can" also be because of his youth.

Sonnen would wrestle fuck Vitor into oblivion.

TheNatural

My Member!
Nah just saying, he's a 185 lb. fighter now unless something has changed. I wouldn't mind seeing it down the road, though.

I agree that the old guard fighting up-and-comers is a part of the game. BJ vs. Rory is a perfect example of that. Guys like Shogun should learn how to play ball.

Munoz vs. Victor would be interesting. Munoz would be wise to rely on his GNP. He hits hard, but Victor hits hard fast. Speed kills and that'd be a dangerous game to play.

Shogun took on Jones and got destroyed, don't think that was a problem lol. I would like to see him take on Gus next, we'll see if that happens.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The way Heel is disrespecting Pride legend and all over gentleman Mauricio Rua makes me think Ninja Scooter has hijacked his account.

I'd be down for Shogun vs Gus. I might be biased toward Shogun but he hits harder is faster and has more tools at his disposal....but let's see how he comes into battle. He looked pretty damn fat in the Hendo fight and lord knows what kind of damage that did to his chin. I still think Shogun takes it. I really havnt been that impressed with the Mauler, but I guess I can say that about most of the new blood at 205 sans Jones.

Heel

Vitor has struggled with wrestlers in the past. I think it's a good match-up even considering the rankings.

I think Weidman is the real deal and will beat Munoz, so I can see that fight developing once he's knocked down the ladder a bit.

The way Heel is disrespecting Pride legend and all over gentleman Mauricio Rua makes me think Ninja Scooter has hijacked his account.

lol I just think he should be accepting the fight with Glover. It's a great fight on paper and it's being held back because of Shogun or his management's selfish motives. Shogun vs. Gus is a fine replacement.

omggggggggggggggggggg i love ultimate fighting again

Riding that Celtics high, friend? So good.

TheNatural

My Member!
I think Weidman is the real deal and will beat Munoz, so I can see that fight developing once he's knocked down the ladder a bit.

lol I just think he should be accepting the fight with Glover. It's a great fight on paper and it's being held back because of Shogun or his management's selfish motives.

The reason why is no one know who the fuck this guy is, he's fought once in the UFC beating Kyle Kingsbury.

I don't mind him fighting up and comers, I'm not going to call him chicken though over "ducking" a guy with one UFC win.

Heel

The reason why is no one know who the fuck this guy is, he's fought once in the UFC beating Kyle Kingsbury.

I don't mind him fighting up and comers, I'm not going to call him chicken though over "ducking" a guy with one UFC win.

Why should mma legend shogun rua take a fight with an unknown glover?

Are we against seeing good fights or what? Let's not get caught up in names and realize Glover could very well put Shogun in a body bag. That's compelling enough for me. How long has this thread been complaining about the stagnation of the upper echelon of 205? Bones needs new bodies and this is an opportunity for someone to step up.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't know anything about Glover Teixeira but the inevitable derailment of his hype train will be pretty sweet. Shame on anyone trying to throw Pride legend Mauricio Rua under the bus.

Heel

I don't know anything about Glover Teixeira but the inevitable derailment of his hype train will be pretty sweet. Shame on anyone trying to throw Pride legend Mauricio Rua under the bus.

I dunno about hype train, but I can at least appreciate that Joe Silva can see a guy's career is on a timer. Glover isn't getting any better at this point and it's time to sink or swim, aka the Akiyama treatment.

It's a sad day when I question Shogun's budo spirit. His management should be fired, this is a PR nightmare.

Centurion

Banned
Glover Teixeira lost to Ed Herman, a middle weight. Yea it was early in his career, but still, it was a unanimous decision.

Glover Teixeira will be another can soon enough. Shogun had every right to turn that fight down, let's see him get two more wins over decent LHWs before shooting him up so quick.

Shogun after a win over Kingsbury? Cmon, that's just BS. They're trying to rush a new prospect at LHW.

Heel

The beauty of MMA is that no one is protected, no one is the golden boy. Being afraid to lose to a guy with no name is a shitty boxing mentality. Why are you defending this behavior? Matchmaking is up to the matchmaker in this sport, not the management or the fighter.

You guys are rediculous. It's clearly a competitive fight. The odds will reflect that.

Centurion

Banned
The beauty of MMA is that no one is protected, no one is the golden boy. Being afraid to lose to a guy with no name is a shitty boxing mentality. Why are you defending this behavior? Matchmaking is up to the matchmaker in this sport, not the management or the fighter.

You guys are rediculous. It's clearly a competitive fight. The odds will reflect that.

I'm all for up and comers earning their spot (Rory MacDonald). He hasn't, at all. Not a single notable win on his resume. A washed up Ricco Rodriquez and old as hell Marvin Eastman?

cmon now, it's not like there isn't a decent amount of middle of the road LHWs they could put him up against.

TheNatural

My Member!

It's not just no name, its no rep and no experience either. Why stop there? How about Shogun vs. I dunno .. Caio Magalhaes - he's on the prelims of this UFC on FX show Friday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caio_Magalhaes

So why not him? Why not, James Te-Huna? Why not Anthony Perosh?

The guy Texiera has one UFC fight. I think Shogun's earned the right to decline a guy like that on status.

Just because he's notable in your BadMMA circle jerk group doesn't mean anyone else wants to see it. We don't give a fuck he beat Ricco Rodriguez.

Heel

I'm all for up and comers earning their spot (ala Rory). He hasn't, at all. Not a single notable win on his resume. A washed up Ricco Rodriquez and old as hell Marvin Eastman?

cmon now, it's not like there isn't a decent amount of middle of the road LHWs they could put him up against.

What is this pay your dues bullshit? You earn your spot by beating those ranked above you. Rory? He fought Carlos Condit in his second fight homie. Who had he beaten?

Are you trying to say Glover vs. Shogun isn't a good fight on paper? Are you trying to say Shogun couldn't easily lose this fight?

iJCyWxyEspSgy.gif

It's not just no name, its no rep and no experience either. Why stop there? How about Shogun vs. I dunno .. Caio Magalhaes - he's on the prelims of this UFC on FX show Friday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caio_Magalhaes

So why not him? Why not, James Te-Huna? Why not Anthony Perosh?

The guy Texiera has one UFC fight. I think Shogun's earned the right to decline a guy like that on status.

Just because he's notable in your BadMMA circle jerk group doesn't mean anyone else wants to see it. We don't give a fuck he beat Ricco Rodriguez.

Thank god you aren't a matchmaker.

TheNatural

My Member!
What is this pay your dues bullshit? You earn your spot by beating those ranked above you. Rory? He fought Carlos Condit in his second fight homie. Who had he beaten?

Are you trying to say Glover vs. Shogun isn't a good fight on paper? Are you trying to say Shogun couldn't easily lose this fight?

iJCyWxyEspSgy.gif

And Condit was 1-1 with a loss to Kampmann in the UFC when he fought Rory. Safe to say they were basically on the same level at that point.

Centurion

Banned

iJCyWxyEspSgy.gif

It's a decent fight on paper, I don't hold it against Shogun for saying no.

Condit was 1-1 in the UFC before facing Rory who was 1-0.

Cmon son right back at ya!

TheNatural

My Member!

iJCyWxyEspSgy.gif

Thank god you aren't a matchmaker.

Thank God you aren't. Overwise you would be shooting every BadMMA Brazilian with a pulse to big match status. Whats next, Roger Gracie vs. Cain for #1 contender status?

iDut2cHyI99Ag.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I dunno about hype train, but I can at least appreciate that Joe Silva can see a guy's career is on a timer. Glover isn't getting any better at this point and it's time to sink or swim, aka the Akiyama treatment.

It's a sad day when I question Shogun's budo spirit. His management should be fired, this is a PR nightmare.

Come on, playa. This dude's biggest wins are Ricco and Kingsbu and people are talking like he's going to give Shogun the beating of his life. That's a hype train if there ever was one.

Heel

lol we're going to pretend Carlos and Rory were at the same point in their careers when they fought? Rory was given an opportunity to make a name for himself. What did Carlos have to gain from fighting Rory fucking MacDonald?

Thank God you aren't. Overwise you would be shooting every BadMMA Brazilian with a pulse to big match status. Whats next, Roger Gracie vs. Cain for #1 contender status?

Please, a little more hyperbole brah.

Heel

So are you guys complaining about the fight because you think Shogun will just run through Glover? I'm seriously confused why you guys are defending his position and putting him on a pedestal. He can definitely lose this fight and the odds will reflect that.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Conduit was a fringe top 20 fighting a fringe top 30 in Rory. Let's not pretend "WEC Welterweight Champion" was an accomplishment worth talking about. Rua is the number 3 or 4 fighter at 205 depending on how you view him and Rashad. It's not the same at all.

Heel

Hahahaha this page is gonna be so good if this fight gets made. Ignorance is bliss. Reminds me of yaco shitting on Overeem.

Heel

Now all I really want is for Shogun to get hauled off in a body bag. He'll definitely have a name for you Stans to recognize then.

i3m71.png

Glover tha Gawd comin' for the shell of Shogun. Get mad.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Look at your young men fighting
Look at your women crying
Look at your young men dying
The way they've always done before

Heel

Now I get it. You're all just like Shogun's management. It's not about whether or not it will be an entertaining fight, it's about Shogun the golden boy being reduced to nothing more than a name maker.

Gus or Glover, pick your poison. Your boy is about to get got.

Centurion

Banned
Now I get it. You're all just like Shogun's management. It's not about whether or not it will be an entertaining fight, it's about Shogun the golden boy being reduced to nothing more than a name maker.

Gus or Glover, pick your poison. Your boy is about to get got.

It must be hard to live up to your username, having to go against what you really feel over and over again. Is it hard to sleep at night?

Gus vs Shogun would be an awesome fight.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's not about whether he would win or lose or whether it would be a good fight. I just understand why a top 5 guy isn't all that too eager to fight a no-name "rookie".

Dan Henderson turned down numerous fights while waiting for Jones/Evans to play out and nobody said shit about it.

Heel

It must be hard to live up to your username, having to go against what you really feel over and over again. Is it hard to sleep at night?

Gus vs Shogun would be an awesome fight.

Just spitting the real. Prepare your excuses for Shogun's knees now.

Anyone with an eye for MMA can see Glover vs. Shogun is an exciting and competitive fight on paper. I'm sorry that you're ignorant of this fact? You like the Gus fight because he's been built more. I get it. He also got subbed by Mr. Wonderful in a matter of minutes.

It's not about whether he would win or lose or whether it would be a good fight. I just understand why a top 5 guy isn't all that too eager to fight a no-name "rookie".

Dan Henderson turned down numerous fights while waiting for Jones/Evans to play out and nobody said shit about it.

It's not about winning, losing or whether or not it'd be a good fight? What is it about then? Protecting your boy?

Dan is in line for a title fight, not coming off an L.

Centurion

Banned
Just spitting the real. Prepare your excuses for Shogun's knees now.

Anyone with an eye for MMA can see Glover vs. Shogun is an exciting and competitive fight on paper. I'm sorry that you're ignorant of this fact?

It's fun going in circles

iXS1wPmpwbywf.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's not about winning, losing or whether or not it'd be a good fight? What is it about then? Protecting your boy?

Dan is in line for a title fight, not coming off an L.

I'm not booking the fights. Just saying, if I'm Pride legend, former UFC Champion and all around A+ individual Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, I turn down the fight too because a win over Glover Teixeira does jack shit for me.

Heel

I'm not booking the fights. Just saying, if I'm Pride legend, former UFC Champion and all around A+ individual Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, I turn down the fight too because a win over Glover Teixeira does jack shit for me.

Are we fight fans or pretending we're Shogun? I dunno about you guys, but I'm down for any competitive and exciting fight on paper, regardless of perceived rankings. Glover can absolutely beat Shogun, that's all that matters to me as a fight fan. It's a good fight.

Would I be down to see him fight Gus? Absolutely.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm giving you perspective here and explaining why the Gawd Shogun doesn't care about Glover Teixeira and his numerous victories in Bitetti Combat MMA. As a fight fan, I only desire to see another hype train derailed by reality.

OT but I had heard there's a trailer of Prometheus with a spoiler and I guess I just saw it accidentally. Fuck, I hate that; I was only half paying attention, not enough to know what it was until I already saw it. Why do they do this? This is my biggest anticipated movie right now and I was trying to go in blind.

I have to agree with Heel on this. I used to hate seeing favorite legends fight new gen guys, especially when I don't really like the younger guy. Stann calling out Wand pissed me off.

But I got over it after this.

7FSvB.jpg

It doesn't get worse than seeing Leben ko Wand 2011. So emotionally I'm over it. Legends should continue to fight whoever makes sense at the time, regardless of whether that guy is shit compared to the legend's legacy. If they want to protect their records so much, they should retire.

Heel

I'm giving you perspective here and explaining why the Gawd Shogun doesn't care about Glover Teixeira and his numerous victories in Bitetti Combat MMA. As a fight fan, I only desire to see another hype train derailed by reality.

I'm just saying Shogun brings it and Glover brings it. It's an exciting fight stylistically and that's all I ask as a fight fan. They're both guys who will go out on their shield. This is a fight we should be excited for, not balk at. I really don't get it.

Would you rather named UFC veteran Ryan Bader try to wrestlefuck him instead?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I have to agree with Heel on this. I used to hate seeing favorite legends fight new gen guys, especially when I don't really like the younger guy. Stann calling out Wand pissed me off.

But I got over it after this.

7FSvB.jpg

It doesn't get worse than seeing Leben ko Wand 2011. So emotionally I'm over it. Legends should continue to fight whoever makes sense at the time, regardless of whether that guy is shit compared to the legend's legacy. If they want to protect their records so much, they should retire.

You really gotta bring THAT specific scenario up?

Top Bottom