• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

DKehoe

do you think conduit gets a ppv bonus? gsp will draw 800k. if conduit was headlining his own card he would do 200-300k buys.

I think I heard all headliners do, gives them incentive to go out and promote the show. The 800k/200k-300k buys comparison is exactly my point. GSP is a guaranteed ticket to a huge payday. I can understand someone wanting to pass on fighting guys like Kampmann, Ellenberger or Hendricks so that he can headline against the biggest draw in the company right now. Even discounting PPV percentage, fighting GSP makes you a much bigger star. The reason people care about Dan Hardy as much as they do (despite his losses) is that he fought GSP.

If he wants none of Diaz why did he agree to the rematch with him? The Condit hate on here is getting to ridiculous levels.

I don't hate Condit one bit. Just pointing out a fact.

Note: I don't hate any fighters at all. I actively root against some (ie Faber and Ortiz) but Condit isn't even part of that list.

Neither do I and I liked that fight. I was going crazy while watching it live.

Mak, can I get the recipe for the cheddar soup you're always talking about in IronGAF?

Neither do I and I liked that fight. I was going crazy while watching it live.

Mak, can I get the recipe for the cheddar soup you're always talking about in IronGAF?

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/wiscon...eese soup&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe

Use the ingredients but follow the instructions of the 'most helpful' comments ...

"I sweated the vegetables in the butter for about 10 minutes, added the flour, then cooked that another couple of minutes. Stirred the half and half in gradually, added the beer, chicken broth, mustards and Worcestershire sauce, brought it to a boil and simmered for about 10 minutes, stirring fairly constantly, until creamy and thickened. I removed it from the heat, then stirred in the cheese a little at a time until combined."

DKehoe

I don't hate Condit one bit. Just pointing out a fact.

Note: I don't hate any fighters at all. I actively root against some (ie Faber and Ortiz) but Condit isn't even part of that list.

I don't get it though, whats the fact? Like I said, if Condit wanted nothing to do with Diaz then why would he have agreed to a rematch?

I don't get it though, whats the fact? Like I said, if Condit wanted nothing to do with Diaz then why would he have agreed to a rematch?

The way I remember it Diaz wanted a rematch right away. Condit said no he's waiting for GSP. Diaz gets caught for weed and then Jackson says "Condit wanted a rematch all along". Maybe I'm wrong but thats how I remembered the time line.

I don't get the PPVs but I show up to the live events. Look for my shiney dome at UFC on FX 4 in 17 days!
I don't buy ppvs but I chip in $20 when my friend orders, and pay $10 to see it in bars sometimes. I've also paid $30 to stand in a high school gym watching local bruddas beef it out in a cage. Like guys who just started training and are 5' 6" 280 lbs 40% body fat. Thankfully they can keep their t-shirts on in amateur bouts.

I agree with and support my friend, bone.
Just dance around and run out the clock. Only 17k more posts till the next thread.

TheNatural

My Member!
The way I remember it Diaz wanted a rematch right away. Condit said no he's waiting for GSP. Diaz gets caught for weed and then Jackson says "Condit wanted a rematch all along". Maybe I'm wrong but thats how I remembered the time line.

No Dana was about to announce the fight, even did announce it on Twitter I believe, then the positive weed test was revealed like a day or two later. It was definitely accepted.

And the way I remember it, Diaz didn't want a rematch right away, he cried like a bitch after the fight and said he was going to retire because he didn't get his way in the decision with his one dimensional shit boxing style.

No Dana was about to announce the fight, even did announce it on Twitter I believe, then the positive weed test was revealed like a day or two later. It was definitely accepted.

And the way I remember it, Diaz didn't want a rematch right away, he cried like a bitch after the fight and said he was going to retire because he didn't get his way in the decision with his one dimensional shit boxing style.

My apologies, I was wrong then.

DKehoe

I think Condit initially turned it down to wait for GSP but when people were complaining about the decision he agreed to the rematch. Then Nick failed the drug test so Condit is going to wait for GSP now.
EDIT: Beaten because I forgot I left this tab open and hadn't clicked post

MjFrancis

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460699&page=16

the conduit backlash didn't start until months after the fight.
You're absolutely right. Everyone in that thread is head-over-heels in love with Condit. Not a single bitch or whine about him running away for five rounds. Nope. Not one.

It's a fight that tells you more about an MMA fan's prejudices than any other could hope to. Beyond that insight I'm more interested in watching PRIDE matches than bickering about the soap opera surrounding Diaz v. Condit.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ihkqpLZOq7WaX.jpg

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I don't get it, besides the meathead holding the controller horribly and the booth babe actually holding it right.

It's been a long E3.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
So was the Nintendo conference bad as well trust worthy esteemed BadMMA colleagues?

The fucks up with that chicks face, she shouldn't be allowed to be happy.

yacobod

Banned
analogy time for the E3 crowd

PC gaming is to buying ppv's to watch the ultimate
as console gaming is to streaming pirated ultimate
as streaming tachi palace cards on sherdog is to iOS gaming.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Supporting a product that you claim to dislike is more like buying Black Ops 2, Halo 4 and Medal of Honor: Subtitle while complaining about the amount of shooters on the market.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I blame gamers and the gaming "journalism". We want to know too much and want to believe the many "rumours" the bullshit journalists spread and as a result get too excited. The inevitable soul crush comes after.

All in all I think E3 would have been pretty good if we hadn't know about everything weeks in advanced from "leaked" scans and shit.

Gaming journalism is cancer on life support with AIDS.

IT'LL BE BETTER NEXT YEAR THOUGH!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I havent cared about E3 since i was 15. Hell I barely care about games anymore. Someone wake me when next next gen gets here.

DKehoe

Telling that during the Sony press conference that one of the things that got the loudest applause was the audience being told they are all getting Playstation Plus free for a year. Very professional.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Telling that during the Sony press conference that one of the things that got the loudest applause was the audience being told they are all getting Playstation Plus free for a year. Very professional.

I think that was the plebs that were let in. All the media guys get all their shit for free anyways.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

People love free stuff. PS+ is the best deal in gaming for a cheap gamer.

ShaneB

How the fuck do you end your conference with Nintendoland?! Rubbish.

Guess that saves me money to go towards my gaming pc.

yacobod

Banned
Yea but thats always been the case PC side. If you threw enough cash at the problem you could always stomp consoles (even if you have to deal with shitty ports).

honestly a midgrade PC + steam christmas and summer sales + diablo 3 will trump next gen on consoles.

TheNatural

My Member!
analogy time for the E3 crowd

PC gaming is to buying ppv's to watch the ultimate
as console gaming is to streaming pirated ultimate
as streaming tachi palace cards on sherdog is to iOS gaming.

You have PC and console gaming reversed. Especially since, you know, most people who know a lot about PC's do those things and you can buy overpriced PPV's on 360.

ShaneB

honestly a midgrade PC + steam christmas and summer sales + diablo 3 will trump next gen on consoles.

PC gaming is akin to wet shaving. Buy a nice razor and a nice kit for a decent upfront cost, but the blades are dirt cheap.

Console gaming is like disposable shaving, the razor is dirt cheap, and the blades cost an arm and a leg over the course of many years.

yacobod

Banned
Well WOW trumped everything. It will boil down to what you want after all.

friend i didn't know you played blizzards mmorpg?

PC gaming is akin to wet shaving. Buy a nice razor and a nice kit for a decent upfront cost, but the blades are dirt cheap.

have you switched to sophisticated shaving? i've been toying with the idea since I'm on my last cartridge. would your recommend the experience? y/n

ShaneB

have you switched to sophisticated shaving? i've been toying with the idea since I'm on my last cartridge. would your recommend the experience? y/n

I sure did. I love shaving now. I asked for help and inspired the Wet Shaving OT, go and read and embrace actually loving to shave. Like I said, I bought a nice starter kit, and just recently bought a sample pack of 50 blades for 20 bucks that will last me for a year if I keep up the pace of about 1 blade a week.

Also, WoW was good times, I miss my gnome Warrior.

TheNatural

My Member!
I think my life would be 95% less agitated if I just flat out stopped keeping up with MMA news, videogaming news, etc.

It's sad to see the stupid decisions of rich people destroy interests of the people. But hey, in positive news for both, Dana showing up to promote UFC going with EA was probably one of the top 5 announcements of SHIT-E-3.

yacobod

Banned
It's sad to see the stupid decisions of rich people destroy interests of the people.

Seeing as both videogames and mma are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things, I wanted to highlight this statement. How do you feel about the upcoming election friend?

TheNatural

My Member!
Seeing as both videogames and mma are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things, I wanted to highlight this statement. How do you feel about the upcoming election friend?

I would say companies are more significant than politics, since those people actually can control their decisions than ending in inevitable two party gridlock for decades. There's nothing more insignificant to argue about than politics. Oh, well maybe religion.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I love how we get Maynard vs Guida the day before Silva vs Franklin. Instead of combining both cards to make a still poor but it'll do UFC, we get two shitty cards one after another.

Can you tell me why the FX card is bad? It is free and there are four fights I'm excited for on the card.

The fact that gaming has been so bad this generation I can't imagine how much worse it will be next generation. RIP gaming. Its been a good run.

TheNatural

My Member!
The fact that gaming has been so bad this generation I can't imagine how much worse it will be next generation. RIP gaming. Its been a good run.

Part of me says when I think like this, "hey I'm just being the jaded cynic all people become as they get older and just have nostalgic love for the past."

Then I see with my eyes what things have become and can go back to the past to see what forms of entertainment once were, and see how much BETTER they were and it's not even close.

It's a problem when companies everywhere just seem to focus on integration, easier ways to watch, you can play your game while playing a game on your toilet while in the fridge type shit. That's great - but many people don't care because in the end it's just an alternative, not better. Same with all these "New" control methods. They're not control sticks or D-pads, they're not better, they're just different.

I guess life is probably great though if you're a shooter addict who likes C rate plots and interactive movies as a nice chunk of your "game."

Everyone else though, you're kinda fucked. Studios keep dying, sales keep dropping, publishers keep taking losses, so it can't just be nostalgia.

Lucky I got my cheapo Chinese PSX ripoff pad in, and emulators exist.

Top Bottom