• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

Buakaw Retires After He's Unable To Reach Agreement With Por. Pramuk

Buakaw then said that since both parties could not agree, & that the outstanding issue now lies with him alone, all problems should come to an end if he retires. His family & his first muaythai teacher had never asked for money, & he has already repaid their kindness in full. Therefore, he would like to retire from boxing from now on. He will not fight again, & will not try to register [as a boxer with the Board of Boxing Sport] again under a different name. On hearing this, Mr. Pramuk & his son Mr. Teeraphat (Au) burst into applause lasting many minutes.

The Deputy Governor of the SAT said that it is most regrettable that an agreement could not be reached, & that things had to end this way. He said that it is bad for Thailand's image that Mr. Pramuk & Mr. Teeraphat had clapped happily when Buakaw said that he would retire & not continue to fight & achieve success for the nation.

Mr. Pramuk retorted that he had clapped for joy not because Buakaw will retire but because all the problems he has had with Buakaw since March will come to an end.

So scummy.

dream

Let me get this straight. The ultimate pro turned joe Roger Huerta is being a diva about fighting NYBA because NYBA lost a fight over the weekend? The same joeish Roger Huerta who was KO'd by the fucking War Machine?

yacobod

Banned
Let me get this straight. The ultimate pro turned joe Roger Huerta is being a diva about fighting NYBA because NYBA lost a fight over the weekend? The same joeish Roger Huerta who was KO'd by the fucking War Machine?

he scared.

and when did they announce ace franklin was fighting wand in place of vitor.

RBH

Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) announced today a licensing agreement with Zuffa, LLC, to produce and distribute videogames bearing its Ultimate Fighting Championship ® (UFC) brand. The new multi-year, multi-product partnership will provide EA the exclusive rights to develop UFC videogames, which will be developed and marketed under the EA SPORTS™ brand.

"We're thrilled to begin a long-term partnership that will bring fans incredibly authentic, and deeply connected, UFC videogames," said Andrew Wilson, EVP and Head of EA SPORTS. "UFC has become a global powerhouse because they have the world's best fighters, competing in the world's best mixed martial arts events. We share UFC's passion for the sport, and we look forward to capturing all of the intensity and excitement of the action with unique new game experiences across a range of platforms."

Zuffa has licensed to EA the UFC rights previously held by THQ, Inc. (THQI).

"We'd like to thank THQ for creating some of the most critically-acclaimed sports videogames of this console generation, and we're excited to enter a new relationship with EA that will help us deepen our connection with fighting fans around the world," said UFC President Dana White. "There's no one better at creating authentic sports videogames than EA SPORTS, and we're excited to have a partner who shares our vision of deep, connected and multi-platform global game experiences."

"We've relished our relationship with UFC over the last several years and believe that the UFC gaming brand is in great shape. THQ's more focused strategy moving forward meant that transferring the license to EA made sense to all parties," said THQ CEO Brian Farrell. "We'd like to thank the UFC for their great support and partnership and wish EA all the best moving forward."
http://www.4-traders.com/ELECTRONIC...r-Licensing-Agreement-With-Zuffa-LL-14356434/

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Remember this?

"EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport,'" White said. "'We wouldn't touch this thing. We want nothing to do with this.'"
"We put our asses on the line, THQ and the UFC, to make a video-game deal in the worst economy in the world," White said. "We go out there and do this thing, and it's successful, and now [expletive] EA Sports wants to do a video game. Really? That's not what you told us a year-and-a-half ago.

"I'm not tap-dancing around this thing or whatever," White said. "I'm telling you straight-up, I'm at war with them right now. That's how I look at it."

"You told us you'd never be in business with us. They wouldn't even take a meeting because mixed martial arts disgusted them. This wasn't a real sport. Boy, they got over that real quick, didn't they?"

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15490/ufc...esponsible-for-current-mma-video-game-war.mma

EA better not remove PRIDE mode. I think EA holds the rights to Fedor and Randy so MAAAAAAYBE we can see them in the game. I think they tried getting Fedor in for PRIDE mode in the last game but EA holds the rights.

Crosses fingers for playable Fedor in a UFC game.

yacobod

Banned
I never understood until now that I keep hearing about Pride mode. But it's too late for me, I've already forsaken video games.

ya i'm not in the target demo, i haven't console gamed in over 5 or 6 years.

and as far as legitimate stars the UFC has only 1 proven and considerable ppv draw, and he's been out of action for 14+ months.

TheNatural

My Member!

After winning gold at the World Jiu-Jitsu Championship, Ronda Rousey was called out by none other than suspended Strikeforce fighter Cris Cyborg. Cyborg took to Twitter, posting an alleged photoshopped image of Gina Carano looking bloody and bruised. Following that post, Cyborg tweeted Rousey saying “You’re next Rousey: you have a d*ck, you d*ck”

Heel

I'm trying to convert blue chip prospect El_TigroX from MMA-GAF lurker to MMA-GAF poster.

The man hit the nail on the head. We need less Wrassle-GAF style doomsaying and get back to enjoying the fights, which have been great as of late.

Come forward, friend!

yacobod

Banned
Cyborg really trying to say that another woman has a penis? Really?

i think that was rousey's reply to cyborg, but maybe i read the statement wrong.

The man hit the nail on the head. We need less Wrassle-GAF style doomsaying and get back to enjoying the fights, which have been great as of late.

something is wrong with the ultimate when our good friend dream rather play diablo 3 than be in nerdchat watching the ultimate finale.

Heel

something is wrong with the ultimate when our good friend dream rather play diablo 3 than be in nerdchat watching the ultimate finale.

We both know our good friend dream is a master of gloom. Yes, the Ultimate sucks at developing draws and has saturated the brand. Even so, they're still putting on great fights, especially as of late. No need to be miserable like our Sports Entertainment brothers on the other side of the tracks. I mean, our cards are actually entertaining.

Can we just get back to enjoying MMA please?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

After winning gold at the World Jiu-Jitsu Championship, Ronda Rousey was called out by none other than suspended Strikeforce fighter Cris Cyborg. Cyborg took to Twitter, posting an alleged photoshopped image of Gina Carano looking bloody and bruised. Following that post, Cyborg tweeted Rousey saying “You’re next Rousey: you have a d*ck, you d*ck”
Whats the deal if she has a duck? Everyone loves ducks, check chinner for instance. Cool water fowl.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Jump in the "Edge reviews the MS Conference" and throw some zingers without fear.

I'm probably going to go see a doctor later because something that bad is bound to give me cancer.

QNeHk.jpg

John "Prince" Albert talks about the Kim Winslow's early stoppage ...

via mmamania

John Albert: Okay well I'll break it down pretty simple. I went for a triangle and transitioned to an armbar and my armbar slipped. He did a fancy topside kind of triangle which pinned me down and as soon as I tried to turn out, he went for the armbar which is perfect for him. He transitioned perfectly into it, but the thing about me is, I train all the time in armbar reverses and there's multiple armbar reverses. I was already working my way around. When they say he's got his belly to the mat, well that's the worst for him because he can't extend it any more. My arm is as straight as it can go and he can't straighten it out any more. I had already rotated my shoulder, put my thumb on the mat so like he couldn't break it even if he tried. He would literally have to keep rolling over.

So knowing that, I was trying to step over his body and yeah, I grunted. I said "Ungh!" but there's no verbal submission from that. I didn't physically tap. I didn't verbally say, "I quit," "stop" or "I tap." Those are the only things you can say to end a match. Just because you grunt, are you gonna stop a guy in the middle of a fight because he grunts for a takedown? I don't know how else to explain it. I grunted because I was trying to get out of the position. I had a free hand to tap. I am a professional fighter. I've had over 20 fights. I understand that it's better to save my limb than to get it broken and not be able to fight again. Live to fight another day. That's what we always say but I've been training too long and I understand the position, where and how my body works. [Kim] Winslow doesn't know how my body works. There were two more inches to bend before my stuff started hurting. There was absolutely nothing wrong during that position. My arm didn't hurt after that position. It's just a sad story, unlucky call.

I understand as a fan or as a ref, you're concerned for the fighter. You don't want to ever see a fighter get hurt. but the ref and fan didn't spend 12 or more weeks putting their heart and soul, blood, sweat and tears in the mats, in the training room and then putting their life on the line in that cage, you know? This is my livelihood. This is what I want to do full-time, putting forth full effort and I just want to go out there, do my best and win. To have someone stop that, make the decision for you, I think it's uncalled for. They didn't put the 12 weeks of training in. It's not like we're doing it for fun like, "Oh good call ref. I don't want to break my arm." I'm fighting for my life in there and if I decide to break my arm, it's my choice, not hers or his.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm trying to convert blue chip prospect El_TigroX from MMA-GAF lurker to MMA-GAF poster.

Come forward, friend!

You sports entertainment lovers started all this, fyi.

dream

Well, sien, the issue is context. I want my fights to have meaning. I'm sure every card has decent fights on a scrapping level but, without context, it's just two meaningless 125 lb midgets flailing away, working towards nothing, special only in their ubiquity.

Heel

Well, sien, the issue is context. I want my fights to have meaning. I'm sure every card has decent fights on a scrapping level but, without context, it's just two meaningless 125 lb midgets flailing away, working towards nothing, special only in their ubiquity.

I'm with you, friend, but I'm not gonna let that get in the way of my enjoyment of the core sport. It's just icing on the cake.

I mean, does the UFC paint a better picture than girlball yes or not.

dream

not. There is a purity to girlball because they are smaller and daintier than men, so they play a more technically sound game.

I recently saw someone describe the modern Ultimate as "2 guys comparing prescriptions."

And on that note, I also read that Nate the Great no longer requires TRT. What the hell? I thought low testosterone levels was a permanent thing. Is his body now mysteriously producing average levels of testosterone?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I think when you come off roids you produce a lot of oestrogen for a while. So maybe thats what the TRT was from, now his body might be fully recovered.... I dunno.

ShaneB

We both know our good friend dream is a master of gloom. Yes, the Ultimate sucks at developing draws and has saturated the brand. Even so, they're still putting on great fights, especially as of late. No need to be miserable like our Sports Entertainment brothers on the other side of the tracks. I mean, our cards are actually entertaining.

Can we just get back to enjoying MMA please?

I try to enjoy it. But this is all about the doom and gloom of bad mma and apparently even every card the ufc puts on is going to suck.

:( It's depressing man, the TUF finale was great!

What makes fights meaningful? Ranks and belts? Two top guys seeing who has the better strategy? Names?

For me I think knowing anything about the guys fighting helps a lot. I don't really care if it means anything in rankings or belts. Strategies is sometimes interesting to me, but I'm not literate enough in the topic to really get into it (call it tactics).

But I really just want to see a scrap. As the Voice recently quipped on Titan, HERE COMES THE VIOLENCE!

Top Bottom