• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 9: 7 more characters confirmed

TreIII

KAL2006 said:
The only decent characters post MK Trilogy were Quan Chi and Kenshi

I would also throw in Sareena. Another hot demon babe, who's got a stake in the subplot relating to the Sub-Zero Bros. (thanks to her involvement in Classic Sub Zero's side-game).

Beyond that, yeah...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Shadowlink said:

Cyrax-r.gif

Yes.

Big One

Banned
I always thought Bo Rai Cho was cool, then I actually played as him and got stupid shit like a puke and fart attack.

There's some decent characters post-Trilogy (Ashrah) but I agree Quan Chi and Kenshi are the best.

Vorg

Banned
I hate MK costume designs. They're always waaaay too elaborate to look any decent IMO. At least some simpler ones don't change much like Liu Kang and Kung Lao.

TreIII said:
I would also throw in Sareena. Another hot demon babe, who's got a stake in the subplot relating to the Sub-Zero Bros. (thanks to her involvement in Classic Sub Zero's side-game).

Beyond that, yeah...
Isn't Sareena in the background of the cinema in the trailer? Pay attention to the fight between Shao Kahn and Raiden.
I gotta add in Li Mei to the list of Post MKT characters. At least she was the one that could do combos easily IMO.

Emotions

Hopefully some post MK 3 characters will make the cut such as : Kenshi, Quan Chi, Mavado, Frost & Ashrah.
And some of the missing classic ones such as Sindel, Kabal , Sheeva and Jade.

sphinx

the piano man
If we are going to talk about old characters appearing, then I want:

Ashrah :)D like many other fans here) for starters. Reiko and Fujin were nice additions from MK4 as well. Sheeva would be awesome, she was MY character in UMK3.

NeonZ

Huh... "Flame"? New character accidentally confirmed? I hope it's just a mistake though, that name doesn't seem very inspired.

fernoca

:/
Should've posted this as a separate/new thread.

Posting the new info, on a thread that was originated from a magazine speculating some of the characters is going to cause some confusions.

Snaku said:
I really dislike lizard Reptile. He needs to be a ninja, dammit.
I figured he was always ninja lizard? I'm pretty sure he was lizard in MK2. I remember the fatality where he eats your head..or wait, am I confusing him with Chameleon?

lupinko

RustyNails said:
I figured he was always ninja lizard? I'm pretty sure he was lizard in MK2. I remember the fatality where he eats your head..or wait, am I confusing him with Chameleon?

No, you're right, Chameleon was a dude ninja in one version, I think the PSX MKT and Khameleon was a female ninja in the N64 MKT.

Or something like that.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
TreIII said:

Beyond that, yeah...

I'd also throw in the Vampire chick (Nitara?) and the Ken clone as worthwhile.

I remember when I was in though, buying deadly alliance, then throwing it away once I (note: I have the worst execution here of any of the FG players) figured out an infinite on my own in a day.

Snaku

Banned
RustyNails said:

Yeah, and Liu Kang turned into a dragon.

He's still much cooler looking as a ninja.

JimiNutz

Banned
Holy shit the damage on the characters looks awesome.
Look at Johnny Cage blood all over his head, hands, and torso, not to mention that juicy fucking Scorpion spear impaled in his chest!
YUM, this is the MK have been waiting for :D

knee

sphinx said:
I know everybody loves it but I hate.

classic fighter games have 30 playable characters, 26 of them all old as shit and do exactly the same moves with the same control mapping. Hardly a reason to get excited.

same was with street fighter 4. 4 my ass, 3 was new but 4 is 2 all over again just with a visual makeover and a couple new fighters.

I want new kickass characters!

I don't think you'd know Bo Rai Cho if he vomited in your face. :lol

Top Bottom