• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Controller Revealed

Torn. On one hand, I'm pretty sure this is the first and only next gen fight pad and I wouldn't mind retiring my CronusMax. On the other, I'd like the option of a d-pad even with the micro switch stick.

CD-pad.jpg

I'm sure the thousands of people who owned a NeoGeo AES and mostly played with one of these would speak otherwise.

If it works like this pad does, then I don't have an issue with it really.

Silky

Banned
Look at all of these people in this thread who have never seen a circle pad.

In my experience PDP pads are way better than MCZ pads (Markman pls) so I would buy one.

Vidpixel

My goodness, what's the deal with that design? It literally looks like they just threw on a few marketing designs and called it a day. The placement doesn't even make sense, nor is it dynamic in any way.

ElTopo

Banned
In my experience PDP pads are way better than MCZ pads (Markman pls) so I would buy one.

That's like saying it's better to get punched in the face by Mike Tyson in his prime then getting punched in the nuts by Tyson in his prime. Both options suck.

geomon

That's like saying it's better to get punched in the face by Mike Tyson in his prime then getting punched in the nuts by Tyson in his prime. Both options suck.

I'd rather get punched in the face. When I wake up, my face will hurt but at least my balls won't.

Karsha

Do people actually enjoy the 6 buttons layout on a pad? Might be that I have played fighting games on the playstation since forever now but i preffer the L1 R1 for stronger attacks, its kinda easier to combo too rather than run the fingers all over the pad

ElTopo

Banned
Do people actually enjoy the 6 buttons layout on a pad? Might be that I have played fighting games on the playstation since forever now but i preffer the L1 R1 for stronger attacks, its kinda easier to combo too rather than run the fingers all over the pad

If you play with your fingers on the buttons then 6 face buttons are a must. If you play with your thumbs on the buttons then you want good shoulder buttons for fierce normals and macros.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
You're missing that it's not an analog stick, and that this is just an updated version of a controller that PDP has been putting out since 2011 when they introduced it for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

so many uninformed reactions lol.

I haven't heard many great things about the 360 + ps3 counterparts, particularly the stick itself.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
It's an 8-way microswitched (clicky) thumbstick, similar to what the Neo Geo CD and Neo Geo Pocket Color had. Bit of an odd design, but perfectly suited to fighting games when you get used to it.

If it's from PDP, that thing's gonna break in a week.

MarkusRJR

If the controller was just standard black and not atrocious looking I'd be all over it, assuming it has a neo-geo esque stick and not an analog stick.

Eusis

If the controller was just standard black and not atrocious looking I'd be all over it, assuming it has a neo-geo esque stick and not an analog stick.
Unless they completely changed it from the 360/PS3 version it's absolutely got a Neo Geo esque stick. Unfortunately it's a shit knock off, so hopefully that gets completely overhauled into a good knock off.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'd rather get punched in the face. When I wake up, my face will hurt but at least my balls won't.

If prime Mike Tyson hit you as hard as he could in the balls there wouldn't be any balls left when you woke up...

Back on topic, controller looks pretty bad but they've got a good few months to work on it so hopefully it improves a bit by release.

ConceptX

The placement of the Dragon is killing me, seriously.

If the stick is mechanically sound, then the lack of d-pad isn't so bad, but it still just doesn't seem/look right.

I can't see it selling well honestly, as it's just a reskin of an average controller based on others comments/reviews.

alstein

If you want a good pad: Hori Fighting Commander 4.

If you play on a Microsoft system, you're screwed, much like you were screwed last gen for pads.

OmegaDL50

If you want a good pad: Hori Fighting Commander 4.

If you play on a Microsoft system, you're screwed, much like you were screwed last gen for pads.

Actually the Hori Pad EX2 was very good for fighting games on the 360, and I'm hoping a XB1 version eventually surfaces.

41ndT5igfDL.jpg

If that wasn't enough, there was always this

USBcontroller.jpg

Of course I don't foresee the Saturn pad being re-released for the XB1 or PS4, as the original company who was making the higher quality versions stopped production of them. Several other ones cropped up but with much cheaper plastic and buttons basically which made them not worth it.

Cynn

If someone's using a controller instead of a stick it's FOR the d-pad.

Seriously. Who designed this?

Veal

I don't know that much about fighting games, so what's up with the form?
The non isometric design makes me kind of freak out 0.o
It's meant so you can hold It and use the face buttons like arcade buttons. It works pretty well like that actually as the buttons are micro switched too. If the build quality it's better than last ones they made, it'll be a nice controller.

this is just a re-release of the PDP pad from mvsc3 and the controller was fantastic except mine fucked up over time. i hope the build quality is better but i have been waiting for a controller like this, especially on xbone. i'll buy it!

@MUWANdo

Banned
this is just a re-release of the PDP pad from mvsc3 and the controller was fantastic except mine fucked up over time. i hope the build quality is better but i have been waiting for a controller like this, especially on xbone. i'll buy it!

Click the video one post above yours.

SystemUser

I don't care about your 8-way clicky analog thumb. No D-pad in a fighting game controller is a disgrace.

The 8 way click means that it is not analog. If you have tried the Neo-Geo Pocket then you know that is is better than a d-pad for games that use digital. It is more accurate and makes special moves easier to pull off.

I guess they decided to remove the thumbstick. Probably a good decision since PDP couldn't reliably manufacture the thumbsticks.

shaowebb

Top Bottom