• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Controller Revealed

Elixist

gonna watch for reliability and impressions on the buttons, but i think im in for one for pc, could be great emu pad. should plug and play right?

shaowebb

AFYKS2l.jpg

Holy...is that a switch to let you change between 360 or XBONE?
Am I viewing a cross gen compatible fightpad? If so then wouldn't it be able straight out the box to be used on PC if I flip it to 360 setting and go in on some stuff?

Oh God this is so good. Microswitch 6 button pad with dpad and a toggle!? YES!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
D-Pad? 360/X1 cross-gen compatibility? Sweet, I'll sell my MadCatz fightpad and get this once it comes out, unless MadCatz has something up their sleeve (where is it MarkMan???)

@MUWANdo

Banned
D-Pad? 360/X1 cross-gen compatibility? Sweet, I'll sell my MadCatz fightpad and get this once it comes out, unless MadCatz has something up their sleeve (where is it MarkMan???)

He just mentioned they've been working on a cross-gen MS stick for a while and will have more to announce in the future.

If these pads are going for $20-40. I wouldn't complain at all. Thanks to pdp, we can now get FightSticks for these damn consoles at a much more affordable cost now.

The Cowboy

Liking the new version, but its very weird they put that 360/one switch on the front, it looks like they placed the start/back (menu/view) buttons on the top so the main control area is nice and clear, then they put the switch right in the middle bottom of the pad?. Considering how often the switch would be used, wouldn't it look better on the top aswell or even on the back out of the way?.

its a minor complaint granted, but it just seems strange to put the buttons you'd use more (start/back) at the top out of the way, and then put the switch you'd use not very often at all (just when changing systems) right on the front.

I'm skeptical about that D-pad. It seems to be such an easy thing for companies to fuck up. For MK though it seems like a more logical choice than any sort of circle pad or NEOGEO style pad.

Just give me a way to make SNES pads work on new systems and I'd be set.

vg260

Do people actually enjoy the 6 buttons layout on a pad? Might be that I have played fighting games on the playstation since forever now but i preffer the L1 R1 for stronger attacks, its kinda easier to combo too rather than run the fingers all over the pad

I used pads for ages, and yes. Something about the shoulder buttons for primary attacks in SF felt weird to me, still does.

I'm skeptical about that D-pad. It seems to be such an easy thing for companies to fuck up. For MK though it seems like a more logical choice than any sort of circle pad or NEOGEO style pad.

Just give me a way to make SNES pads work on new systems and I'd be set.

Yeah SNES is great, but Japan Saturn/US Version 2 is the best fighting D-pad ever assembled. Imo

Nearly had a heart attack and thought they finally announced a fight stick. Last two games they announced them in December. I REALLY hope they go 3x2 button layout this time. I know the 5 button layout is a series staple, but please, leave it in the past. These fight pads aren't too bad though, especially as a cheaper alternative.

Duxxy3

If the dpad is any good I'll get this to finally play killer instinct. Was not going to spend $200 for the TE2.

Yeah SNES is great, but Japan Saturn/US Version 2 is the best fighting D-pad ever assembled. Imo

i actually prefer the SNES dpad. And call me crazy, but the 4 face button/2 shoulder button layout too. I guess I just got used to it from playing the shit out of Street Fighter and MK on the SNES. It works especially well for MK I think, because you have your four attack buttons and then block (and run if you're playing MK3) on the shoulders.

The mold for that pelican "fightpad" getting put to use. It was pretty comfortable but companies should learn and just make copies of the Sega Saturn pad.

come in expecting this:

sfivgiveaway.jpg

...left dissapointed as fuck

Those pads were really horrible.

i actually prefer the SNES dpad. And call me crazy, but the 4 face button/2 shoulder button layout too. I guess I just got used to it from playing the shit out of Street Fighter and MK on the SNES. It works especially well for MK I think, because you have your four attack buttons and then block (and run if you're playing MK3) on the shoulders.

Yup you're crazy.

Cipherr

i actually prefer the SNES dpad. And call me crazy, but the 4 face button/2 shoulder button layout too. I guess I just got used to it from playing the shit out of Street Fighter and MK on the SNES.

Yep I'm the same way, but I'm near positive its because of the hundreds and hundreds of hours of Street Fighter 2 on SNES.

Duxxy3

That is not a pretty controller.

Pretty controllers are not always good. 360 controller looked like dogshit, but it was fantastic. Gamecube controller looked like something miyamoto designed while on acid, but it's still the most comfortable controller I've ever used.

XB1 controller is gorgeous, but the bumpers and analog sticks are a downgrade from the ugly 360 controller. Dualshock 4 looks hideous next to a dualshock 3, but performs much better.

I don't care how a controller looks when I have it in my hands, I just care about how well it works.

Duxxy3

Wat? What's more accurate and responsive than a clicker on the board? Membranes are a gamble when it comes to these third parties.

If memory serves the vita dpad is pretty clicky, but it also moved around a bit under your thumb. The XB1 dpad is very rigid. Too rigid IMO.

ShinAmano

So is this more like the non mad catz fightpad and more like the weird non symmetrical one they put out on 360? I guess I will stick with cronusmax and the 360 fightpad.

You may not have to. See my post above

but the point is that we want to keep using our custom made sticks on new systems. And buying a cheap 3rd party pad that we can solder in easy is the best option as it seems we are not getting last gen controller support.

(and that Skullgirls driver has not been implemented in any other game unfortunately)

Naked Lunch

The is awesome news - that d pad looks a lot more durable than the Street Fighter 360 pads. I got too used to using those SF pads that I went thru literally 5-6 of them last gen. I couldnt play the game without it - but the material used for the dpad just broke down. Amazing that its cross gen too.

Hori now has a Fighting Commander 4 out now that's compatible with both PS3 and PS4

main_f.jpg
I know thats an older post but thanks. Purchased. Been looking for a good 6 button Ps3/4 pad. I literally cannot play 2d games with sony's shitty dpad.

Top Bottom