• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ingame haven't tried the config option

never had any issues with the options in game :/

then again I wont be much help, the very little I played, the only problem I had was the game ran like shit in the character select screen for some reason lol

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck, playing against real people was a wake up call.

I don't think I am a fighting game player.. I don't think my hand-eye coordination and reactions are up to any kind of par..

ldcommando

Banned
Can someone explain to me how to pull off a brutality? Specifically Mileena's ball roll one, it says you need to connect 5 ball rolls and then for the final hit perform a ball roll and hold down.

Tried it a few times but nothing happened, maybe I'm misunderstanding what "connecting" means.

You have to actually hit your opponent with the specified move 5 times during the fight. (Or round,I don't remember this one)

TransTrender

Gold Member
Soooo...does the 'X' mean 10 or does it just mean 'X' as a generic term or a vague attempt at a slight rebranding? Knowing we're at the 10th installment of the series I just want to make sure.

Trickster

Soooo...does the 'X' mean 10 or does it just mean 'X' as a generic term or a vague attempt at a slight rebranding? Knowing we're at the 10th installment of the series I just want to make sure.

I mean, it's the roman numeral for 10, and by all intetions it's mortal kombat 10, so I just take it as meaning 10

They probably went with x instead of 10 because at some point it get's a bit silly if you keep having the series name with an increasing number behind it.

TransTrender

Gold Member
I mean, it's the roman numeral for 10, and by all intetions it's mortal kombat 10, so I just take it as meaning 10

They probably went with x instead of 10 because at some point it get's a bit silly if you keep having the series name with an increasing number behind it.
Yeah I haven't been following much of the gaming media about this game but I don't recall anyone actually saying "Mortal Kombat Ten."

Of course this is with my limited sample size.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm on my phone but it was posted on the MKX community on Steam. Apparently this massive patch only fixes some graphics issues (for better performance) and a glitch that makes replays take too much space.

frame rate on the character select screen (lol) seems much better, but theres still a odd annoying pause every time you move over to another character (no idea if the consoles also do that)

I cant speak for the matches because those were always steady 60 for me. Now, where were those costumes in the krypt so I can spend these 10k koins

SlickVic

This is probably a silly question, but what exactly does a hyphen or dash mean in a string of button inputs for a move/combo? I've seen it in combo lists online but also in the tutorial where one of the moves is listed as "Up - X" or "Diagonal - X". For example, for "Up -X", it feels like there's a very specific range in his jump of when to time pressing X, and also for "Up - X - A" or whatever it is in the tutorial you then have to make sure the opponent is in range while he's falling before entering that 3rd input, which I've found quite challenging.

I guess what I'm asking is if the Hyphen has some specific meaning like waiting a specific amount of time before entering the next input.

Oh wait a second, this is him just pulling off a fatality in arcade/story mode? Got it. I didn't realize CPUs do that.

I think that's the only time I ever saw the CPU do one. I lost to him several times before with different characters (though he's not very hard), and he always finished me off with regular moves...I wasn't sure that he even had a Fatality.

Manu

Anyone else can't see a price on this chest? PS4.

10609603_10206619103186198_8521017382924497110_n.jpg

For what it's worth, I do hope this PC patch also fixes the controller config issue. It'd be nice to play games of local multiplayer and not have my controls switch mid way during match or every two-three matches.

I know the community notes only mentioned graphical stability and something about the replays, but a man can dream.

Skunkers

I probably did it like 20 times in a single fight and it still didn't work.

So you're clear: To do a Brutality you must first meet the conditions in the move list (so you must hit the enemy with 5 ball rolls), you must have already won the first round, then when the enemy is on their last sliver of life, you must defeat them with the Brutality special move and do the required input if applicable (so kill the enemy with a ball roll and when you perform the motion don't release down).

Guys this may seem like a dumb question but how do you create a king of the hill room? I'm on xbone, when I select versus the only options are player match and ranked match.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Can someone explain to me how to pull off a brutality? Specifically Mileena's ball roll one, it says you need to connect 5 ball rolls and then for the final hit perform a ball roll and hold down.

Tried it a few times but nothing happened, maybe I'm misunderstanding what "connecting" means.

I was over thinking it as well at first but brutalities are super easy, especially Mileena's. Just row like a maniac all threw your fight and make sure last hit is a roll.

-MD-

So you're clear: To do a Brutality you must first meet the conditions in the move list (so you must hit the enemy with 5 ball rolls), you must have already won the first round, then when the enemy is on their last sliver of life, you must defeat them with the Brutality special move and do the required input if applicable (so kill the enemy with a ball roll and when you perform the motion don't release down).

Alright cool I'm pretty sure I was messing up the hold down part, I was pressing down again after performing the ability for some reason. Thanks.

WBPlay stuff is still super buggy. After the patch I unlocked all the check-marked things on my WB Unlock list iPhone---->PC. Still won't check off, or give me, MIME Johnny Cage.

Delt31

Anyone else disappointed with the rather bland stages. Not only a low count but missing the charm of 9 like the blood spilling out and other classic

Fuck the Krypt man, these spider jumpscares are annoying. I already have a headache and don't need this added stress just to get additional content.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck the Krypt man, these spider jumpscares are annoying. I already have a headache and don't need this added stress just to get additional content.

Mute the sound, just like with scary movies they're nothing without the sound.

For what it's worth, I do hope this PC patch also fixes the controller config issue. It'd be nice to play games of local multiplayer and not have my controls switch mid way during match or every two-three matches.

I know the community notes only mentioned graphical stability and something about the replays, but a man can dream.

it doesn't fix the config menu still crashes

Just got level 50 with the brotherhood and unlocked a bunch of backgrounds, icons, and a new faction kill. I just realized we might never see some faction kills because to unlock the last one you need to be on the winning faction and contribute to it.

drotahorror

What's up with different online features on ps4 atm? Can't load living towers, or, only loads 2 of them. Faction page can't connect or resets or loses connection. I dunno it's all wonky right now.

Just got level 50 with the brotherhood and unlocked a bunch of backgrounds, icons, and a new faction kill. I just realized we might never see some faction kills because to unlock the last one you need to be on the winning faction and contribute to it.

Mind telling me what the border/bg/icons do and the bonus they provide when the set is equipped? The final one that is that you get at lvl 50. I tried searching for the other faction ones that you can unlock but they don't seem to be listed unless you're in that faction.

White lotus is 100 coins per win, 100 kilns per win, 250 xp per win, and 200 coins per faction kill.

Can anyone help with the inputs here? I play a lot of fighting games, but I cant do kotal Khans sun offering to save my life fordward down back Square right? it won't trigger...Are there any tricks to it I feel like an idiot over here

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Can anyone help with the inputs here? I play a lot of fighting games, but I cant do kotal Khans sun offering to save my life fordward down back Square right? it won't trigger...Are there any tricks to it I feel like an idiot over here

I feel the same way sometimes with "close" modifiers with Kenshi. There are just some moves that gives us trouble. I don't know about the Khans move though.

Top Bottom