• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

I wonder why, though. Why use such a questionable developer? Also, how come HVS gets worse with time!? MK9 on PC was never this broken, lol.

Depends on if they lost more projected money than they paid for HVS to handle the port, I would guess. I'm also pretty sure it was Warner Bros. that hired them, as opposed to it being NRS's decision. As for HVS doing worse...I don't know.

drotahorror

Restart your console completely. If that doesn't work then I have no idea.

Yeah had just done that.

Sadly, now it says No Living Towers available after repeatedly trying it. Alteast I had Daily and Weekly earlier. PS4 is in a DMZ and it's even hard wired. Don't think it has anything to do with NAT issues.

**Hah, finally got in and it's only Hourly. Good for me though that's what I wanted.

can the lag be different for 2 players fighting each other? I swear, some people i fight with horrible delay seem to not mind at all that the connection is shit. Flawless execution and shit the entire fight, no idea how anyone could do that if their connection was as poor as mine

I would assume so.

I went against a player who was bitching about lag, yet, nothing was bad and I was doing combos flawlessly.

Of course this person had a record of 2/17. Lol

A-V-B

Is there any way to stop Liu Kang's combos? Specifically, that one where he kicks you low that's faster than anyone's wakeup low kick. I'll start a low kick before Liu Kang has even started that combo, and then he'll start that combo and interrupt my low kick. It's absolutely absurd.

OmegaDL50

Meh. I can't play MKX because of this 15GB is not even 1GB into the transfer. My internet is being very slow at the moment (It says it'll be done in 7 hours)

I guess I'll just leave my PC on over night to let this finish, maybe I'll be lucky and my bandwidth will open up and it'll finish by the time I wake up tomorrow.

It kinda bugs me about Scorpion but
seeing as how he had his Hellfire powers through death so I think. Why does he have them as a human again or is it just for effect when playing as him.

OmegaDL50

It kinda bugs me about Scorpion but
seeing as how he had his Hellfire powers through death so I think. Why does he have them as a human again or is it just for effect when playing as him.

Going by the comics. Scorpion has learned to control it.

Cmvo8It.jpg

yay! I got the eror!

I turned off Network, pressed start, turned Network back on, but I can't accesss online settings at all

this game is borked

how do you fix the error?

I really need to practice Kahn's safe strings. My brain just cannot seem to handle f1b2 for some reason, especially when it's used mid combo. I just kinda turn to mush. The other one is 114 I think, but it only sets up df1 and not bf2 in Sun God, but I might be mistaken.

I've gotten decent at comboing off f2 but it's a horrible move, really unsafe.

I switched from War God to Sun God though. The brutality is just too good in that variation.

Sigmaah

Just made a Takeda player quit in ranked ahahahahahha I'm hype.

Feels good to play ranked again.

So is Takeda a good char or something? Seeing a lot of them online

PARANO1A

Meh. I can't play MKX because of this 15GB is not even 1GB into the transfer. My internet is being very slow at the moment (It says it'll be done in 7 hours)

I guess I'll just leave my PC on over night to let this finish, maybe I'll be lucky and my bandwidth will open up and it'll finish by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Same. Very annoying considering its early Saturday afternoon where I am.

carlsojo

This is pretty upsetting. Bought the game Monday night, played a few hours. Worked the last three nights. Today I finally get to play again... and I get error ce-34878-0 whenever I startup the game. I've tried redownloading it, nothing seems to work.

DasRaven

What's the quickest way to grind koins? Beat story, beat tower story with everyone now I want to unlock all the Krypt.

:Requires 2 controllers:
1. Equip a background/icon/border that boost coins per match win and/or XRAY.
2. Enter 2-player Kustom Kombat, choose characters
3. Choose Brutality Kombat modifier (allows brutalities at any time)
4. Choose Infinite super meter modifier
5. Fight... Brutality... collect 300-2500 Koins
6. Rematch Same Modifiers
7. Repeat 5-7

The better boosting background/icon/border you use the faster you farm.
This works for Faction and standard XP also.

I finally figured out the stupid Son God variation. The db2 is a command throw that charges in 3 levels, it gains extra damage(hits) each time, and you can use the main soul ability to either convert it to meter or the EX version to convert it to health

Seems more badass to just keep it at level 3 and get the extra cool sun beam in the throw!

:Requires 2 controllers:
1. Equip a background/icon/border that boost coins per match win and/or XRAY.
2. Enter 2-player Kustom Kombat, choose characters
3. Choose Brutality Kombat modifier (allows brutalities at any time)
4. Choose Infinite super meter modifier
5. Fight... Brutality... collect 300-2500 Koins
6. Rematch Same Modifiers
7. Repeat 5-7

The better boosting background/icon/border you use the faster you farm.
This works for Faction and standard XP also.

Thank you!

kris.

Banned
Just finished story mode. I don't think I've ever been excited for a MK game just to see where the story goes? That was pretty great.

npa189

Story mode is kicking my ass now that I'm in late game, these fuckers can juggle and combo like no ones business, my blocks seem to do nothing while there's absorb all blows. MK9 was hard too, but I'm proabably a bad.

Story mode is kicking my ass now that I'm in late game, these fuckers can juggle and combo like no ones business, my blocks seem to do nothing while there's absorb all blows. MK9 was hard too, but I'm proabably a bad.

Yeah, it seems that it gets a bit easier each time you lose, though. My only complaint is that Corrupted Shinnok spams the fuck out of that energy beam.

zlatko

Banned
I've played with 95% of the cast now, and experimented with all variations.

In the end I'm going to go with Kano, and grind him a 100 matches online to see how I do. He gets TONS of damage for barely anything. He's fast. Fairly safe strings. You can get 30+ and 40+ % combos with usually just 1 meter anywhere on screen. Makes it so you never need to rely on a X-ray for come back factor. 1 meter = comeback factor lol.

I WISH I had the same luck/could get solid combos on my own with:

Cassie C
Kenshi
Reptile
Takeda

I just feel like I have to work 20X harder with any of those 4 to get a fraction or close to Kano's brain dead easy stuff.

I should go study those Chris G cross counter TV combo videos for Takeda and Reptile. I need to see some Kenshi ones or Cassie ones. I really can't break 30% with them.

Xevren

0 meter variation, same/more damge=
2,42, F2, 1, Back forward X. (Brawler variation)

Instead of ending it tackle like that just do db2, run in b12 into tackle for some more damage. May not even need to run do to how far forward b1 goes in, I forget.

Vice

So far the only character that has clicked with me has been Ferra/Torr. That damage of his bnb is too tempting. Never figured I'd enjoy a big body this much. I've only tried lacky and pain and gain variation though

Top Bottom