• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

I haven't been paying too much attention...but I did buy the kombat pass.

is it confirmed that the 4 DLC characters will have:

-Arcade Endings
-3 Variations
-Full suite of fatalities/brutalities?
-Included alternate costumes?

Yes
Yes
Yes
No

Or rather, the DLC characters have been confirmed to contain costume packs as well, for on-disc characters.

In MK9, DLC character alternate costumes were exclusive to the Vita, and in Injustice only one DLC character got an alternate costume (Man of Steel Zod). So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Lothars

Oh I see. I got really angry at Sonya's

she dreamed that Kano had cassie and Jay tied up and she had to decide who will live. She then ask Kano to kill cassie, Kano kills Jax, she Wakes up to Johnny telling him jax is dead. I understand that Jax is a close friend, possibly more in the pass, but choosing him over your own daughter!!!
She choose Jax to die over Cassie at least from what I got from the ending.

d3vnull

Does anyone know the release date for hori commander 4? Just bought one only to find out it's not even released yet. It say May 5th on Amazon but people already have one it seems.

It's the US edition VS. the Japan edition. Afaik there is no difference between the two.

Spuck-uk

Banned
If I was single or even didn't have a kid that sort of thing would be right up my street I think. But now, I wouldn't have the time or energy lol. I dont think any of my current real life friends are in to fighting games either. Online against faceless randoms also doesn't feel the same for other reasons.

I guess I'll just play the single player when I want to indulge in my nostalgia. Its still good fun in MK.

Add me to PSN if you want some casual games online. I'm not about as often as I'd like to be but I'm sure you know how that goes!

psn is Spuck-uk

Offer extends to everyone especially if you live in the north of England. If you see me picking Kano its because I'm salty.

Manu

she dreamed that Kano had cassie and Jay tied up and she had to decide who will live. She then ask Kano to kill cassie, Kano kills Jax, she Wakes up to Johnny telling him jax is dead. I understand that Jax is a close friend, possibly more in the pass, but choosing him over your own daughter!!!

Kano asks her who will die, she says Jax. Kano kills him.

EDIT:

She choose Jax to die over Cassie at least from what I got from the ending.

Yep.

RM8

I just saw Tanya's new look. Hugely improved face and hair, but her outfit looked much better in gold :( Bright yellow + white eyes reminds me too much of Scorpion. I hope her alt color is gold! Because she'd look perfect. Will main from day one, please release her already :p

burlap sack jason?? maybe

It's not the same without the full getup. Needs the overalls. :p I could see Maskless being more of a thing.

You got that wrong.

She chose Cassie to live, not to die.

RedFury

It's the US edition VS. the Japan edition. Afaik there is no difference between the two.
Dammit, the Japanese version was cheaper too. Thanks for the info. Any good review videos? Saw some on YouTube but they were ok at best and most were about FC3.

d3vnull

Is this weeks premier tower (Daddy's Girl) supposed to unlock something for Mileena?

Dammit, the Japanese version was cheaper too. Thanks for the info. Any good review videos? Saw some on YouTube but they were ok at best and most were about FC3.

Not many reviews but from what I gathered here and other forums, it is very well received by gamers. I took a leap of faith and ordered it 2 days ago. :)

Manu

latest
latest

Massive improvement imo.

Demoskinos

I think everyone moved on from scorpion to sub zero. Swear to god I played 10 matches and got 10 different sub zeros who used the same variation (Cryomancer) or whatever its called.

Marvel

could never
Yeah man, that's who I always use. Know any good combos with him yet?

Sadly not as I only started using him late last night.

Only one I go to in crymancer right now is forward square, triangle, square, triangle, run, circle, triangle, L1. But I don't play that variation, I'm a Grandmaster kinda guy.

Opto

Banned
Cassie's non-ex gun shoot either needs to have fewer start-up frames or do more damage like some of the other slower projectiles.

Demoskinos

Cassie's non-ex gun shoot either needs to have fewer start-up frames or do more damage like some of the other slower projectiles.
Agreed except for the fact that her gun is actually safer on block than hit. So you can pretty much fire that thing off with impunity for the most part. If she had a faster startup AND it was still that safe on block that might be a tad unbalanced. Not going to get upset if they do that as a Cassie player myself....

i noticed that most projectiles in general have way too much of a wind up. they're basically useless without using an EX bar and I don't really tend to use an EX bar for a EX move so i just dont bother with them. Scorpion's fireball is completely useless in his Hellfire mode since the spear is faster and if the opponent is keeping their distance and avoiding the spear you can use the hell fire to punish their turtling.

Garlador

Well, I'm currently in the "searching for a main" stage of the game, after unlocking practically everything.

I'm having serious problems with online, though. I did about 50 matches yesterday, and the luck of the draw was that only around 2 of them were with opponents with good connections. It was like playing underwater.

I practically lost three dozen times in a row. It was getting quite frustrating since all my combo timing is radically different with input lag.

Out of curiosity, anyone got advice on how to mitigate this? I could very well just suck with the characters, but I'm pulling off amazing combos offline and in practice, and dropping them constantly online (which gets severely punished).

Well, I'm currently in the "searching for a main" stage of the game, after unlocking practically everything.

I'm having serious problems with online, though. I did about 50 matches yesterday, and the luck of the draw was that only around 2 of them were with opponents with good connections. It was like playing underwater.

I practically lost three dozen times in a row. It was getting quite frustrating since all my combo timing is radically different with input lag.

Out of curiosity, anyone got advice on how to mitigate this? I could very well just suck with the characters, but I'm pulling off amazing combos offline and in practice, and dropping them constantly online (which gets severely punished).
the problem im finding with MKX is that the timing window for combos is pretty damn tight even offline, so online it becomes tough to do anything more than 3 hits long consistently. I would suggest that you learn some zoning techniques and mix ups, since those skills carry over to just about any fighting game you'll play.

Add me to PSN if you want some casual games online. I'm not about as often as I'd like to be but I'm sure you know how that goes!

psn is Spuck-uk

Offer extends to everyone especially if you live in the north of England. If you see me picking Kano its because I'm salty.

Added. Thanks.

Garlador

the problem im finding with MKX is that the timing window for combos is pretty damn tight even offline, so online it becomes tough to do anything more than 3 hits long consistently. I would suggest that you learn some zoning techniques and mix ups, since those skills carry over to just about any fighting game you'll play.

I'm plenty good at zoning... but I tend to get hammered online by individuals pulling off 40+% combos, despite the latency issues. I can only zone so hard and use so many BnB combos before it's not enough stay competitive to a Kung Jin juggling me through the air with ease or an Ermac knocking off half my lifebar in one string.

I can theoretically do that too... offline. The input windows are all thrown off once I get into an online match.

Softgels

Banned
MK knowingly revels in juvenile stupid shit and it always has. That's kind of the appeal. Taking the series seriously means to embrace its silliness.

Juvenile in the sense of blood and guts being super over the top isn't the same as a character farting himself to death.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe I bought Windows 8.1 just for MKX and it still crashes during King of the Hill, I was hoping it would be Windows 7 specific after I spoke to the Nvidia rep about it, oh well!

Nvidia have reproduced the CTD issue in house though, so that's progress at least. Hopefully a fix will be included in their next driver.

RedFury

I can't believe I bought Windows 8.1 just for MKX and it still crashes during King of the Hill, I was hoping it would be Windows 7 specific after I spoke to the Nvidia rep about it, oh well!

Nvidia have reproduced the CTD issue in house though, so that's progress at least. Hopefully a fix will be included in their next driver.
Good news is you get windows 10 for "free".

Onemic

See a few pages back. I asked you a question after your response about me to go be an online warrior.

Genuinely trying to see it in action and how to incorporate it correctly.

You can cancel out of a run pretty damn quick vs a dash in which youre committed to it until youre out of recovery. That automatically makes run safer to use in neutral vs dash. Its also really good when chasing down a zoner. As it leaves you less open to be hit by a projectile vs a dash

Ronabo

I need a checklist of all unlockables from the krypt, gambling and what other means.

I don't think I can get anything else from gambling as I've spent close to a million and haven't gotten anything in a few days.

patchday

So, is the replay system in this game just busted or something? I went to go replay a match that I won and 10% into it I get an error:

"The playback data does not agree"

Okay.... Not really needed on consoles anyway since we can record our fights. But this particular match I happened to lose my recording. bah...

When you get wins as irregularly as I do- you want to savor the rare few victories lol.

I'm having an easier time with Jax over Jacqui because I can pull of his combos consistently because I just been going for 3 hits. Need to expand my combos and figure out how to extend past 3 hits if I want to compete for real I'm sure

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Good news is you get windows 10 for "free".

Yeah, and to be fair I only paid £9 for Windows 8.1. I'm just so happy Nvidia have been able to reproduce the King of the Hill CTD, that's a big step forward in getting it fixed.

Overhead - Blocked by standing (high) hits crouching, ducking
High - Blocked by either standing or crouching, but whiffs when ducking (down WITHOUT holding block)
Mid - Blocked by standing or crouching, hits ducking
Low - Blocked only by crouching, hits standing and ducking(?)

Most throws that aren't command grabs are considered HIGHs.
Most projectiles are considered HIGH, though are often made a MID by using meter.

That sucks for kano players then, no high low mix ups, just block crouching all day against them kano players, think I'll try out grandmaster sub, he might fit my defensive playstyle more

vg260

I need a checklist of all unlockables from the krypt, gambling and what other means.

I don't think I can get anything else from gambling as I've spent close to a million and haven't gotten anything in a few days.

Gamefaqs has one. You can get most everything in the gambling part by betting 2,100 or under. Near the end though, I had to do a couple max bets to get he last couple things.

Top Bottom