• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorola RAZR |OT| Now With More Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhead

Redarse
Pctx said:
1800mah battery, 12.5 hours of talk time and 8.9 hours of video playback.
Wow O.0 better than the iPhone 4S (which actually has worse battery life than the iPhone 4). Everybody is besting Apple in battery life this generation.

Motorola's version of the iCloud

704268db-7264-4941-91a4-24a28594a05f.jpg

Copernicus said:
Price isn't too bad it has a built in heart monitor. If it's any good it's worth it since people pay like 80-150 for those things.

"I’d like to introduce you to the best smartphone on the planet today: the Droid RAZR by Motorola."
lol
well, technically, the other event is TOMORROW

kehs

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
well, technically, the other event is TOMORROW

Damn linguistics majors on the marketing teams.

------

That's so awesome, install from the phone.

It's the god damn future and we're in it.

bedlamite

Mecha_Infantry said:
This is all starting to sound like the PC warz again.

In my phone I'm not really concerned with stats unless the software out there asks to be pushed. Until we're struggling to run some slick software I think I will not pay attention to much of the numbers.
Hopefully when ICS comes out with its hardware acceleration, Android phones will have more uniform usability and the phone makers will stop trumpeting about their dualcore CPUs, like anybody but hardcore geeks will give a shit

thirty

Banned
bedlamite said:
Hopefully when ICS comes out with its hardware acceleration, Android phones will have more uniform usability and the phone makers will stop trumpeting about their dualcore CPUs, like anybody but hardcore geeks will give a shit
if hardware acceleration does come with ICS, it will take away windows phone's big advantage over android phones.

thirty said:
if hardware acceleration does come with ICS, it will take away windows phone's big advantage over android phones.

Hardware acceleration is already in ICS because it's built off of Honeycomb.

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2011/03/android-30-hardware-acceleration.html

The real question is whether or not Google will implement this themselves at the OS-level (drawing, screen transitions, scrolling). Never used a Honeycomb tablet so I'm not really sure what the current state of that is.

nib95

Banned
bedlamite said:

So basically geeks demand more for there money than others? Is that what you're saying? Or are you implying that after hardware acceleration cpu's won't make a difference? I think you should perhaps check out some of those iPhone 4 vs 4S speed comparisons (web browsing etc), you'll see that the dual core did the phone wonders.

Hardware acceleration or not, the CPU still matters.

celebi23

josephdebono said:
Yup. I don't even know how we got rain before apple invented the cloud.
I wasn't trying to come off as an Apple fanboy, I was just making an observation, that's all. I'm an Android user too (got my Droid 2 right next to me actually)

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Copernicus said:
Heart Rate monitor, wifi/bluetooth
The heart-rate monitor bit would be useful if it came with a good strap. If it's BYO strap than that's not that great a value add, although still useful of course.

I think it's a smart move to include more fitness-like things, and a HRM is one of those things that'd be great.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
planar1280 said:
shots fired!!!

http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/10/18/82269d64-b7be-4afe-9af3-78fc9e144188.jpg[MG]

[IMG]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/10/201110185369.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I just loaded the full ESPN.com page in roughly 3-4 seconds based on my informal counting in my head on the 4S. WTF is this they are talking about?

RubxQub said:
I just loaded the full ESPN.com page in roughly 3-4 seconds based on my informal counting in my head on the 4S. WTF is this they are talking about?

its true, though just confirming was your wifi off?

Oozer3993

RubxQub said:

On Wi-Fi? Maybe they're talking about loading it over the cell network.

BigFwoosh

Copernicus said:
lol droid clarification
I cannot tell you how many times people at work refer to Android phones as Droids. No one seems to understand that it's a brand, not shorthand for Android.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The WAZR RAZR is gonna be a HUGE success.

Sky Chief

I am pretty amazed that they got LTE and a huge battery into a 7.1mm thick phone, this is way more impressive than I thought it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom