• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorola RAZR |OT| Now With More Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
andycapps said:
That's what I was getting at. It didn't make sense that any existing phone would simply not get ICS ever. That would be a dumb move by Google to make.

Yup, Google added the official support for onscreen keys in honeycomb, but technically any of the oems could have gone ahead done onscreen keys on their own. (Archos did, even though they don't have market access)

After looking at the power point slide so they made the internal casing stainless steel so that's where all the electronics components. Then they probably use a autoclave process to mold the "kevlar' the issue i have is heat dissipation depending on the tolerance of the chips, battery and screen the inside of that phone will get hot. The kevlar will most likely act as an insulator. If they design it correctly the phone will never feel hot and the phone won't cook itself to death. if they didn't lol bye bye phone. Higher temperatures will slowly make the lamination layers fail tho.

kehs

Banned
Technosteve said:
After looking at the power point slide so they made the internal casing stainless steel so that's where all the electronics components. Then they probably use a autoclave process to mold the "kevlar' the issue i have is heat dissipation depending on the tolerance of the chips, battery and screen the inside of that phone will get hot. The kevlar will most likely act as an insulator. If they design it correctly the phone will never feel hot and the phone won't cook itself to death. if they didn't lol bye bye phone. Higher temperatures will slowly make the lamination layers fail tho.

They mentioned "splash proofing" which is basically encassing the electronics in resin, that works as a cooler for everything.

Copernicus said:
They mentioned "splash proofing" which is basically encassing the electronics in resin, that works as a cooler for everything.

if the phone doesn't get hot i'm all for there kevlar thing a jig. My iphone 3Gs gets as hot as the sun when the GPS is running. These phones have 3 year warranties right?

kehs

Banned
Technosteve said:
if the phone doesn't get hot i'm all for there kevlar thing a jig. My iphone 3Gs gets as hot as the sun when the GPS is running. These phones have 3 year warranties right?

Doubt it, they barely have guaranteed software support (froyo droid).

kehs

Banned
Technosteve said:
wait it's not running ICS? so it's going to get out classed in 10 hours by the koreans?

I meant motorola in general, the droid is not even two years and it'll never make it past froyo officially.

They didn't mention what the RAZR is running actually. on stage....which is odd. So I'm going to say it launches with Gingerbread and gets ICS beginning of next year.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Technosteve said:
wait it's not running ICS? so it's going to get out classed in 10 hours by the koreans?
Yup.

^also agreed, it will get it eventually.. but probably not much past that.

2011-10-18razrg2-1.jpg

Cyclops THE PHONE, that hump ruins the phone also the front ruins the phone. It's an ugly phone

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. At least the quality of materials seems to be very good.

Just when you think you got a good phone (Droid X2 here) they come out with something that blows it out of the water four-six months later. *siiiigh* Goddamit I sort of feel ripped off.

andycapps

Technosteve said:

3 year warranties? Probably 1 year. You need insurance if you get these.

Droid Bionic owner here.

.... :(

I'm not surprised that better phones are coming out just months later, but it's kind of a kick in the nuts to have the same company doing it. I assume the Bionic will have a permanent price cut starting today?

Wiktor

Technosteve said:
did moto really charge 250 for that ipod nano? the fuck
Sure, why not? Comparable devices kind of do cost that much, it's just that Apple has nothing comparable to it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
TacticalFox88 said:
Just when you think you got a good phone (Droid X2 here) they come out with something that blows it out of the water four-six months later. *siiiigh* Goddamit I sort of feel ripped off.

Why? You have a good phone.

The Faceless Master said:
no, he THOUGHT he had a good phone. now he has a steaming piece of shit in his hands. he needs some hand sanitizer.
looks at bionic, i feel unclean ( i would love this phone if not for the fucking terrible camcorder software)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm assuming the trackpad is for webtop mode? Can you just use webtop mode with hdmi out or something and bring your own input devices?

They shouldn't have trimmed the camera bump in silver. It makes it look dated, almost like an old Polaroid camera. Otherwise it looks good, and the screen is hot.

tino

Banned
It actually look kind of like a RAZR. I also really like the cabon fiber theme they had going there.

I wish there is no ton of garbage logos in the back. Particularly the LTE and Verizon logos. Fuck off Verizon!

Blackhead

Redarse

royalan

Honestly, all these Android phones are starting to bleed together to me.

Dozens of phones with only minor spec differentiation to tell them apart. All with huge, overdone tech nerd designs, and Windows 95 lookalike OS skins.

Honestly, when will will Android dev's finally get that if they truly want to compete with the iPhone (and soon Windows Phone 7) that they have to start incorporating elegance into their hardware (and software skins)?

I'm chilling on an old Blackberry Bold, and I'm about ready to upgrade out of RIM. But while I don't want to jump to Apple, even I have to admit that their products are so meticulously designed that they inspire tech lust before you even fully know what they are.

I have faith in Android, and growing faith in Windows Phone, but I'm constantly deterred from their ecosystem when I check my friends' oversized, buggy phones that have terrible battery life.

royalan said:
Honestly, all these Android phones are starting to bleed together to me.

Dozens of phones with only minor spec differentiation to tell them apart. All with huge, overdone tech nerd designs, and Windows 95 lookalike OS skins.

Honestly, when will will Android dev's finally get that if they truly want to compete with the iPhone (and soon Windows Phone 7) that they have to start incorporating elegance into their hardware (and software skins)?

I'm chilling on an old Blackberry Bold, and I'm about ready to upgrade out of RIM. But while I don't want to jump to Apple, even I have to admit that their products are so meticulously designed that they inspire tech lust before you even fully know what they are.

I have faith in Android, and growing faith in Windows Phone, but I'm constantly deterred from their ecosystem when I check my friends' oversized, buggy phones that have terrible battery life.
they'll get it when Android stops selling and WP7 starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom