• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm: Apocalypse |OT| Where the Rubber Meets the Road

BeeDog

SXZrF.png

58PPP.png

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Developer: Evolution Studios
Platform: PlayStation 3
Rating: 16 (PEGI/EU) / Teen (ESRB/US)
Release date: 16 March 2011 (EU) / 17 March 2011 (AUS) / 1 April 2011 (UK) / 3 May 2011 (US) / N/A (JP)
Official website: http://www.motorstorm.com/

JmNhq.png

The Stormers are now bringing the extreme MotorStorm festival to a major metropolitan city that has been ravaged by a gigantic earthquake. With all of its unstable skyscrapers, fiery subway tunnels, twisting bridges and more, the almost completely abandoned city offers the perfect playground for MotorStorm’s electric brand of brutal street racing. Fully customize your collection of vehicles, which now includes supercars, muscle cars, and superbikes, and face down your fellow Stormers as well as a city where destruction awaits you at every turn. And with tremors and aftershocks continuing to hit the city in real-time, you never know where the race will take you. Welcome to the concrete jungle. Welcome to the apocalypse, MotorStorm style!
  • Survive epic real-time destruction across 40 unique apocalyptic races with over 300 gameplay-changing real-time events —from building collapses and machine gun fire to cataclysmic natural disasters.
  • Race and customize 13 unique vehicle classes, including supercars, monster trucks, superbikes and more.
  • Support for up to 4-player split-screen races locally for endless racing mayhem, and up to 2-player split-screen online against up to 14 other players.
  • Deep online features including insane 16-player racing, full vehicle customization, performance perks, wagering and more.
  • Immerse yourself in the action as every crash, explosion and natural disaster roars to life right in your living room with mind-blowing stereoscopic 3D.
(Shamelessly stolen from HERE)
trQuZ.png

Festival Mode: Race through a fleshed-out single-player campaign featuring three different characters: "The Rookie", "The Professional" and "The Veteran." Each character features its own small story-arc and shows different viewpoints of the destruction that's occurring in the city. Additionally, each character corresponds to a difficulty level. Inbetween stages, animated cut-scenes will help flesh out the story and the MotorStorm Festival spirit. Below is the total amount of events to be found in the single-player campaign:
  • The Rookie (Mach): 14 stages (1 prologue/1 epilogue)
  • The Professional (Tyler): 15 stages (1 prologue/1 epilogue)
  • The Veteran (Big Dog): 11 stages (1 prologue/2 epilogues)
Wreckreation: Create custom races featuring up to 4 players in split-screen mode and partake in races on the 33 different stages. There are 4 available modes in Wreckreation:
  • Festival: Return to the Festival with the vehicle of your choice on any stage.
  • Race: A regular race mode, MotorStorm style.
  • Elimination: Stay in front to avoid the deadly last place.
  • Hunt: Stay close to the leader to avoid being eliminated.
Multiplayer: Race against others online or offline. Earn Chips and buy upgrades and additional items.

Special Events: A new feature in MotorStorm: Apocalypse. There are two types of Special Events:
  • Hardcore Festival: When finishing a race in 1st place in Festival Mode, you'll unlock an alternate Hardcore event for that stage.
  • Time Attack: A classic time attack mode. Try to set the best time on any of the 33 stages!
New Vehicle Classes: MotorStorm: Apocalypse now features 13 vehicle classes. The new ones are supercars, superbikes, hot hatches, muscle cars and choppers. Thus, the following classes are available in the game (the bolded are the new classes):
  • Dirtbikes
  • Quad bikes
  • Buggies
  • Rally cars
  • Racing trucks
  • Mudpluggers
  • Big rigs
  • Monster trucks
  • Superbikes
  • Choppers
    [*]Hot hatches
    [*]Supercars
    [*]Muscle cars
Vehicle Customization: For the first time ever in the MotorStorm series, you can perform extensive customizations on your vehicles. Acquire new body parts, vinyls and stickers by performing various feats such as drifting or getting big airtimes.

Perks: A new part of the MotorStorm online mode. Unlock new perks by gaining ranks in the online mode. The perks will provide various benefits such as shorter respawn times, increased acceleration and increased health. There are three perk categories, Handling, Boost and Combat.

Revamped Photo Mode: The photo mode is back and better than ever. You can pause a race at any time and take a screenshot of the action. Various camera settings are available to allow you to take the perfect picture. Pictures can be exported to the XMB in various sizes (max is 4096 x 2304).

Extensive Stat Tracking & Collectibles: MotorStorm: Apocalypse features an extensive stat tracking system, both for the single-player and multi-player modes. Gather 150 collectibles that are scattered throughout the Festival Mode stages and unlock additional background information on the story characters and various other tidbits.

3D Support: With 3D support, immerse yourself in the race as every crash and explosion come to life right into your living room in stereoscopic glory on your 3D TV. (shamelessly stolen from Amazon)
sL0VG.png

MotorStorm: Apocalypse features 9 different themes, each with several stage variations. Additionally, some variations allow the user to turn environmental events on or off. Below is a summary of the included race stages (33 in total):
  • Boardwalk: 3 variations (1 with adjustable events)
  • Docklands: 4 variations (1 with adjustable events)
  • Downtown: 4 variations (2 with adjustable events)
  • Good Herb: 4 variations (2 with adjustable events)
  • Interstate: 4 variations (3 with adjustable events)
  • Mainline: 3 variations (2 with adjustable events)
  • Skyline: 3 variations (3 with adjustable events)
  • Terminus: 4 variations (2 with adjustable events)
  • Upper Bohemia: 4 variations (1 with adjustable events)
In addition, there are two more special levels for the prologues and epilogues.​
6Cp3j.png
The soundtrack features new material by renowned electronic producers Noisia, Elite Force and DJ Shadow. The complete soundtrack can be purchased from the PSN Store. A tracklist is provided below:
  • Klaus Badelt - The Rookie
  • Klaus Badelt - The Pro
  • Klaus Badelt - The Veteran
  • Klaus Badelt - Drifter (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Dryve (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Barrel Down (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Hypersonic (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Speedball (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Shockland (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Loco (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Jackhammer (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Breakneck (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Headlong (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Mercurial (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Lalo Schifrin - Bullitt (Schifrin vs. Elite Force Remix) (Not available on PSN soundtrack)
  • Klaus Badelt - Spazm (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Paradise Alley (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - The Horror (Elite Force MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Oversteer (Noisia MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Blown (Noisia MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - The Assembly (Noisia MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Slipstream (Noisia MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Crash Test (Noisia MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Charger (Noisia MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Deathmatch (Noisia MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Traction Control (Noisia MS:A Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - MotorStorm Apocalypse (DJ Shadow Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - MotorStorm Apocalypse (DJ Shadow D&B Remix)
  • Klaus Badelt - Apocalypse Here And Now (DJ Shadow Remix)
P7LW5.png

Pre-order Pack 1: Carbon Edition Supercar
  • Carbon Edition Supercar
  • Unique high-end vinyl design plus 4 exclusive chrome sticker designs (which can be applied to any other vehicle in-game)
  • Dynamic XMB themes
  • Carbon Edition PSN avatars

Pre-order Pack 2: Carbon Edition Rally Car
  • Carbon Edition Rally Car
  • Unique high-end vinyl design plus 4 exclusive chrome sticker designs (which can be applied to any other vehicle in-game)
  • Dynamic XMB themes

Pre-order Pack 3: Carbon Edition Superbike
  • Carbon Edition Superbike
  • Dynamic XMB themes
nuwob.png

(screenshots courtesy of NeoGAF member Thrakier, thanks!)
5535215979_6ff9f72a3f_b.jpg

5535215987_9f9221b1eb_b.jpg

5537471858_933f33e53f_b.jpg

5537471852_4da846bb03_b.jpg

5537471846_799c92d555_b.jpg

5537471840_582710d2b5_b.jpg

5537471850_f472a1212c_b.jpg

5535168402_8ca739a8e4_b.jpg

2kz6b.png

TlGI8.png

MotorStorm: Apocalypse includes 48 trophies in total (36 bronze, 8 silver, 3 gold, 1 platinum). Below is a complete list of the trophies:

sp_trophybronze_g7n6.png
Bronze trophies:
  • Motion Master: Complete a race steering with the motion sensor function.
  • Air Assault: Punch a fellow rider off their bike or ATV while you're both in mid-air.
  • Hot Air: Use in-air cooling to entirely cool your full Boost gauge from Critical in a single jump.
  • I Made it Myself: Modify your vehicle using all the available options.
  • Energy Efficient: Win a race without ever entering Critical Boost.
  • Target Locked: Ram and wreck the same opponent twice during a race.
  • Kudos: Earn 250 Chips from a single drift in Multiplayer.
  • Variety is the Spice of Life: Complete a race in all of the standard game modes.
  • Pure as Mud: Successfully perform 3 stunts in a single race.
  • Wheelin' an' Dealin': Pull a continuous wheelie for 5 seconds.
  • Unlucky for Some: Win a race with each of the 13 vehicle classes.
  • FPR: Win a race using only the vehicle-mounted camera.
  • Grease Monkey: Swap out at least one vehicle part on each of the 13 vehicle classes.
  • Over There!: 'Look At' 5 unique race incidents over 5 different races.
  • Rampage!: Use the Ram to wreck 10 opponents.
  • Found One!: Collect 1 of the hidden MotorStorm Cards.
  • 'You wanna play?': Make it to the party as Mash.
  • 'We're gonna race - in that?': Complete 'Off the Rails' as Mash.
  • 'Eat my dust, tough guy!': Complete 'Aces High' as Mash.
  • 'Okay, let's do this.': Complete 'Credit Crunch' as Mash.
  • 'You wanna stay, shut your mouth.': Make it to the party as Tyler.
  • 'I'm just waiting for a sucker to beat.': Complete 'Road Warriors' as Tyler.
  • 'I'm all in.': Complete 'Suburban Shakedown' as Tyler.
  • 'It's about life and death.': Complete 'End of the Line' as Tyler.
  • 'Only one of us is making it out of this city alive.': Complete 'The End is Nigh' as Tyler.
  • 'Restricted my ass!': Start the party as Big Dog.
  • 'Time to lose these guys...': Complete 'High Way' as Big Dog.
  • 'If you start, you got to finish...': Complete 'Final Drive' as Big Dog.
  • Now for the Main Event...: Pass 5 Special Events.
  • Starter for 10: Pass 10 Special Events.
  • Gently Does it: Complete your first online race.
  • Where's My Money?: Place and win a bet in Matchmaking.
  • High Five!: Reach Rank 5 in Multiplayer.
  • Stacked: Reach Rank 15 in Multiplayer.
  • Where Do You Put Them All?: Earn 50 Accolades in Multiplayer.
  • Decorated Stormer: Earn 25 Medals in Multiplayer.
sp_trophysilver_d7um.png
Silver trophies:
  • Found 'em All!: Collect 150 of the hidden MotorStorm Cards
  • 'Want a Magic Nut Bar?': Complete 'Baked' as Mash.
  • 'And Mash wins!': Survive the Festival as Mash.
  • 'I guess you love trouble...': Complete 'Wargames' as Tyler.
  • 'Any questions?': Complete 'Sea Spray' as Big Dog.
  • Nail'd it: Pass 25 Special Events.
  • Double or Quits?: Win a bet while on a x2 Hot Streak.
  • Croupier: Reach Rank 30 in Multiplayer.
sp_trophygold_17js.png
Gold trophies:
  • 'We're the best... it's that simple.': Survive the Festival as Tyler.
  • 'You're greased.': End the Festival as Big Dog.
  • Jackpot: Reach Rank 40 in Multiplayer.
sp_trophyplatinum_27hf.png
Platinum trophy:
  • The Big One: Obtain every other trophy in the game.
81GOq.png

Metacritic - 77/100 (based on 72 reviews)
rvD9A.png

● 1.01 (207 MB):

No release notes available

● 1.02 (129 MB):

Update 1.02 makes some significant changes to the game to improve online stability and error handling, specifically targeting causes of critical issues discovered over the first week of online play:

· Leaderboard and server improvements
· Improved error handling
· Improved game stability

● 1.03 (12 MB):

A new update patch for Motorstorm Apocalypse is now available that should fix the issues you are experiencing when playing online.

An update to the game is due to be released today (April 15th) to change the Game Save Data process, separating your Game Save and Time Attack ghost data. When you successfully download the Game Update, your game will take a short while to convert your Game Save accordingly.

Also included in this update are further improvements to online play stability, specifically addressing issues causing "dead games" and errors when joining games.

Finally, for this update, Festival Eliminator event records will no longer filter through into Hardcore Festival leaderboards. Any remaining erroneous leaderboard records will be investigated and removed in due course.

Thank you for all of the feedback you've shared with us to date. Please continue to share and discuss any issues you're facing and also tell us what you would like to see in a future update.

● 1.04, "After Party" (~240 MB):

The Rock - A new track featuring day and night courses on classic off-road terrain; Available to play throughout Wreckreation.

Special Event Packs - A series of additional Special Events which will be available to download for free from PlayStation®Store in coming weeks. The first is included in the After Update itself.

Weekly Challenges - A unique Rookie, Pro and Veteran event is available to take on every week and successfully beating the target will earn a bonus chip reward.

Improvements

Previously detailed in this thread: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/MotorStorm/MotorStorm-Apocalypse-Update-Scheduled-This-Week/td-p/13209052

Firstly, and importantly, the update coincides with a major upgrade to the online play servers and leaderboard database. This upgrade will improve the quality of online play, connectivity between races and the integrity of leaderboard posts: Any incorrectly posted times discovered will be systematically removed from the leaderboards after the update. It also paves the way for player profiles to be added to motorstorm.com and for variability in the matchmaking playlists. A new playlist will be made available following the update to introduce limited vehicle selections every other race.

Several of the vehicle classes (Superbikes, Supercars, Dirt Bikes, Muscle Cars, Racing Trucks and ATVs) have been re-tuned, with improved performance for more competitive races. The changes have been carefully considered for balanced racing between the 13 vehicle types and 40 multiple-route races, and then put through their paces in rigorous rounds of testing. As ever though, we'd appreciate your thoughts when you get the update.

5856794956_7d0877aaf3_b.jpg

5856240049_3363a5dd9c_b.jpg

5856795084_05444d434a_b.jpg

3J8tF.png

● MotorStorm Apocalypse Launch Day Livery: (NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE)

Download this free special vehicle design now and pimp up your wheels with an awesome logo that proves your MotorStorm Apocalypse dedication.

● MotorStorm Apocalypse Supercar Elite: (NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE)

● MotorStorm Apocalypse Remix Pack:

A blast from the past! Three vehicles from the original MotorStorm have been given a full overhaul to tear up the city streets. (1 racing truck + 1 mudplugger + 1 muscle car)

● MotorStorm Apocalypse Prestige Pack:

Flaunting a style never seen in MotorStorm before, this tempting trio of cars has the looks and the speed to outrun and outshine the competition. (2 supercars + 1 rally car)

● MotorStorm Apocalypse Outlaw Pack:

Go wheel-to-wheel with the best racers around in three vehicles inspired by the MotorStorm legacy and the street gang culture of MotorStorm Apocalypse. You're not just racing for yourself, but for your crew - don't let them down. (1 super mini + 1 superbike + 1 muscle car)

► DLC in the pipeline:

MotorStorm Apocalypse developers Matt Southern and Jamie Brayshaw conducted a live chat with European MotorStorm fans this morning on PlayStation Ireland's Facebook page. During the course of the chat, they teased a few details about what fans could expect in the way of post-release content for the game -- including this Tron-inspired car, which they claimed was an "exclusive reveal" but didn't say whether it was a free or premium download.

The pair didn't announce release dates for any of the content discussed, but confirmed several exciting pieces of DLC, at least two of which are set to be released for free.

The first is the Mode Editor, which allows players to create and share their own custom game modes. These modes can be played in private play sessions and online, and the most popular creations will be incorporated into the official multiplayer ranked playlists. This sounds very much like what Bungie has been doing with Halo: Reach, where it has been a big success. It also allows the game's content to remain relevant long after release, and prevents people from complaining about online modes not quite offering exactly what they want. While the Mode Editor doesn't offer the ability to create custom tracks, it does at least allow players to set up the kind of game they want to play, whether that's racing or objective based. The Mode Editor will be released as free DLC.

The next piece of content is a new track environment set on an abandoned Alcatraz-style prison island. Like the on-disc environments of Apocalypse, the environment contains a number of different tracks to race around. It'll also be released for free.

Southern and Brayshaw also promised better support for steering wheel accessories in the next patch, saying that they wanted the experience of playing the game in 3D whilst sitting in a dedicated seat and wrestling with a steering wheel to be as good as it possibly can be.

c4BE3.jpg

(thanks to Thrakier for letting me use his screenshots, and thanks to alr1ghtstart for creating the Killzone 3 OT :p)​

Mush

Might wanna add TBA for New Zealand too, as it's been delayed here as well because of the Christchurch Earthquake.

BeeDog

Wario64 said:
But...it's delayed.

Only in the UK...? I mean, it's available here in Sweden (I have my copy already), and I assume it's available in all other non-UK European nations. Have I missed a new update?

Gravijah

BeeDog said:
Only in the UK...? I mean, it's available here in Sweden (I have my copy already), and I assume it's available in all other non-UK European nations. Have I missed a new update?

It got delayed in Japan and America. I thought it got delayed in Europe, too?

Carl

I think they're selling what they shipped to Europe, but that's it? I'm not sure, really.

Nice OP though

DMeisterJ

Banned
Its been officially delayed in all regions as far as I know..., but I guess some places are selling it early in some European countries...

Thus thread is liked pouring salt into an open wound D:

daffy

Banned
Fuck you OP, why don't you just poke my eyes out and throw me in quicksand while you're at it!

:(

Have fun 7 people that will be playing this game soon...

EDIT: Awesome OP though, let's watch the world end with style ;)

It is available in Australia, I'm playing it as we speak.

As someone who loved Pacific Rift I'm a bit disappointed so far. The loading is terrible, and the (unfortunately timed) storyline and motion comic cutscenes are truly awful.

The racing is still good fun and some of the large events like buildings crumbling (though unfortunate) look great. I think the tropical environements of PR look a hell of a lot better than the City's in Apocolypse though.

Mixed opinion on it so far, but it's still fun.

MMaRsu

Banned
I'm pretty sure I could find this game here in The Netherlands, it might have been delayed but some shops don't know or don't care.

i've never hated an OT this good before.

OP, great job on this. i just wish it wasn't delayed indefinately here in Americaland and this OT hurts it really does.

i rebought a PS3 and got myself a 3DTV in part because i was looking forwards to this game.

the new PS3 and the new 3DTV are great and all, and i don't regret buying them... but yeah. was so pumped for this.

fernoca

Yep. Really nice OT aside, It has been delayed across all regions. Some stores in Europe got copies because the game was going to be out this week; but were asked to not sell it because of the recent event in Japan.. :/

US date went from April 22, to TBA.

leng jai

Picked this up yesterday (Aus). Had to download a 200mb patch straight away.

Game is actually pretty good, especially graphics wise. Driving is similar to PR but slightly more floaty. Really like the dynamic changes in the track, really well done.

They really fucked up the audio in this one. Engine sound is barely audible and crashes have close to no sound at all. Whoever chose the sound for the engine overheat needs a talking to as well.

Loading times seem long to me, actually nodded off between one of the races.

The delay now pisses me off as some countries (shops?) still kept the original PAL release date. What's the point of delaying it out of respect to the situation in Japan if you don't do it in all countries of the same region (SCEE even)?
Also, they decided to do this on the same day my copy was supposed to ship. I even got the your-order-is-now-processed-for-payment/shipping mail. I'm bitter :(

RoadHazard

Gold Member
fernoca said:
Some stores in Europe got copies because the game was going to be out this week; but were asked to not sell it because of the recent event in Japan..

I'm not sure that's true, because it's being sold all over the place here in Sweden. It may be that it's just the first shipment, and that there's gonna be a delay until the next one, but everybody seems to be selling what they've got. I'm having a hard time believing all of these retailers (many of them large chains) would be selling the game if Sony had told them not to.

r3n4ud

leng jai said:
Picked this up yesterday (Aus). Had to download a 200mb patch straight away.

Game is actually pretty good, especially graphics wise. Driving is similar to PR but slightly more floaty. Really like the dynamic changes in the track, really well done.

They really fucked up the audio in this one. Engine sound is barely audible and crashes have close to no sound at all. Whoever chose the sound for the engine overheat needs a talking to as well.

Loading times seem long to me, actually nodded off between one of the races.

Either you were really fucking tired or those are some long-ass waiting times eh

RoadHazard

Gold Member
r3n4ud said:
Either you were really fucking tired or those are some long-ass waiting times eh

They're not that bad, but they seem longer because the game first loads the motion comic (there's one before every race, which you can either watch or skip - but you can't skip it while it's loading) and then the actual race. Not sure why the motion comic even needs to have a loading screen (it's just a video...?), but that's how it is.

RoadHazard said:
They're not that bad, but they seem longer because the game first loads the motion comic (there's one before every race, which you can either watch or skip - but you can't skip it while it's loading) and then the actual race. Not sure why the motion comic even needs to have a loading screen (it's just a video...?), but that's how it is.

The loading times are pretty bad. It doesn't help that the motion-comics/story/voice acting are absolute shit.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Wish I could be playing this now. Fair enough to have an OT even if the world is basically waiting on it.

More like where the rubber meets the band, amirite?

seriously, why so rubber band motorstorm? I really wanted to like pacific rift because it was the only game my girlfriend ever wanted to play, but the rubber banding T_T

KongRudi

Banned
The game is superb.. Never been that much into the Motorstorm-franchise before, but this game looked so awesome that I just had to pre-order it..
And the game plays just as awesome as it looks in the trailers - so far I have been able to put 4 hours into the story-mode, says i'm 20%, struggling with qualifying for the next track now, am a rookie still, and failed at the skyscraper roof-top level 4 times in a row.

Sure, there is 20 second loadtime between each track, but I can live with that. :)

As for the delay of the product, I think they did the right thing.
Not just because of the earthquakes, but because of what were said in a joke about a girl, in a cutscene - Godzilla had me laughing, but then I were kind of freaked out abit afterwards, when reallife-events sunk in. :-/

Oneself

I hope Sony would allow the devs to work on the game up until the US release... it would give them extra time to fix things and polish the shit out of it. US/UK/JPN version could then include the patch(es) and updates out of the box.

HOw the hell do you play this game online?
People are just sitting in the Lobby doing nothing. It doesn't even highlight who the host is. WTF

KongRudi said:
As for the delay of the product, I think they did the right thing.
Not just because of the earthquakes, but because of what were said in a joke about a girl, in a cutscene - Godzilla had me laughing, but then I were kind of freaked out abit afterwards, when reallife-events sunk in. :-/

mh, is it possible that they will make some cuts for the actual release? :/

I'm also a bit concerned about when the game will actually get a release as they even delayed it in the US, meaning it won't be with most of us until - at least - May D:

amazon.de marketplace shops offer it for for 73-85€ :lol ...

Onion_Relish said:
More like where the rubber meets the band, amirite?

seriously, why so rubber band motorstorm? I really wanted to like pacific rift because it was the only game my girlfriend ever wanted to play, but the rubber banding T_T

Can anyone confirm to me whether or not this is still an issue?

Complaints of rubber banding killed my interest in previous MotorStorms, and I'd like to know if I should just forget about this one as well.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Good thread.

I will get this, whenever it's deemed appropriate for it to be released in NA. I love dynamic, balls to the wall insane arcade racers so Motorstorm is right up my alley. Just about everything I've heard about this game sounds badass so I'm sold, let's just hope they will allow me to buy it sometime soon.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
TheAtomicPile said:
Can anyone confirm to me whether or not this is still an issue?

Complaints of rubber banding killed my interest in previous MotorStorms, and I'd like to know if I should just forget about this one as well.

Well, rubberbanding is irrelevant. I gold'd 80% of the single player campaign on the first try regardless and there is really no incentive to replay the campaign except if you want to find the collectathon cards scattered and they don't even require you to finish the race. In fact, the campaign is so bad you might return the game.

P.S. Online is so great you want to keep it and play it all year.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW! I didn't expect this :D Thanks a bunch Beedog! Excellent thread!

Awesome OP, loving the career mode so far. I wish more than 7 people in the world had this game so I could try out some online events.

Top Bottom