• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorstorm Pacific Rift: ALL 16 Tracks!!! (New screens)

JB1981

Played the SHIT out of the demo. Plays much better than the original .. much tighter. I'm all over this game.

JB1981 said:
Played the SHIT out of the demo. Plays much better than the original .. much tighter. I'm all over this game.

Agreed. More weight. Less sensitive to crashes or floating all over the place. Faster.

Feels awesome. They nailed the controls.

tehbear

Private Hoffman said:
Agreed. More weight. Less sensitive to crashes or floating all over the place. Faster.

Feels awesome. They nailed the controls.

Wow, and I thought the original was pretty dead on. I can't imagine even more polish. The speed I could see, but damn. Hype rising.

Ranger X

I think the chase view is a little worse though. It's alot more loose and when you turn and drift the car get almost off-screen. Makes the whole thing feel "fluffy". I don't like.

Otherwise it looks like the perfect sequel.

Ranger X said:
I think the chase view is a little worse though. It's alot more loose and when you turn and drift the car get almost off-screens. Makes the whole thing feel "fluffy". I don't like.

You have to use the brake a lot more now, and let off the accelerator, and use boost as a way to turn into curves better.

Ranger X

Private Hoffman said:
You have to use the brake a lot more now, and let off the accelerator, and use boost as a way to turn into curves better.

No that's not what i am talking about. When you play in chase view and you turn, the camera doesn't stay sticked to the truck. The truck will slide towards the left or ride side of your screen depending the direction in wich you're turning.
Now a completely stiff camera feels horrible but now MS2 one is too loose imo. MS1 it was perfect.

roMonster

Impressive visuals.

21x2l3.gif

acevans2

Oh, wow. I don't think I've ever seen screens of a game improve so much over what... a week? That old build to this one is night and day, and I wasn't disappointed with the old one.

Amazing.

BeeDog

Ranger X said:
I think the chase view is a little worse though. It's alot more loose and when you turn and drift the car get almost off-screen. Makes the whole thing feel "fluffy". I don't like.

I completely agree with this. The chase cam seems to have a habit of slowing down the action too much when it lets the car sway "off-screen". Should follow the car movements a bit more rigidly.

Other than that, still looks fucking fun. :D

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
GODDAM at those environments, such hotness.

That demo build must have been really old

John_B

The graphics and controls were good in the first one, so with improvements it should look absolutely awesome and control spot on.

I'm much more worried about the AI. That cheating bastard has been more of an annoyance than fun to play against. I remember reading that they were changing the AI to be more fair, but I really hope it's just good AI and not just giving them superboost whenever they are behind.

Also, please, Evolution Studios, your addon packs are welcome, but cut the bullshit with 2 vehicle skins for a few bucks. That is just taking the piss. Include that small shit in the addon packs instead.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Why didn't IGN play from the bonnet view... The chase cam view always makes the game look and control floatier than it actually is.

JB1981 said:
did they completely change the lighting and time of day for Raingod Spire?
Have you played Motorstorm 1? Every track in the game had a couple different lighting conditions as you progressed through the game: morning -> evening.
It's the same here, and in general the closer it gets to the evening, the more impressive lighting looks.

Bebpo said:
The physics though :\
Yeah, this game actually has them :D despite being an arcade game. I just cannot stress enough how 'right' the physics and control feel from the bonnet view, compared to the chase cam view. Even then, when you play it, it feels better than what it looks like in the videos.

Elios83

Bebpo said:
The physics though :\

Physics are much more impressive than before. It was already evident in the demo but even more in these new movies. This time when you're crashing the vehicle takes a damage which is more 'credible' with the kind of impact it has suffered. In Motorstom 1 instead there was a kind of inner detonator in each vehicle which was activated by the crash so it wasn't really realistic.
Of course that's still in the context of an arcade game which wants to be 'over the top' so you'll still get the crazy jumps and all that stuff which is really good imo.

JB1981

Marconelly said:
Have you played Motorstorm 1? Every track in the game had a couple different lighting conditions as you progressed through the game: morning -> evening.
It's the same here, and in general the closer it gets to the evening, the more impressive lighting looks.

Ya - totally forgot about the time of day changes tho heh

Bebpo

Banned
SSM25 said:
It's not a simulator and the cars feel better than the ones in Grid and Dirt though.....

I haven't played the MS2 demo yet, but I was just commenting that when he jumped in that video the car was floating slowly like something out of Super Mario Bros, which seems weird physics to me. I'm playing Sega Rally right now and that jump just looks so wrong.

When is the MS2 demo coming out for non-Qoore people? I want to try it for myself to see if it's worth a buy personally. I don't play online and MS1 was weak in 1p.

iceatcs

As someone request ;)
PS3_IntroMovie_Cars1.gif

PS3_IntroMovie_Crash.gif

If this page destroyed your memory, not me, one gif few posts above from me are 15MB 8|
motorstormprBAILOUT.gif

Bebpo said:
When is the MS2 demo coming out for non-Qoore people? I want to try it for myself to see if it's worth a buy personally. I don't play online and MS1 was weak in 1p.

It'll probably be out this Thursday. Qore was supposed to get it exclusively for a month, so it should come out with the next Qore update which is Thurday.

Aeon712

Wish the first one didn't leave such a bad taste in my mouth, no way I'd be buying another Motorstorm game with my own money.

Aeon712 said:
Wish the first one didn't leave such a bad taste in my mouth, no way I'd be buying another Motorstorm game with my own money.

What was wrong with the first one other than the terrible UI and slightly-to-easy-to-get-knocked-around physics?

Aeon712

Private Hoffman said:
What was wrong with the first one other than the terrible UI and slightly-to-easy-to-get-knocked-around physics?
Horrible loading, Rubberband AI, Terrible lobby system, Mic's that never seemed to work.

iceatcs said:
As someone request ;)
If this page destroyed your memory, not me, one gif few posts above from me are 15MB 8|
motorstormprBAILOUT.gif

I know I don't post here much anymore, but I was just skimming this thread and noticed something diabolical about the last gif. You should see what I mean. Kind of creepy haha.

Bebpo

Banned
Private Hoffman said:

frustrating AI to make up for really sad lack of tracks. If the AI was normal, you'd beat the 1p campaign in like 2 hours and that's not really worth $60 if you're not an online gamer. But with the bullshit AI it'll take months instead of 2 hours, or you'll probably just give up and never finish 1p at all.

The loading was pretty bad too and not being able to skip the crash cams when you crash and just get back on the track and race.

Ranger X

Jeez you guys are exagerrating about Motorstorm1 as always.

I did almost all the race on ONE TRY and i had like 10 hours of gameplay with that AT LEAST. Not fucking 2 hours.
The rubberband AI is part of the gameplay style and it's in order you race in pack. This game is a war, not sportsmanship.

Motorstorm was lacking a 2 player offline and suffered from bad loading times that's all. Other complains are pretty much bull. IT WAS a hard game. Deal with it.

Anyways, now man up and buy Motorstorm 2.

davygee

Banned
Does anyone know when the Motorstorm Pacific Rift demo will hit the PSN for every user (not just Qore)?

I remember Qore stated that they would get it a month before the PSN.

Also, has anyone heard if it's going to be a newer build?

The Qore demo was obviously an old build...possibly an E3 build, anyone have any new info on this?

iceatcs

davygee said:
Does anyone know when the Motorstorm Pacific Rift demo will hit the PSN for every user (not just Qore)?

I remember Qore stated that they would get it a month before the PSN.

Also, has anyone heard if it's going to be a newer build?

The Qore demo was obviously an old build...possibly an E3 build, anyone have any new info on this?
Well, they should update the new one since Evolution Studios have update the build lots in the past months but Sony PSN can be lazy sometime which might upload exist demo same as Qore.

Top Bottom