• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies You've Seen Recently |OT| March 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoodyFog

refuse to watch anything but Kurosawa movies till I finish up.

anyway here is my line up for today.

Yojimbo

Sanjuro

High and Low

Red Beard( If I got time before Samurai Jack airs)

High and Low and Red Beard in a row? You might overdose on awesomeness

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Flow you gotta space them shits out, too much steak all at once.

You also need to get a job.

Ridley327

has anyone seen Ridley Scott's legend

curious what cut to watch.. tangerine dream or Jerry goldsmith 🤔

Both have their pluses and minuses. The theatrical cut has more of a lighter fairy tale touch to it to go along with the Tangerine Dream score, but it feels noticeably hacked together and has a frequent problem with coherency in its storytelling. The director's cut reinstates the scenes that were cut out and feels a lot more complete, but I feel like this is a film where Scott's somewhat detached approach to characters is a real detriment, as it's really hard to give a shit about anyone in it, making the pseudo-profundity of the director's cut ending fall completely flat. Otherwise, they still share the same things in common: unbelievably fantastic production design, costuming and makeup work, great soundtracks in either cut, and perhaps Tim Curry's finest hour as the villain Darkness, who puts in so much work than what's really needed to stand out from the flat performances that Tom Cruise and (understandably so, given this was her first film) Mia Sara give as our heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom