• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS just dropped the Better Together update for Minecraft (Switch still TBA)

Severianb

But to get it on the Switch and to play Crossplay I need a server of course.

Not from what I'm reading. All Better Together versions, including Switch can play together without buying a server (Realms). Buying a Realms server simply makes your world available at all times to everyone with access.

Oh man... I sold my disc version in July since I was gamesharing with a friend, he owned the digital version - now I can't even get that? I hope not.
As long as you played the disc 5 hours within the past 12 months you’re fine. It just may take a couple days to get your copy.

Not from what I'm reading. All Better Together versions, including Switch can play together without buying a server (Realms). Buying a Realms server simply makes your world available at all times to everyone with access.
Correct.

On consoles it's not. Perhaps ecosystems was the wrong word to use. User base might be better.
PS4 < (Win10 + Android + iOS + Apple TV + Xbox + Switch). That’s what the user was referring to.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I have digital, and there's nothing in my Ready to Install and it still tries to charge. Maybe the store's not updated in UK yet :/

Per Twitter

20170920_125409e9yra.png

Floody

I have digital, and there's nothing in my Ready to Install and it still tries to charge. Maybe the store's not updated in UK yet :/

Probably just have to wait. UK too, nothing yet, but the game is telling me to check the store (which brings me to the digital version for £16). I will give it awhile before trying again.

Switch update coming this winter?

That's going to devastate my daughter who's asked me daily when it's coming. Poor communication on the devs part for waiting til this day to say the Switch version is a delayed launch.

Not Better Together until the Switch is a part of it, imo.

molnizzle

That's going to devastate my daughter who's asked me daily when it's coming. Poor communication on the devs part for waiting til this day to say the Switch version is a delayed launch.

For real. I expected them all at the same time.

By the time Switch version is out people will already be deep into their new servers.

Ugh.

Yeah its pretty shitty to say it on release day.

Juraash

A few friends and I started a Windows 10 server in anticipation of this update and I'm kind of shocked it dropped so fast. They had said "Fall" and I kind expected it closer to Halloween. A little bummed Switch is behind the curve, but since it's coming eventually I can't complain much.

Awesome, can't wait for the kids to get home! We'll be setting up a new world tonight, and we're gonna play from all our devices.

Now the Switch version just needs to come.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
One of the devs tweeted they fixed over 3000 bugs. I was like holy shit lol

I downloaded the beta on my nephew's Xbox, and he was really pleased until he found they'd fixed some "cool" bugs. Then he was annoyed, lol.

nekkid

I wonder if MS recovered the initial investment of 2.5 billion

They "broke even" around a year after the purchase - which in financial terms means that they were earning more from the investment than just having the cash accumulating interest.

After the movie I'd say they'll probably have broken the back of it, in terms of genuine recovery of the investment, but I think it'll take years for it to be a true project in the black.

gamz

They "broke even" around a year after the purchase - which in financial terms means that they were earning more from the investment than just having the cash accumulating interest.

After the movie I'd say they'll probably have broken the back of it, in terms of genuine recovery of the investment, but I think it'll take years for it to be a true project in the black.

Is the movie still happening?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
errr i own the xbox one minecraft edition digital and its asking me 20 euro's to download it ?

nekkid

errr i own the xbox one minecraft edition digital and its asking me 20 euro's to download it ?

It's probably not quite rolled out yet. They said they were doing it in phases.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
aw never mind thanks for the replies i wondered why also all my skinpacks i bought on the 360 version disappeared suddenly

man the day we can all play together online on all consoles would be nicee never have to worry about player count for online stuff especially if people are like die hard console loyalist.

Lom1lo

So I have to Install a new Version on my xbox, not an update for my digital Version? It counts as a new game with nee achievements ?!

Dorygrant

If I own this on Windows 10 (and the Java one), do I get the Xbox One version free or do I have to buy it again? I cant seem to find an answer.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Someone showed mouse and keyboard working on the beta version on xbox one version a few weeks ago, is that in the general release?

Head.spawn

Someone showed mouse and keyboard working on the beta version on xbox one version a few weeks ago, is that in the general release?

It still works.

Just tried it out again with wireless Logitech gear.

If I own this on Windows 10 (and the Java one), do I get the Xbox One version free or do I have to buy it again? I cant seem to find an answer.

I don't think so. I had to buy the PC Win 10, Oculus, and the Android version separately even though I already owned the XBO version.

You can now share purchased content on each platform, but each version requires it's own purchase.

Top Bottom