• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mueller Seeks Grand Jury Testimony from PR Execs Who Worked With Manafort

Zolo

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...estimony-pr-execs-who-worked-manafort-n796066

WASHINGTON — Special Counsel Robert Mueller issued grand jury subpoenas in recent days seeking testimony from public relations executives who worked on an international campaign organized by Paul Manafort, people directly familiar with the matter told NBC News.

This is the first public indication that Mueller's investigation is beginning to compel witness testimony before the grand jury — a significant milestone in an inquiry that is examining the conduct of President Donald Trump and his son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, among others.

It is also further indication that Manafort, Trump's onetime campaign chairman, could be in serious legal jeopardy.

According to one executive whose firm received a subpoena, Mueller's team is closely examining the lobbying campaign, which ran between 2012 and 2014. Some of the firms involved in the campaign received subpoenas for documents weeks ago, the executive said, and now the Mueller team is seeking testimony.

"We think they are trying to figure out, was this a legitimate project?" the executive said. "From our perspective it was — we did a lot of work. We took it seriously."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I sense his latest actions are going to see an increase in leaks.

Drag em Mueller.

I feel in the end these investigations will be placed on people around Trump but not Trump himself.
Like Manafort and Flynn are definitely in a deep hole.

I feel in the end these investigations will be placed on people around Trump but not Trump himself.

That's only because trump hasn't been implicated directly in any of the meetings. Once Mueller shakes some people down, we will learn what Trump knew and when he knew it. He'll let the small fish go if it meant bagging a President.

Like Manafort and Flynn are definitely in a deep hole.
Even if that turns out to true, Mueller can still find all of Trump's illegal business transactions while he's rooting through his company and get another team to investigate those.

And yes, I have complete confidence Trump has done illegal business transactions.

DogDude

Podesta group is a pr firm not John Podesta.
I get that but he's a founding member, his brother is still in charge and their Russia connections were flagged already working with Hillary. I don't get why they are even being associated here but I guess we will find out.

Top Bottom