• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI conducted predawn raid of former Trump campaign chairman Manafort’s home

jstripes

Banned
It's possible that's already happened and it's just being kept under wraps.

It's exciting to think about everything that we don't know yet.

When someone squeals you still have to build a case around the squealing. Especially with targets this powerful.

mclem

Every week there is another surprise.

You know when you see an innocent line and it sends your mind down a decidedely odd path?

Life is like a hurricane
Here in Trump's World
Hatred, anger, inhumane
It's a Trump-slur!
He's getting jittery
He'll tweet sophistry

Fake news! Woo-oo!
Every day Trump's out there claiming
Fake news! Woo-oo!
Tales of bullshit
Fox and Friends's fake news!

B-B-B-Bannon! Lurks behind you!
There's a Mueller out to find you
What to do, just grab on to some...

Fake news! Woo-oo!
Fake news! Woo-oo!
Tales of bullshit
Fox and Friends's fake news! Woo-oo!

Not honest news or truthful news, no
Fake news! Woo-oo!

shiba5

Next week's headline: FBI raided Trump Jr, Kushner. Also raided Eric because it's Eric.

Maybe Trump Tower got raided and that's why he's headed there for 3 days - gotta see what the FBI might have found. /wishfulthinking

I love this:

You know when you see an innocent line and it sends your mind down a decidedely odd path?

Life is like a hurricane
Here in Trump's World
Hatred, anger, inhumane
It's a Trump-slur!
He's getting jittery
He'll tweet sophistry

Fake news! Woo-oo!
Fake news! Woo-oo!
Tales of bullshit
Fox and Friends's fake news!

B-B-B-Bannon! Lurks behind you!
There's a Mueller out to find you
What to do, just grab on to some...

Fake news! Woo-oo!
Fake news! Woo-oo!
Tales of bullshit
Fox and Friends's fake news! Woo-oo!

Not honest news or truthful news, no
Fake news! Woo-oo!

AndyD

aka andydumi
96SncmN.jpg

Now that's a good Zardoz reference.

Daria

Can the FBI raid the White House, Trump Tower, La Amago?

Raiding the WH is unlikely but Trump Tower and that golf course seem very likely if they have reasonable cause.

Wait, last month?

So the FBI saw the emails from Trum Jr before the story even came out?

Manafort flipped on Trump Jr?

Some FBI guy leaked e emails to NYT?

I didn't read anying yet so I'm prob dead wrong.

Trump Jr. released the emails himself via Twitter

I hope the raided Trump Tower already but I guess that would've leaked by now. Maybe they can install some bugs in the White House during the "renovation"

I hope the raided Trump Tower already but I guess that would've leaked by now. Maybe they can install some bugs in the White House during the "renovation"
It would be better if it were already raided but Trump going there feels like him trying to interfere with something that's about to happen

I'm always puzzled about the concept of finding incriminating pieces of paper at the house of a person who was already being investigated upon. Any reason to believe Manafort would not have already shredded and burnt everything?

Because he still owed people a lot of money and people owed him a lot of money. In the fight between caution and greed, greed generally wins.

HIR0

This administration is so interesting to follow and great entertainment, especially if you're a non-American though I dread of the effects on the international scene from any policy decisions

The NYT had the emails at that point, which is why Trumpers released them.
The NYT guy said he'd chased that story for a year, so there had been some lead ever since the meeting by the sounds of it.
The guy with the viral tweet about 'chasing the story for a year' had nothing to do with the nyt breaking the meeting. He was just an independent journalist trying to research the collusion angle and never found shit.

Tahnit

Banned
Claude Taylor aka @truefactsstated is rapidly becoming very reputable in these matters. He seems to be right on the money before the MSM gets word.

So if that’s true we will see some indictments Friday.

shiba5

I've noticed that every time I watch a CNN video they claim to be the media outlet to break a major story when it happens as evident in this clip. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this was broken by WaPo

That's the "Amazon" WaPo to you, good sir!

(And, yes it was a WaPo story, or at least I saw it breaking at 5am this morning.)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Claude Taylor aka @truefactsstated is rapidly becoming very reputable in these matters. He seems to be right on the money before the MSM gets word.

What? He fell for a hoax literally days ago.

And if we don't will people finally stop posting Twitter rumormongers? I don't care if he's right 20% of the time.... If you can only trust the 'reporting' after it's verified by a mainstream outlet, then his 'scoops' are literally worthless.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I'm always puzzled about the concept of finding incriminating pieces of paper at the house of a person who was already being investigated upon. Any reason to believe Manafort would not have already shredded and burnt everything?

Maybe, but even if he attempted to delete data he probably missed something. If you just delete files, there's probably in a temp directory, or system event logs that may confirm interactions suspected on the web. In most OSes you can recover deleted files if that part of the disk hasn't been reused. A quick format of the entire drive similarly. Even a full format on some disk types can be analyzed to find the previous state.

Basically if there's anything electronic, they'll find something if there is something to find. Unless they torched all electronics.

So if that's true we will see some indictments Friday.

Eh. Way too closely tied with Mensch in the loonie bin column. Also with Counterchekist, widely assumed to be a Mensch alt.

Mattenth

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
But came out and said he was duped. Everything else has been true. He owned up to the fact and also showed how the documents he got were fake.

It's not clear to me if it's just the documents or the indictments looking at his twitter.

However, given Trumps' tweets yesterday I feel like he discovered something he didn't like.

Top Bottom