• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI conducted predawn raid of former Trump campaign chairman Manafort’s home

Beartruck

Probably because the Trump team has been blatant on areas where the special council shouldn't go, so I don't doubt for a second they've already 'advised' Flynn, Manafort and every other sacked person on what they can and cannot retain or should destroy

Frankly I'm in a reality right now where it wouldn't shock me (as much as it would with any previous administration that is) if a thread went up about pre-dawn raids on the White House
White house getting raided is unlikely. More likely Trump tower or one of his businesses.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Trump's Twitter from that day. You might almost think something is on his mind

DGy0RuzXsAALZU1.jpg

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I mean, you'd think the shredders have been running pretty much non-stop for quite a while and everything even remotely pointing to anything prosecutable should be gone by now?

Mueller gonna recruit for his team the best lawyer in America at taping together shredded documents.

kiri

Lets cast our mind back to the 26th and see how Trump was acting on that day...

Mk95GTB.jpg

Oh right....

EDIT: CURSES TECHNO

the tweeting on that day now makes sense.

also, this is tasty.

I wonder how many pre dawn raids have happened so far that we dont know about. Wonder if Trump Jr got raided yesterday morning.

JoeBoy101

Always curious about these types of raids and their success.

Wouldn't someone like Manafort just burn/delete any incriminating documents rather than have them lying around his desk/hard-drive at home?

Two things on that:

1) Illegal activity leaves figurative fingerprints. Did the person really delete/burn ALL of their incriminating documents? Did they miss anything? A surprising amount of the time, they do miss something, leading to actionable evidence.

2) Remember kids, deleted files are not GONE. They are just flagged as empty space until overwritten (there are specific applications that do that). In the right hands, liiiiike the FBI, they can recover deleted files, even partially.

mclem

Were there any particularly belligerent tweets on the 26th?

Edit: Ah, Technomancer on the money, there.

Beartruck

Who is this guy and why does his face get reposted in every single trump tgread
Hes from an old onion article during the election about how he nervously believes that surely this time Trump is ruined. People flipped it to a smile for Mueller threads.

Binabik15

*Puts on Tin foil hat*

What if the reason they're doing construction in the White House right now was to get Trump out so Mueller and Co. can check the whole place 🤔

They should at least clean out all the bugs the Russians placed during their visit. Trunp is the kind of idiot that falls for "hey, Donnie, you are great guy, give your phoneto my aide, he put my number in it back in room over there".

I mean, he tells them everything, anyway,but it's always better to check if the puppet plays its part/doesn't forget half of his report when Ivanka's ass walks by to her "job" in the WH.

As for the raid, even our local version of the IRS and the customs agency do early morning/middle of the nighz raids. And accountants can turn boring bills and papers into huge trouble.

mclem

Look above and below your post! Transgender ban, crying about Sessions not firing McCabe, and worshiping God, not government.

I started that response when this thread was only on the first few posts :). Glad to see other people thought much the same.

kiri

Thinking about it, this is quite good for obvious reasons, but also for the reason that we now know to record the dates Trump goes BANANAS on Twitter as a day *something* is happening.

I started that response when this thread was only on the first few posts :). Glad to see other people thought much the same.

Yeah for someone who claims he never gives away things publicly, his Twitter rants are pretty good indications he's having a terrible, no good, very bad day.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
If they kept this under wraps, makes you wonder what other raids have happened that we don't know about.

Misha

Banned
crazy that trump having a temper tantrum about one thing can cause him to try to eliminate the rights of unrelated people.

but this is super good news that will hopefully get us closer to getting him out. gotta think they wouldn't make moves like this without seriously believing they're on a trail. hopefully it means they're further along than we think

Binabik15

If they kept this under wraps, makes you wonder what other raids have happened that we don't know about.

IC and the press/their informants must have a deal. Keep this and this quiet for x time in the interest of national security and we will provide you with enough material for stories now AND directly notify you about the next event with the same offer.

Edit: JFC, ad sense is killing me right now. "Husband in prison? Use this number to stay in contact". In German, so I didn't take a screen.

Geist-

Trump's Twitter from that day. You might almost think something is on his mind

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGy0RuzXsAALZU1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
LMAO, I'm going to assume the investigation is getting worse for him every time he goes on a tweet frenzy. Get fucked Trump.

The raid came as Manafort has been voluntarily producing documents to congressional committees investigating Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election. The search warrant indicates investigators may have argued to a federal judge they had reason to believe Manafort could not be trusted to turn over all records in response to a grand jury subpoena.
Not a single one of those snakes should be expected to cooperate fully. Let's hope the FBI continues to crack down hard and fast before stuff goes accidentally missing or up in smoke.

Top Bottom